It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like GOP establishment will run Mitt Romney as Independent candidate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
The reasons that Romney didn't win in 2012 have not gone away. I found this interesting article on the "missing 4 million voters". Some Highlights:

"But the bigger question remains – why did Mitt Romney receive less votes than both George W. Bush and John McCain? Surely many of these voters can be chalked up to younger voters, libertarians and Hispanic voters, as we’ve already discussed in previous segments. But the absent voter bloc that has gone largely unnoticed is evangelical Christians."

"A lot of factors went wrong for Mr. Romney. And this is really key. Early on, there was much speculation about whether evangelicals would support Mr. Romney. Number one, Romney was a Mormon which is viewed as a cult within the Christian community. Second, Mr. Romney was the first governor to sign gay marriage into law. Third, Mr. Romney was avidly pro-abortion earlier in the decade and in the decade before that."

"The thing to remember about religious voters is that unlike any other voting segment, they believe that history has already been written and they understand that even when someone terrible is elected, it is God’s will. This is a mindset that allows many people to sit out an election in a way that a union member or NRA supporter never could. They put their faith in God and that relieves them of certain responsibilities that other voters feel."

www.redstate.com...

Sal

a reply to: UnBreakable

Exactly.
Trump = Armageddon.
Armageddon = Free Beer (with Jesus)

edit on 7-5-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Ahhhh hahaha

And the millions of people brought into the GOP will laugh hysterically at them as they fail miserably.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hmm was not Romney the jerk who said he would never get 40% of the vote so he does not care about that 40%?

That resulted in about 80% of the 60% he "cared" about not Giving a Flying Fart in the Wind if he was Elected.

Of all the Brain Dead things the "Established Politicians" can do this is it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

But I thought that Romney was really, really, Conservative? Didn't he tell everyone that so very earnestly?

Yes... yes, I believe he did.

In fact, if I remember correctly, he said he was "severely" conservative!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't think Romney will do it. I bet Romney was only trying to secure a spot in Conservative establishment, whatever that turns out to be.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
As an independent, Rom..who? Thought he quit? You can't quit in the middle of a race and then expect to win by appealing to more sensitive judges. Haha. What a moron. At this point in the presidential election, I'd vote for that one antichrist fella I've heard so much about over any of these brainless, emotionless, antihuman scumbags. With exception of maybe, just maybe one of them. Haha.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: UnBreakable

I think that the neo-cons, of which Kristol is a mouthpiece, see a Trump presidency as an unmitigated disaster and likely to be only a one term affair. This 'independent' party is an attempt to set the ground work for another conservative party come 2020

The Republican strategy at this point is to rebrand and take Congress in 2022. The Democrat strategy is probably to get a Republican in the WH in 2020, then run a congressional mandate against them in 2022. With the way they've fractured, the Republicans are out permanently if they lose the race to redistrict. That's not for awhile though, 2016 is pretty much just filler it's a throw away election for both sides.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join