It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignore the sneering elites - Donald Trump can win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm still not convinced Trump is the answer.

I'm no fan of the Wall business, I support doing something about the illegals. I'm also no fan of Hillary either.

Here is an interesting perspective from the UK. Yes, I know but it's a rather good read.

"Mr Trump has a chance of the White House because modern Republicans have either governed disastrously or had nothing to offer except platitudes and drivel"

He may not be the next president: but, again, it is a far more possible outcome than many believe – or want to believe. Surveys show his support is far from confined to blue-collar white men. The political class, and the pundits who cosy up to them, cannot understand why he has become the first man since Eisenhower to get to a US general election without having held any elected office.

I'll be honest here, The one thing I do like about this whole Trump situation is that hes got everybody, and I mean Everybody, in an uproar. Left and Right.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Mr Trump has a chance of the White House because modern Republicans have either governed disastrously or had nothing to offer except platitudes and drivel"

Agree. The modern Republicans have been a big balloon and Trump is the prick that was needed to pop it.

Edid....OPPs, make that pin prick

edit on 31America/ChicagoSat, 07 May 2016 17:05:01 -0500Sat, 07 May 2016 17:05:01 -050016052016-05-07T17:05:01-05:00500000005 by TerryMcGuire because: Edid....OPPs, make that pin prick

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I'll be honest here, The one thing I do like about this whole Trump situation is that hes got everybody, and I mean Everybody, in an uproar. Left and Right.

That is the exact reason I like him too.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm not a supporter of his, not in the slightest.

But...

If nothing else, he's shaken the GOP to its core. The top of the party are shaking in their boots, and it's about damned time. The same thing needs to happen to my Democratic party. The Clintonista's and their sycophants need to be removed, and the parties base restored to what it once was.

+6 more 
posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Great article. It says things that most of the US MSM is ignoring.

I like this part:

No wonder traditional politicians are so distressed. A peasants’ revolt is under way in America – as, indeed, it is in Britain and in much of Europe – and they are the target of the revolutionaries’ anger. It threatens nothing less than the end of an old order – an order that has failed because of its contempt for the feelings of voters who believed they lived in a democracy.

+6 more 
posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I can't wait for the first oval office reality show...

"YOUR FIRED!"

That's right! Fire all those corrupt bastards!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I'll be honest here, The one thing I do like about this whole Trump situation is that hes got everybody, and I mean Everybody, in an uproar.

A lot of my support for him is based on irritating people. I'm not fond of any of the candidates so I might as well support the guy that's pissing the most people off for fun. That and at least he's not a commie or Hillary and wants to actually do something about snek.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
He has thrown a large kink in the machine,
I'll give him that, hands down...
I hope it breaks wide open to be honest.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I can't wait for the first oval office reality show...

"YOUR FIRED!"

That's right! Fire all those corrupt bastards!

Yeah. Well. Trump says he's going to do some stuff that a President can't actually do. Also, have to wonder how much he could do with a Congress that doesn't really like him (on either side of the aisle).

But Reagan did fire 11,000 ATCs.
edit on 5/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Trump says he's going to do some stuff that a President can't actually do.

So has every presidential candidate, ever.

But Reagan did fire 11,000 ATCs.

Now Reagan is the cause of 9/11? (or do you mean a different type of atc?)
edit on 7-5-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Also, have to wonder how much he could do with a Congress that doesn't really like him (on either side of the aisle

He'd prolly go on Live TV, bitch, moan and complain about that and gain even more support.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I love disruption. I think it's akin to evolution and progress. You can't move forward in anything unless you disrupt what's happening in the present. Usually the bigger the disruption the more progress we make, think the automobile. That disrupted thousands upon thousands of years of Horse use and Horse powered wagons for everything. Disruptive presidents are even better. Lincoln was very disruptive and one of our best....yet....

I'm not convinced that Trump is an outsider or disruptive. I see his close friendship/association with the Clintons, his billionaire status, his close ties to wall street as a sign up this. I don't really think he's an outsider. But I could be wrong?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Sometimes I forget not everyone is as old as I am.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

At least hell tell us why Congress isn't moving so we actually know what the hell is going on

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Also, have to wonder how much he could do with a Congress that doesn't really like him (on either side of the aisle

He'd prolly go on Live TV, bitch, moan and complain about that and gain even more support.

Which might eventually lead to dumping a lot of deadwood in Congress.
edit on 5/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm still not convinced Trump is the answer.

I'm no fan of the Wall business, I support doing something about the illegals. I'm also no fan of Hillary either.

Here is an interesting perspective from the UK. Yes, I know but it's a rather good read.

"Mr Trump has a chance of the White House because modern Republicans have either governed disastrously or had nothing to offer except platitudes and drivel"

He may not be the next president: but, again, it is a far more possible outcome than many believe – or want to believe. Surveys show his support is far from confined to blue-collar white men. The political class, and the pundits who cosy up to them, cannot understand why he has become the first man since Eisenhower to get to a US general election without having held any elected office.

A wolverine running across the middle of a town would get everybody in an uproar so that makes a wolverine a good president?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

Sometimes I forget not everyone is as old as I am.
www.nytimes.com...

Thanks! I was alive when Reagan was in office, but I cared more about playgrounds at that time

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No worries, I knew what you referenced...

Wait...

Does that mean I'm old, too?

a reply to: BlueAjah

I guess we'll see how long the peasants attention span is. I'm not real confident.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'd vote for him

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Is that the best you can come up with? Yawn...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join