It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Knapp interviews Tom DeLonge about his big project

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: Rosinitiate

that "wrongness" has admittedly given me some lost slumber over the years, as there are some twisted, horrible scenarios brains can build when there is a history of lies and lack of any good information... or even a lack of any so-so information, usually!

Bah, don't get too wound up in it, friend. At best, a great mental exercise and nothing more. To go beyond that becomes detrimental to ones health. Regardless of the prison (man made or otherwise), there is a certain level of empowerment we as individuals have over our surroundings in both a physical and metaphysical sense, for that I have no doubt. I do have my experiences after all.

That said, and whether really for our own good or not, from a context of me living here and now, choosing to know or not know, and choosing yea yet the response is met with a resounding silence from those who "know" is a violation of my free will.

Good or bad, beautiful or ugly I care not. Truth and always truth because in truth there is always beauty. Even if only in the eyes of the ego.

edit on 9-5-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
1% ers...it's not about money, social status or any of that BS. I't about blood lines and some how, some way the whole UFO, paranormal, mysticism, religious, etc. is all tied in with those few blood lines.

Maybe Tom D. has some of that rare liquid flowing in his veins thus allowing him privileges not available to the rest of us.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

That's one of my question for the upcoming AMA w/ D. Icke

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
1% ers...it's not about money, social status or any of that BS. I't about blood lines and some how, some way the whole UFO, paranormal, mysticism, religious, etc. is all tied in with those few blood lines.

Maybe Tom D. has some of that rare liquid flowing in his veins thus allowing him privileges not available to the rest of us.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

That's one of my question for the upcoming AMA w/ D. Icke

Be careful.

No need to put 1%'ers on a pedestal.

If there is a direct correlation between 1%'ers and esoteric knowledge, it is because they actually believe it and are schooled in it. We chose to find it poppycock (with their help vis a vis movie media). Simple really, you have pearls why throw them before swine?

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Well, to be quite honest, I think that first book was for newbies who have never really heard about any of this stuff.

If I'm reading it right (literally) the idea is to introduce non-ufo savvy folks to ufology, to the events and themes that are, according to TD's understanding, basics that will help The Masses (especially younger folks) learn about it.

I honestly don't think that first novel was written for people who have studied the phenomenon like folks at ATS have. It's a Primer of sorts. TD, IMO is looking to reach a whole lot of mainstream type people who have been conditioned to think UFO = crazy.

Imagine if you will that THAT is your goal, to not only sort wheat from chaff but to erase decades of psyops conditioning so that it becomes something normative. And to make it flash enough to catch the attention of a media and entertainment hungry culture that doesn't stomach sitting down to dry arguments and dissertations. How would you go about it if you were massively hooked into the entertainment world already?

I personally would greedily devour a densely packed historical account with annotations and appendices but hey, again, I'm not his initial target audience, really. And so I am going to be patient and see where it goes. Really patient. How long have I waited already?

I don't know what the "facts" will look like in the end, or if he's going to have the rug pulled out on him, or if it's all some sort of grand lie. I also dont know if maybe there will be enough truth to hang our hats on and rock our worlds. I'm gonna wait and see.

I do know that no matter what TD does or how he does it, there will be people who kick sand in his face and stomp off (righteously or not). And folks who disagree based on their own research and understanding, no matter what the source behind the information is in a position to know.

AB

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Sorry to quote the X-Files, but the "Truth is out there", did you see his book collection in the YT video? The guy knows his stuff and knew who the right people were to contact from his research. I found this article from Esquire:

Tom Delonge interview Esquire April-2016

You talk about this project being extremely important to communicate to the next generation.

It's gonna be Apollo all over again where people are blown away by what our country is capable of and what we've been doing. They're not going to be the Big Bad Secret Government. People are going to want to re-allocate more money to space defense and exploration. They're going to want to work for incredible companies—that I can't say here—instead of Elon Musk. Some of these companies are having a hard time getting new engineers because they can't talk about what they're doing. But I'm like, "If people knew what you're doing, they will all day long graduate from MIT and come work for you." It's like how the day after 9/11 everybody went to work for the military. Just be truthful and they'll support you.

Tell me about your secret meetings with high-level government officials.

For me to go into the areas I did and pitch something with knowledge, to bring ideas that had a voice that they don't have, I think that's what resonated with them. Being who I am afforded me at least an open door. But once you get in there, you gotta say something smart. Because a lot of these people—even though they have multiple stars on their shoulders, they have multiple PhDs, have an enormous responsibility, and in some cases they command tens of thousands of scientists and engineers and different programs that nobody knows about—when you get in there you've gotta speak coherently about your idea and get to the point quickly. My knowledge of the UFO phenomenon as an academic of the subject and presenting a thesis to these people instantly made them understand that I could be a rare force that could execute this type of a project. I also understood the more scary and complex parts of the phenomenon. I wasn't just in there saying, "UFOs are aliens from another planet and they wear tinfoil hats."

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
To AboveBoard:
Exactly...

To everyone else who is all a flutter, positive it's bunk, and aghast over this:

If you're pissed off about how this may happen because it doesn't fit with how you think it should happen I would say go raise the cash required, get access to those who might actually know what's going on, and go do it YOUR WAY. I'll happily support you to the extent I can here on ATS.

Good luck with that, I've been trying for 35+ years and have spent a fortune on it to no avail but based on what I've read in this thread you could do better so PLEASE DO.

Whether this ends up being what you or I hope it will be is irrelevant, it will be what it will be, we don't have enough info yet to determine what it will be. That said, I am willing to be patient enough to find out what, exactly it IS and will be.

So carry on with your never can happen, "we're all going to get screwed out of the ZERO resources WE spent on this" rhetoric, and assassination before investigation all you want. As I said, I'll be patient enough to see for myself what, if anything, comes of this.

Enough already...

edit on 5-9-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Ok well I joined here because I was told I would see new & better evidence , we also have MANY members who make claims of regular sightings even communication with ufo/aliens.

One member ckaimed regular visits to his house out in the sticks that his famiky also witness YET whenever these people are challenged for REAL proof all we get are the usual lame excuses.

Thsres has to be life out there but I dont think Mog from Zog has made a visit here yet.

edit on 10-5-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2016 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
i must say this TDL thread is much better than his AMA. i'm not gonna slate his poor performance cause i would have been the exact same if i was met with such hostility over something that i believed in, in fact if he was trying to play us i think he would have put much more of his energies into that AMA. regardless this OP has some great input from many of the Amazing members of this site, i appreciate the input of all, even if i don't agree with all. but with just over two hours till David Icke arrives the questions i would like to ask are many, yet i need to pick one, now what interests me relating to this thread was TDL response when he was asked about David Icke in his AMA, basically saying he was a Weirdo. (which could be construed as the pot calling the kettle black)
I wonder if Icke has the same impression of TDL ( i will refain from asking him that question )
i think i want to know what he thinks of the inter dimensional hypothesis.

im not trying to derail this thread i just want to make sure the people of this thread are in on the next AMA

Thanks

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I would just like to leave a thought in this thread, as it's extremely apropos.

There is an unusual phenomena that sometimes arises here on planet Earth, and it's been with us a very long time. Throughout history many people have claimed to understand it, and for the moat part have been wrong. You could call the phenomena religion if you wish, but that only captures some of it. You could call the phenomena deception if you wish, but it's been more of a communciations mismatch. It's a wild thing, as unpredictable as life itself.

I'm not going to get on a soapbox about the true nature of this phenomena in this post, but I wish to point out one thing.

If you think that you are communicating with someone who might be "in the know" about this subject, it might do you well to joke about the movie Ghostbusters and "choosing the form of the destructor".

Or theorize that the great pyramid was a god-making machine.

Or discuss the "Lawrence Livermore Lab incident".

Or mention PEAR.

Or discuss why physicists and letter agency people have at times been very interested in what shaman and similar folks have to say.

Or think about why the "Astr0" thread was so powerful, that it generated physical effects.

It's all the same phenomena.

You'll notice who perks up their ears with this kind of talk, if you know any interesting people.. even some of the past AMA guests have "perked up their ears".

There is a reason. The cookie crumb trail is not that hard to follow; even Wikipedia gets it somewhat right.

Project Condign

Now there are multiple takeaways from this short article. But the one i wish to point out, is that there is an acknowledged phenomenon which at least at times, is psychoactive, and hooked into the human nervous system.

You note how the mentioned "buoyant plasma" (a "natural phenomena") is said to appear as Black Triangle UFOs?

Doesn't that strike you as a very bizarre thing to claim for a 'natural phenomena'?

Reading between the lines, one might wonder if some of this "buoyant plasma" was not being heavily influenced by the particular shape and form of a "BTUFO" for some reason.

You see how the authors of that wikipedia entry are claiming that governments are attempting to weaponize the "buoyant plasmas" which often appear as BTUFO?

Seems to be a lot of interest in this "natural phenomena".

But this little post is not intended to solve the worlds UFOlogy problem.

It's intended to make one observation.

Whomever controls the dialogue about UFOs, "controls the form of the destructor".

Whomever "controls the form of the destructor" thinks they can control the world, or perhaps just "save the world" or at best keep the world misdirected.. misdirected to keep seeing things in the sky that are more like the "Stay Puft Marshmallow man", while they figure out how to weaponize the Phenomena.

This is why "disclosure" is meaningless in and of itself.

Various groups are trying to control the dialogue. Some religious (the Catholic Church). Some spiritual (various summoners I know who work for esoteric groups). And yes, the "government" in it's extended form.

Anyone who can propose how to do this, and who brings some of their own money and fame to the table,
would be well received.

It's as I said 2 years ago. The contents of the little red wagon are not that important sometimes.

It's the red wagon that matters. That people are so desperate to control it.

Now, I'm not saying that TD won't be a good thing.. it certainly could be.

But it's the wagon that matters, not the contents; not the person hauling the wagon around.

IMHO.

I'm not taking comments in this thread.

Kev

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

it is my belief that we control our nervous systems and immune system, i believe in the power of positive thinking, i think that if TDL comes out with info that is designed to create fear within mass groups then his aims are insidious and designed to create hysteria amongst the weak, i believe that a group consciousness thinking along the same lines can make anything happen, for example Rhianna song Umberella which isnt that great a song ended up spending many weeks at number 1 in the uk, which coincided with an unusualy wet summer. coincedence or LOA? (law of attraction)
www.thesun.co.uk...

looking at how there could well be some sort of entity controlling us in certain ways, unconsciously. interdimensionaly or whatever i think that could possibly be the case, but i also think it could be the constant subliminal messages that we cant see or guard against that can infiltrate our thinking so we do or think of things that make us feel bad or do bad etc.

Kev i think you may find this interesting if you dont already know of it.
www.collective-evolution.com...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

(And TD's material may end up right where you are, Kev. My impression is he's laying it out with all the assumptions and mistakes that the military made while trying to get a handle on the whole thing. )

Peace,
AB

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

"they found a life form in a crash and there have been multiple crashes that have been investigated and cleaned up via an organization/project that is bigger than Apollo or the Manhattan were".

Interesting, but suffers from exactly the same reasons of incredulity that are often levelled at those who claim the Apollo landings were either heavily censored, or the film and photographic record outright faked...towit, how can an organisation SO large and structured, involving literally 1000's of people in on this, ever be covered up for so long without at least some of the participants giving in to conscience and coming clean with the information, presumably with proof to back up their claims?

As large or bigger than Apollo or Manhattan would have to involve 10's or even 100's of thousands involved in the conspiracy. That's a LOT of potentially loose lips, even with compartmentalisation.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

yes but there has been a lot of unexplained deaths relating to whistleblowers on this subject, that would be enough to shut me up thats for sure.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Im not a fan of the condign report.

I think its "buoyant plasma makes people hallucinate triangles or anything, often from remote distances" hypothesis a bit of an over reach.

Close proximity to EM fields causing random hallucinations and perhaps specific emotional reactions makes sense. Like if you were to hit somepne with a pep or similar. But it would seem to me that a specific hallucination across the board with all witnesses of say a black triangle is going too far with the hypothesis.

Im not against the idea of a lot of ufo sightings are actual hallucinations. Some are mis identified natural phenomenon, others actual vehicles made with no help what so ever from aliens.

As for the military wanting to weaponize plasma. Uh, yeah. They've been looking into that since long before the condign report.

Its not like plasma is a non linear optical medium capable of establishing something akin to Bragg condition grating. Bet that kinda plasma research bloomed into many a weapon systems.

As for nuts n bolts ufos. I find its interesting that once you understand how the drive system works you can note the progression and evolution of the technology over the years reflected in the descriptions, photos and footage thats out there. They are much safer now.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Excellent point. When I heard TDL make the statement that thought came to my mind as well and left me, shall we say, confused about this part...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I'm responding to you, not the thread 😄
You have something of a peacemaker type of personality, which I do find charming. More of that sort of thing wouldn't hurt on ATS as so many people *cough* get passionate.

Kev

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Thanks.

Time will tell i suppose. As i say though, it's a very interesting topic that's fascinated me since i was a young boy.

edit on 10 5 2016 by MysterX because: 'S'

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The BTUFO part of the Condign report goes off the tracks---agreed. But its the biggest smoking gun ever. Its definitely worth discussing at some point.
edit on 10-5-2016 by KellyPrettyBear because: Dang autocorrect!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I agree AboveBoard does have a nice disposition.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It's been done before, historically speaking:

A 1945 Life article estimated that before the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings "probably no more than a few dozen men in the entire country knew the full meaning of the Manhattan Project, and perhaps only a thousand others even were aware that work on atoms was involved." The magazine wrote that the more than 100,000 others employed with the project "worked like moles in the dark". Warned that disclosing the project's secrets was punishable by 10 years in prison or a $10,000 ($131,000 today[1]) fine, they saw enormous quantities of raw materials enter factories with nothing coming out, and monitored "dials and switches while behind thick concrete walls mysterious reactions took place" without knowing the purpose of their jobs.

The Manhattan Project Wiki

Thank you, guys, for the kind words.

To the Mystery...
edit on 10-5-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join