It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore the sneering elites - Donald Trump can win

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm not surprised when people disagree with some of Trumps policies, but I am surprised that they think Hillary is a better option.

It's baffling and only the most uninformed people think this way

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho
I'm not surprised when people disagree with some of Trumps policies, but I am surprised that they think Hillary is a better option.

so you think that a billionaire who was born into a millionaire family, who never worked a "grunt" job, never had to worry about bring home a paycheck, and never served one day in any elected office, is a better option than Hillary?......ok, got it

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
'Sneering elites'...like the Goldman Sachs rep Trump just appointed to be his financial chairman? Those kind of elites? Or like Chris Christie, the corrupt, establishment NJ governor that Trump just appointed as head of his WH transition team?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Pyrrho

so you think that a billionaire who was born into a millionaire family, who never worked a "grunt" job, never had to worry about bring home a paycheck, and never served one day in any elected office, is a better option than Hillary?......ok, got it

I think a billionaire who employs thousands of men and women, turned millions of dollars into billions, is self funded and unbeholden to anyone other than the voters. Is a far better option than a career politician who is most certainly corrupt to the core and has been floating around Washington for a few decades.
Please tell me one thing Hillary has done to strengthen our country and economy in the last 12 years?

Her secretary of state position is has turned into one huge fiasco... I shudder to think what she would do if POTUS.

You have any idea what it takes to run a billion dollar empire? Either do I but I assure you hes not just sitting in his office rolling in the piles of his ill gotten money like Scrooge McDuck.

edit on 9-5-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I'll be honest here, The one thing I do like about this whole Trump situation is that hes got everybody, and I mean Everybody, in an uproar. Left and Right.

There are two things here: The Problem (it is real) and the Solution (It is not Trump - he is part of the problem posing as the solution)

Last line in the movie the big short:
"I have a feeling, in a few years people are going to be doing what they always do when the economy tanks. They will be blaming immigrants and poor people." .

edit on 10-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The latest Morning Consult polls certainly point to a better chance for Trump.

Florida : Clinton 43 Trump 42
Pennsylvania : Clinton 43 Trump 42
Ohio : Trump 43 Clinton 38

They are big swing states in terms of the electoral college.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Can you give me a link? I went to "Morning Consult" and "Polls", but can not find those numbers..

Did find this there..

Poll: Voters Less Likely to Support Candidates Who Back Trump
morningconsult.com...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
twitter.com...
You can find many of the link updates right from here.
edit on 5/10/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If we are to ignore the sneering elites, we would do well to ignore Trump also as he is one of them.

I don't understand where anyone would get the idea he intends to help anyone but himself and people like himself.

The dude is dangerous.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Can you give me a link? I went to "Morning Consult" and "Polls", but can not find those numbers..

Did find this there..

Poll: Voters Less Likely to Support Candidates Who Back Trump
morningconsult.com...

My apologies, they are Quinnipiac polls - just caught a glimpse of them on FOX prior to posting. Trump is closing the gap quicker than i expected him to. Hillary is in trouble if this trend continues, especially if Trump can unify the majority of the GOP

Here

edit on 10/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yeah. Well. Trump says he's going to do some stuff that a President can't actually do. Also, have to wonder how much he could do with a Congress that doesn't really like him (on either side of the aisle).

Pretty much every candidate makes promises that aren't really in the President's area of control.

Same problem Sanders would have (i.e. could he get it through Congress?)....

Personally, I think Trump will showcase some new Congressional bullying tactics (if he's elected) to eventually get his agendas through. And if he doesn't? Well, at least we've prevented or delayed Hillary's steps towards the NWO...so still a win/win.......

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I don't understand where anyone would get the idea he intends to help anyone but himself and people like himself.

You think the Wall Street big wigs that paid Hillary won't get her ear?

Here's the thing. Trump has been successful. He has an ego. Here's where I get the idea he'd actually help. For starters, he's been voicing these ideas for decades. You can go back to old shows where a young Donald is saying the same things about government. He is passionate about it.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I agree. I watched some clips from him in the 80s, and he had the same views. What I also noticed, though, was that his views used to be a hell of a lot less rigid and more dynamic. He had more balance and perspective in his youth, now it's a bit like he's pruned through all the excess, and remembered only the main points he feels strongly about.

I'd rather the younger Trump, and it's not like I agree with him on most issues, but I'll give him that he's actually got genuine views that have been with him for a long time. Even though I don't like most of his views, it still puts him as an individual ahead of most other politicians, but that's not really saying much.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Here's the thing. Trump has been successful. He has an ego. Here's where I get the idea he'd actually help. For starters, he's been voicing these ideas for decades. You can go back to old shows where a young Donald is saying the same things about government. He is passionate about it.

I just have to call out that bit of crazy..

Yes he has been saying things about government for decades..

No he has not been saying the "same things" about government for decades...

Just the opposite..

He has dramatically changed his stance on virtually every position small and large and many of those changes have happened in the course of the last few months.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Just the opposite..

He has dramatically changed his stance on virtually every position small and large and many of those changes have happened in the course of the last few months.

On his core messages he has been consistent for over a decade and on trade, specifically, he has been consistent for over 2 decades.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
In terms of the Quinnipiac polls that FOX are talking a lot about today:-

Whilst Clinton is winning with women in the most crucial of the 3 swing states, Trump is beating her with men but just as wide a margin.

"This election may be good for divorce lawyers. The gender gap is massive and currently benefits Trump," Brown added. "In Pennsylvania, Clinton's 19-point lead among women matches Trump's 21-point margin among men. In Ohio, she is up 7 points among women but down 15 points with men. In Florida she is up 13 points among women but down 13 points among men."

If Trump is able to improve his image with women then Hillary could struggle.

Also worth noting that Trump is doing better than Romney and McCain in these states at the same point in 2008 and 2012.

Trump thrashes Clinton in the 3 states in terms of who the voters think would do a better job for the economy and Clinton has a higher unfavorable rating overall.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Only if you cherry pick TWO of them. LGBT issues, and abortion (and he hasn't changed THAT much on that one).
As for when, it was actually about two years ago in regards to gay marriage....something Clinton has COMPLETELY 180'd on herself. In 2008, she was strongly opposed to it.

Plus, given the fact that society in general has flip-flopped on these issues, kind of easy to forgive BOTH candidates on this, especially if they plan to claim to represent us.
edit on 10-5-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Only if you cherry pick TWO of them. LGBT issues, and abortion (and he hasn't changed THAT much on that one).
As for when, it was actually about two years ago in regards to gay marriage....

Curious does putting "TWO" in all caps magically make it true?

Let's add a couple more like Democrat/Republican and an assault weapons ban to your "TWO" list...

Shall I keep going?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Just the opposite..

On his core messages he has been consistent for over a decade and on trade, specifically, he has been consistent for over 2 decades.

Yes...you got me there..he has consistently not liked the Chinese.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Just the opposite..

Yes...you got me there..he has consistently not liked the Chinese.

That's the problem with anti-Trumpers... resorting to nonsense in a vain attempt to make a point.
It hasn't worked so far and with the polls closing between Clinton and Trump it's got to be very worrying for you

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join