It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore the sneering elites - Donald Trump can win

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

There are ZERO good candidates, so what the hell why not? Let's have fun for 4 years.

That is what high school is for and were supposed to grow-out of that childish thinking once we become adults.

Real world, real problems and a need to think realistically.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That doesn't change anything. Not talking about something stupid you did in the past doesn't mean you didn't still do it.

It wasn't stupid in the past, it was a legitimate point. Look how long Barry took to release the long form.

The US has many different people and groups and institutions within it which all have different ideas of what is in the best interest of the US. What makes you think "in the best interest of the US" has anything to do with what you imagine is in the best interest of the US?? Or that he'll do any of it??

The best interest for the US doesn't have anything to do with individuals, but rather an entire nation. If certain individuals feel they may be threatened by an isolationist view they don't care about the interest of the nation itself.

Does that also include all the innocent prisoners who we called terrorists and tortured even though they weren't and let go and never charged??? Do you care about them or the fact they were tortured as well???

I don't agree with our worldwide intervention in general, but in reality mistakes will be made. I don't like it but there is nothing we can do outside of staying within our own borders and cutting off the rest of the world.

Yeah right....We are tied to every other country on this planet in a multitude of ways that aren't so easily untangled at this point even if we wanted to.

Yes, the US could easily become isolationist. Despite what you think, the US has everything it needs to do just that. Would it create havoc in the rest of the world? Well yea, when one of the world's largest food suppliers stops exporting, it will have dire effects.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
dbl
edit on 7-5-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

There are ZERO good candidates, so what the hell why not? Let's have fun for 4 years.

That is what high school is for and were supposed to grow-out of that childish thinking once we become adults.

Ok realistically, who do we vote for?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

The best interest for the US doesn't have anything to do with individuals, but rather an entire nation. If certain individuals feel they may be threatened by an isolationist view they don't care about the interest of the nation itself.

Ok, The Nation is a concept. The fact is what is in the best interest of The Nation is subjective. Majorly subjective in fact. To those who profit off of war the Invasion of Iraq was in the best interest of this Nation. To those who fear ISIS taking over the world Invading the entire middle east is in the best interest of this nation. What's best for the nation is largely debatable. Just look at the two parties we have. What is best for Libs and Cons. are opposites many times and neither of them would fall in line with what most people want.

I don't agree with our worldwide intervention in general, but in reality mistakes will be made. I don't like it but there is nothing we can do outside of staying within our own borders and cutting off the rest of the world.

I don't just mean interventionist stuff which I'm also against most of the time too. I'm talking about the fact that we are all massively interconnected and we can't just break that off. We have allies and enemies and interests and conflicts and trade and interwoven economies now, communications, etc.

To isolate ourselves would cause massive damage to us and the world and would be bad for everyone. Limiting what those connections are and what we're doing in some places is fine and would help for sure, but we can't just ignore the rest of the world. We'd be just as screwed as them.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The big issue IS the USA itself. WE have over-extended. The world literally cannot function without the USA in the present day. The same cannot be said for the USA. The USA would indeed be able to survive as an isolationist country, we have all resources we need. The fact we are a net exporter in food says it all.

Do I think we should take that route? Well hell no, I like my British and Aussie friends a lot. I fight with my Turkish friends because they think Erdogan is good. My Egyptian friends? Well, depends on the day with them. My Russian comrades are usually a good source of conversation and debate, especially when we are drinking

Overall, the US is a delusional country in general. Black is white, up is down. So many are already what I call "Germanized" they don't realize it. Nationalism is already a big thing in the US, and it didn't start with Trump.

If you can name one person that would be an actual better leader than Trump, I welcome your recommendation.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Trump can win if he unifies the GOP and then stops being Trump. Declares all that nonsense about walls, not liking POWs, insulting women, banning Muslims etc. etc. was just stuff he said to show how people will buy anything and that he is now revealing his real platform that is moderate an not insane. Granted he would lose the supporters who got him this far but, their are not enough of them to get him into office anyway. Of course that would imply Trump has some idea what he is doing, and I simply have seen no evidence of that.

As for the GOP, the best way it can save itself is through a crushing Trump loss where he becomes irrelevent and the party can be rebuilt with out the tea party people whom the foolishly let take over the party with crazy talk that lead to Trump.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Of course that would imply Trump has some idea what he is doing, and I simply have seen no evidence of that.

Really? You haven't? Seems like he's just been demolishing the opposition.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Declares all that nonsense about walls, not liking POWs, insulting women, banning Muslims etc. etc

You seriously watch too much of the MSM.

Granted he would lose the supporters who got him this far

He's not losing any supporters anywhere! Even though you think it to be, it's not!

Of course that would imply Trump has some idea what he is doing

Billionaires usually have an idea of what they are doing (no Trump isn't a billionaire because of daddy)

As for the GOP, the best way it can save itself is through a crushing Trump loss where he becomes irrelevent and the party can be rebuilt with out the tea party people whom the foolishly let take over the party with crazy talk that lead to Trump.

Vote for Kasich?

Sorry Spad, but you obviously are not in touch at all with this current election.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't care. There are plenty of people that would be able to do the job, but you have to write them in instead of voting for the high school bully.

That takes a bit of principle...a quality seldom found these days.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I don't care. There are plenty of people that would be able to do the job, but you have to write them in instead of voting for the high school bully.

That takes a bit of principle...a quality seldom found these days.

OK lets try again realistically.

Who do we vote for.

your realistic (and this will be your real choice) is Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump.

One of those 2 will be president come January 2017.

So tell me who you pick.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If i lived there i'd vote for Trump.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Where do people get this stuff!!??
Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'd do a kick ass job writing articles for him, oh that would be so much fun!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

huh?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

your realistic

Since we are in to word games, it is you're...
And you forgot a question mark.

One of those 2 will be president come January 2017. So tell me who you pick.

I will vote for neither, but Hillary will win the White House. I said as much many, many months ago.

Trump's house of cards will begin to crash, considering the seeds of doubt in his candidacy have begun to bloom, even among the faithful, and we will have the status quo for another 4-8 years.

I expect things will begin to change significantly during that time.

A revolution is coming, but not in the manner you would expect.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sorry but she won't win. She's the most hated candidate thus far. I do see Trump winning at this point.

Yes things will definately change but i do not believe the Revolution is going to be one even the Elites perceived, groomed or enhanced with their folly. And we all know there's a whole lot of that going down in the Big White House.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Sorry but she won't win. She's the most hated candidate thus far.

Most polls, minus Rasmussen, would disagree. Trump is the most hated.

I do see Trump winning at this point.

That is your desire. Your hope.

Yes things will definately change but i do not believe the Revolution is going to be one even the Elites perceived, groomed or enhanced with their folly. And we all know there's a whole lot of that going down in the Big White House.

I'm not sure what that even means.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Most polls, minus Rasmussen, would disagree. Trump is the most hated.

So THAT'S why he's the Most Popular Candidate to date eh? People hate him so much they keep going to his Rally's in the Thousands.

That is your desire. Your hope.

I Remote Viewed it ages ago.

I'm not sure what that even means.

Meaning.. The Elites are always fiddling with things they ought not. They could very well 'try' to create a fake Revolution in their attempt to gain back what they're clearly losing, The Respect and Desire of the People, and that isn't going to happen for them.
edit on 5/7/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

So THAT'S why he's the Most Popular Candidate to date eh? People hate him so much they keep going to his Rally's in the Thousands.

He's the most popular within the party. Overall, his popularity is sinking.

Trump is, by far, the GOP delegate leader — and the only candidate with a realistic shot at winning a majority of delegates before the July convention. But at the same time, nearly two-thirds of Americans view Trump unfavorably — and his image rating has declined since Republican voting began in February.

www.politico.com...

Meaning.. The Elites are always fiddling with things they ought not. They could very well 'try' to create a fake Revolution in their attempt to gain back what they're clearly losing, The Will and Desires of the People.

That's not the revolution I am talking about. The elites/Illuminati/etc have nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join