It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever feel like you're just waisting your time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Meh just a quick thread.

I am feeling thoroughly pissed off at myself today.

For those of you who care to know why give me a moment to explain.

I feel like i have wasted a entire week of my life, just gone!

I had over a week off work, was supposed to go away for a weeks holiday but my other half couldnt get the time off. At first i was like "awsome, a whole week to myself to do what i want" and although i have done stuff, caught up with family, sorted out my house and spent hours cooking, even finished a few books and so on I still cannot help but feel like i have waisted most of my time. I think a big part of this is because for the whole week I have put off going to the gym, doing some important work related stuff and i have been very lazy, i got up at 1pm today, couldn't be bothered to shower so i havn't (3rd day) and then figured well am being lazy to day so why bother doing anything.

I just feel like i have wasted my time off.

I have one more day off.

Now dear ATS, I have a couple of questions.

How many of you also feel you fall into a bit of a lazy rut when your off work and what do you do about it.

And secondly, tomorrow is my last day off work, how would you guys spend it if you where me?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Personally I hate having to work for a living, and by that I mean I hate working under someone else.

So for me, if I had one last day off I would spend it outside since it's nice out and I would give thanks to the ultimate boss by enjoying nature.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Yeah, I feel bad too. I work alot, and during my days off I promised myself I would run some experiments, write a paper, or write a thought-provoking thread... But I just got bored with it all. Not enough time, and the few time I had left I preferred to spend it watching Doctor Who.

I found no remedy for the feeling. But if I were with you right now I would propose stargazing. Mercury is about to transit the Sun, and there's shooting stars for the next days.

Maybe a good, dark lagger is required.

edit on 7-5-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Ohhhh thats a good one.

Been thinkin about this myself so far this is what av got,

get up early (ish) get myself to the gym then spend the rest of the morning tidy up doing some of those little jobs i was supposed to do but never did, then get myself off into the town go for a coffee sit outside do some people watching finish another book then back home to make something nice for dinner and then get ready for work the next day.

Again though any improvements on this are most welcome!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
God, yeah I've not worked for years and wasted some time, but I try not to beat myself up about it. I've learnt a lot over those years
edit on 7-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Nice thread!

Sometimes even at work I have a lazy day.

When I am off work, not much I do get lazy and do not go where I wanted. I end up sitting on the beach and getting sun burnt.

You last day off is Sunday, for me I would go cliff jumping.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Sometimes I feel that life is so short, that I must extract the most out of it. So I feel guilty of wasting time for everything I cannot achieve, I know it's silly...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne I always find it difficult to live every day like your last. I've tried, but life gets in the way

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Sometimes I feel that life is so short, that I must extract the most out of it. So I feel guilty of wasting time for everything I cannot achieve, I know it's silly...

Playing hookie from work. The wife told me too. She has a pool party she is throwing and she is invested into its success. That means I must take a day off work to supprt her. It also means less income for both of us. She has a different set of priorities than I do, which is good thing. Its all about finding balance in life and with you life partner. When you do, you also find peace and bliss. So here I am sitting by the pool drinking beer and reclaiming my bliss.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i have done stuff, caught up with family, sorted out my house and spent hours cooking, even finished a few books and so on

^^^ Is that really a waste?? These are what people dream of doing when they're stuck at work.

Tomorrow? Spend it with your 'other half' and relax. By the sound of it, she owes you one for all the cooking and cleaning you've done

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Do one constructive thing and you will be more motivated to do another.

I always find the prospect of studying a subject i dislike, or lifting weights to be a pain. Once i start however I usually have to force myself to stop.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Uh yeah. Ive had the entire week off.

Got the basic chores I wanted to get done off my list the first few days. Go to the park to work out once a day for an hour or so. But so far haven't gotten out much and have been a homebody.

Im beginning to get cabin fever and feel like a looser staying in all day and night.

I think ive watched everything of interest on tv or the internet. Im on a restrictive budget. Cant eat out of boredom because im on a diet. Friends are acting flakey all week.

So I feel you. Feel like im not best using my time either.

What I miss most about having time off is the lack of socialization with others all day like I would if I were at work.

Thinking maybe I should get a project like do a painting or something. But the fact im not out n about with people is whats bugging me. So painting by my self and not being able to share with anyone isnt very satisfying.

So far the most exciting thing ive done all week is go to the supermarket and talk to the regulars there.

Im bored.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

YES I often feel the same. Being a teacher I have good holidays but have to put aside at least half of whatever time I have off for planning and marking. Unfortunately I tend to faff about for the first half of the holiday doing jobs around the house or simply procrastinating rather than making the most of my time off. Then it's a mad panic to ensure I'm prepared for school. I always feel like I haven't made the most of the holiday.

Every holiday I promise myself (and my wife) that I will do it differently and do school work at the start of the holiday but I never do. I wish I could split my time equally or even be more efficient by doing both but my brain doesn't seem to work that way.

Oh well maybe next time!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Did you enjoy the week,were you content,quietly happy?

If yes it was not wasted.A moment/hour/day etc enjoyed-is never wasted.Well thats how i see it

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I always feel I've wasted my time and days and life whenever I go to work and endure.

When I'm off... I go out and about looking for a new job.

Since its your last day off... you should ponder the mysteries of thingamajig and/or whatchamacallit. That may help ease the pain.

new topics

top topics

join