It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Fair enough and thanks for the reply. The only outstanding point--and I'm sure you understand--is the point a few have made: How do you know/have verified how high up the official ladder Delonge has gotten? Is it like Schuyler set it up? Another instance of "Somebody I trust said so?" How many people actually know who Tom's contacts are?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

right so DeLonge is in league with high up government figures and they have gave him this information and they are prob monitoring these threads that have started because of the information been disclosed thus far. to me they are looking at different outlets to disclose some serious info that could cause distress across the globe, i for one am finding this very interesting, i dont think that delonge is merely trying to sell books or t-shirts, that element is ingrained in him from his rockstar days, after all who wouldnt want to make money from selling this info, he is used to the high life ffs so he needs to cash in. i dont care about how he makes money from this cause its nothing compared to what he would have made in blink 182, so to me he isnt gaining from it financially compared to before, i dont know its a quandary................ when are we getting this info anyway, i remember delonge replying to me and saying that they were the gods of old, which i took as ancient egyptian gods like Ra etc in line with the Law of One, its all very exciting if you give it a shred of your belief.

The "gods of old" prolly means the anchient humans who ruled over the world using animal type mask to scxare their followers into worshipping them.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

How many people actually know who Tom's contacts are?

My guess is just one , Tom.
I'm unconvinced by his story , the more I read about him the less convinced I become.
I think it's fantasy mixed with publicity for his business and books.

On his visit to Area 51.

Don't ask me why. We put about four logs on the fire, and everything is illuminated by the fire, and we fall asleep around one or two. I woke up right around three a.m. My whole body felt like it had static electricity, and I open my eyes and the fire is still going, and there's a conversation going on outside the tent. It sounded like there were about 20 people there, talking. And instantly my mind goes, OK, they're at our campsite, they're not here to hurt us, they're talking about #, but I can't make out what they're saying. But they're working on something. Then I close my eyes and wake up, and the fire is out and I have about three hours of lost time.
www.papermag.com...

The rest of the interview is quite interesting.

This aint no Bob Lazar

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Your guess is incorrect unless people who have never lied to me decided to start lying to me for no reason/benefit to them at all.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
Ok, let's look at it this way.

Since the beginning of human history the big lie has always been perpetrated like this:

Shamanism
"Only I can talk to the spirits. I have the secret knowledge. I have the powa!"

Religion
"Only God's chosen priesthood on Earth understands divine law. The priesthood has the secret knowledge. We the priests have the powa!"

Yea I agree when I hear that old adage, red flags immediately pop up. Ego mixed with delusion, and possibly some truth.

The only reason I say this is because of my own personal OBE's I can talk till I'm blue in the face explaining the details, how to, and effects, but until someone experiences it for themselves, most won't believe.

I think we are all wired that way.

Some people will give info for the sake of altruism, but when there is a profit agenda behind someone's story my BS detector's are on high alert.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

They are the "gods" of mythology. Not gods in any other sense. Very physical beings that have advanced technology. That is it. Nothing more. There are different ones created to do different tasks. a reply to: Davg80

this was the exact reply ^^^

dont think its folks with masks on hes talkn about.

my question was what gods are you talking about?
edit on 8-5-2016 by Davg80 because: why Must this be filled out?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

With respect Springer I don't know who your contacts are , although I could probably guess a couple.

All I know is what I've read from a few interviews with Tom DeLonge and to me he comes across as a believer who's willing to fill in the caps , he also has plans for a series of six books plus other media projects and has a retail outlet all dependent on Aliens and UFO's , UFOs are now his business.

Recorded in 2014 , Tom shows how deep he is into UFOs.

If he weren't Tom DeLonge from Blink-182 I don't think anyone would take his stories seriously.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Which is why he's in the perfect position to do this. He's not some random guy with a UFO built on top of his van running around with books to all the conferences and making youtube videos with four subscribers (including his mom). He's not one of the old-guard Ufologists that people are all jaded about or who have lost credibility with a significant group of people. He's fresh and he's famous and he's got the skills to help people suspend their disbelief long enough via 'entertainment' to create culture around it and then go for the Big Reveal.

I'm suspending judgement and taking the ride until such time as I see its gone belly up... It frankly is the first whiff of hope that has come into the UFO community that has ANY chance at all of giving the real score. I've been waiting a long time, as have you, my friend. We shall see. It's easy to say "well, prepare to be disappointed" and you may be right, but until I actually am disappointed, I am giving it my attention.

- AB

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

why are UFOs his buisness? he was living the high life as a rock star and he decided to be ridiculed by all and sundry over his beliefs in the UFO phenomenon, does that make sense to you? or do you think that hes decided to come up with a fantastical story about aliens and gods etc to what, get more dough, more famous, more fans. no none of it makes sense apart from hes been told something by people of power and he believes them. and he has set upon this journey because of this, me personally i would have stayed in the band.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I don't want to start being a Tom DeLonge apologist so please don't think I am, but, he is bleeding money (I explained this in an earlier post yesterday) not making any. I assure you the chances of him ever getting a return on his investment in this are less than zero. There is no money to be made in Ufology unless you are the prototypical one man show AboveBoard describes in her post above.

DeLonge says it himself in the interview with George, "this is definitely a quest, not a business". I can tell you from first hand experience that I believe he speaks the truth.

We (The Above Network) have invested tens of thousands of dollars in trying to get this topic more awareness and less mocking, we've never seen a dime of ROI on that piece. Not even a penny, a complete loser from a business perspective. Heck, we still have yet to get back to even on the book we published 8 years ago, last I checked we're not even close to getting back 1/4 of the money we spent to make the book happen.

I am positive he's not interested in making money, obviously if he did that would be a plus (and a miracle), but, FWIW, I believe him when he says his motivation is not financial. If it is, he's in for a rude awakening, and I don't think he's that naive or silly.

He's in the relatively unique position of being able to invest resources into this for purely passionate reason without having to worry about ROI.

That doesn't mean he's right but in my mind it adds to his credibility.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

True believers, especially rich and famous ones, have ALWAYS been "useful".

Kev

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: BO XIAN

It is too early in the game for the WHOLE truth to come out. That won't be out wholesale until the world ruler sets up his image in the new Jewish 3rd Temple to be worshiped as God.

Please... do expound!

I am truly interested in how you see the 3rd Jewish temple fitting into this.

I am not teasing/trolling..... am genuinely interested in your thoughts on this!

Thanks for the honor of your query.

Sometimes I'm cryptic to try and minimize the flack. LOL.

OK . . . here goes . . .
I treat the following as much stronger than assumptions. Unless qualified, I treat the following as certainty, truth, fact, reality etc. I realize that others construe reality quite differently. I come to these conclusions having studied the UFO stuff since 1962 and globalism since 1965 when I was acting Director of the University Library Special Collections Dept. and had to handle such materials as my job.
1. We are in the Biblical END TIMES which includes the prophetically predicted (Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Psalms, Shorter prophets, Matt 24, & Revelation) ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and ONE WORLD RELIGION.
2. The global oligarchy has been noting somewhat publicly for 100+ years what their plans are regarding a one world government and one world religion.
3. The global oligarchy has moved the ball a LONNNNNGGG ways down the field toward achieving that goal. Recently, even the RCC Pope has been making increasingly brazen pronouncements toward the one world religion. His offices have also been making pronouncements about "our space brothers" having 'more true understanding of salvation--possibly truer than the Gospels.' That's utter blasphemy. But it's created hardly a ripple and been cheered.
4. The GREAT DECEPTION Christ warned about in the NT will be soooo thick and skillful that even authentic Christian believers would be deceived were it possible (evidently Holy Spirit helping prevent such along with the devotion of the individuals concerned).
5. THEREFORE, initially, the critters and their human oligarchy counter-parts will be very skillful to sell the coming world government as essential . . . e.g. to save the planet from humans and humans from themselves.
6. THEREFORE, Depopulation is necessary. Cute, the Dark lord loves bloodshed, death and destruction.
7. THEREFORE, global war will be needed for depopulation as well as to DESTROY THE OLD ORDER preparing the way for the NWO. . . . they often trumpet . . . 'ORDER OUT OF CHAOS' as one of their major tools and strategies.
8. It will likely be necessary for 'space brothers' to descend with great powerful technology and re-interpretations of reality in order to manipulate all the world's religions into one. Ditto to a lesser degree into a one world government.
9. The most probable scenario, imho, is WWIII . . . in the midst of which the ET's/fallen angels descend with huge craft and seemingly prevent mankind from continuing to utterly destroy each other and the planet.
10. A global population desperately terrified of being wiped off the planet and tired of all the fighting etc. quite compliantly become submissive sheeple/Eloi and willingly become ready to be prepared to shuffle into the maws of the Morlach's. . . . which is not that different from the satanic god Moloch.
11. A world leader arises that appears to be a man of peace with all manner of lily white reputation, persona, appearance, silver tongue, etc. etc. etc. The whole planet submits to his 'making war with peace' and complies with his . . . 'demands.'
12. He evidently takes 3.5 years to consolidate his power; extend his tyrannical absolute !!!!CONTROL!!!! etc. etc.
13. THEN . . . showing himself to be satan incarnate, he sets up his image in the Holy of Holies of the 3rd Jewish Temple that has been built, in the meantime.
14. THEN the gig is up. The whole game then becomes evident. The charade is lain aside. Death, persecution, mayhem etc. becomes the order of the day, big time.
I think that's a rough summary as I construe it.
I don't have any great motivation to 'prove' it. Folks can do their own homework and accept or reject it as they wish.
If you have clarification questions or genuine curiosity--I'll see what I can do to answer briefly.
Thanks for asking.
Cheers.

edit on 8/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer

I am positive he's not interested in making money, obviously if he did that would be a plus (and a miracle), but, FWIW, I believe him when he says his motivation is not financial. If it is, he's in for a rude awakening, and I don't think he's that naive or silly. He's in the relatively unique position of being able to invest resources into this for purely passionate reason without having to worry about ROI.

I agree that he isn't in it for the money. Anyone with $40 million bucks is in a position to ditch the "making money" part of life and indulge himself in stuff that really interests him. After all, being a 'rock star' is hard work. The kind of scheduling and stress he had to have been under for so many years is something no sane person wants to endure if they don't have to.

And I really don't think he's nuts--just naive. And not to put too fine a point on it, but if his first book, "Sekrets" ("Sekrets"? Really?) is any indication, he really ought to stick with music as his day job. I'm not sure how much he personally wrote there as he has a co-author, but the thing is truly one of the most poorly written books, from both a plot and a technical standpoint, that I have ever read. The promise of more in the series is truly frightening. If you feel compelled to defend the book, please go actually read it first. I predict you will come back here and at least say, "Ummm, yeah, I guess it has a couple of issues." Anyone who is truly well-read in the UFO field will be rolling their eyes.

So to me that begs the question. If these "Higher-Ups" chose Tom DeLonge to promote their own agenda, they really screwed up. Maybe he ought to write songs about it because this written material is pathetic. I can't believe that any sane person would read that and come to the conclusion that they are now well-informed about the issue. So that causes me to question these mysterious "Higher-Ups." Either they are as incompetent as any other bureaucrats, or they are laughing at our expense for having pulled yet another counter-intelligence operation on a gullible public. It's just Richard Doty all over again. DeLonge sounds like another William Moore duped into believing he actually knows something. And if you don't know who those people are, you need to do some research on your own.

What really gets me is people who either do not or refuse to acknowledge the patterns of Disclosure here. Who, exactly, are these "Higher-Ups"? Who is "higher than Podesta," who's just a partisan politician. If you got this information from "someone you trust," well, who is that? Can he not speak for himself? All this is third party information and if it keeps going on like this it has no more credibility than Kerry Cassidy and Project Serpo. At least Serpo was better written than "Sekret Machines."

edit on 5/8/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I think the non-fiction "information" part is coming in another set of books. I'm more excited about that material than the fiction stuff, honestly. In other words, fiction is the appetizer, like it or not, and the entree has not yet been served.

From what I can tell, he's trying to gin up interest using a "thriller" format, then an animated movie, etc. He's introducing events/ideas/lore to the Youths. I don't think anyone would consider Sekret Machines as being a high-level intellectual treatise. There are no footnotes. It's fiction based in information Tom is being given - that's it.

I'm not a DeLonge apologist either, nor a "believer" in him, nor a Blink fan, even. I'm just keeping an open mind, and excited to have it confirmed that he's talking to people that have, to the best of our knowledge, never talked before, and are in a position to really know.

- AB

("Sekret" is how you spell "secret" in Russian, after converting the letters to English...perhaps that's why he spelled it that way? I dunno... I don't think it was just cause it was cool looking. Then again...could be both.)

секрет
sekret
edit on 8-5-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Man, that was a depressing post, so I deleted it. here's a nice song instead.

Intermezzo

edit on 8-5-2016 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

i would love to know some of the conspiracy theories that you think may have some substance, are you a religous person btw? .........am i allowed to ask that lol.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

He may believe what he is saying but so does the average nutjob
as for bleeding cash, If anybody can afford to take up a fantasists hobby a retired rock star can.

There are many bands who make a fortune every year from one or two songs that get guaranteed play every year.

There is one UK band who rake in a small fortune EVERY Christmas from just one song.

Slade and Merry Christmas Everybody.

2013 figures estimate that the single, which has sold over 1.2 million copies and is, according to the Performing Right Society, the most heard song in the world, earns Slade (including the much-forgotten songwriter Jim Lea, who wrote 'Merry Xmas Everybody''s chorus) £512,000 a year

I could quite happily live of that every year.

So going by the AMA I wont hold my breath.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Maybe I expected little of the plot. I expected a hodge podge of real life narratives cobbled together loosely in order to make a fiction work as a vehicle for the fiction to tell a lot of "truth" as proffered.

It seemed to me it roughly met his goal as I construed it. I don't expect Hemingway.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
Man, that was a depressing post, so I deleted it. here's a nice song instead.

Intermezzo

Wellll GREAT. I now have that song stuck in my head and am singing it in the kitchen while making dinner. My husband too.

CURSE YOU, BYBOTS!!! *shakes fist meaningfully*

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
and excited to have it confirmed that he's talking to people that have, to the best of our knowledge, never talked before, and are in a position to really know.

Thanks for the information on "Sekret."

What I quoted above is what I see no confirmation on at all. It's part of the "UFO Disclosure meme" that has been around since the fifties, namely that people "really in a position to know" wanted to "disclose" what they knew about UFOs, but the time wasn't "right." This was a fundamental belief of the APRO: Aerial Phenomena Research Organization started in 1952. It has continued for what? almost 70 years or so? Every few years there is some sort of event that brings this same idea up again. It was a central idea in the long-running "Majestic 12" documents that purported to be a real "smoking gun" proving that these "Higher Ups" actually existed and were senior members of the government. This time they were all named. In fact, that even got the government to investigate itself! Today, though there are still some adherents, the Majestic 12 papers are considered a well-done hoax.

You find the same idea in the writings of Budd Hopkins, the artist turned abduction researcher, who "uncovered" that the Secretary General of the United Nations had been abducted. Whitley Strieber discusses the idea frequently in conjunction with his "Communion" Books. The "Secret Government" features prominently in Richard Dolan's "UFOs and the National Security State" series. It's a central tenant of the Exopolitics Movement with Stephen Bassett. Most recently you find the "Higher Ups" discussed by Steven Greer, who says he actually knows who they are, but he "wishes he could, but he can't tell you." Of course, he's also held an alien baby in his arms and been attacked by "skalar" weapons, but when you're with the "in crowd" you get certain privileges the rest of us do not.

So now we have Tom DeLonge, the latest in a long series of people over almost three-quarters of a century, who says he knows people "in the know" who have told him, guess what? That they want to disclose what they know themselves when the time is right. And we have people like Springer, who says he believes there are people "in the know" because someone he really trusts says there are.

My only real question here is, does any one else not see that the is deja vu all over again? the same old same old? That this whole thing has the same elements as a traditional Cargo Cult with "Disclosure" coming "real soon now!"? My message is this: Put up or shut up. And no, we're not "waiting" because "waiting" IS the cult.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join