It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Rendlesham forest...conflicting information

page: 1

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:38 PM
One of the most highly publisized UFO cases, and like area 51, way overdone on various TV shows and elsewhere. Destination America has a new UFO show, and of course they went over what we've all heard before. But something struck me, in some accounts of the incident, it's said that there was an object with symbols on it, and one of the 2 men actually took notes and touched the object, and was blown back. In this account and some others, they don't mention it at all, and even say one of the men didn't even see the lights or whatever it was the othe r guy saw.

So...has this whole incident been altered so much over the retelling that the facts have changed? Was there an object with symbols on it, and was it touched? Or is this part totally fictional?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:54 PM
a reply to: vlawde

I recall the story from long ago, and I remember the craft being touched and the officer being expelled backwards while simultaneously having a huge binary code downloaded into his memory complex...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM

Yes , as with Roswell it has grown over the years , ignore what Jim Penniston says it's fiction.

I think it likely that a number of factors were in play on those nights but Aliens weren't part of the equation.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:10 PM
Does Penniston have any reason to lie, or has he unconsciously embellished the story as he retold it over the years?

edit on 7-5-2016 by vlawde because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:23 PM

That's a question only Jim Penniston could answer with certainty but I think that as the Rendlesham story grew, thanks to the internet, the incentive to increase his roll in the story must also have grown.

His binary code invention blows anything he has to say about the incident out of the water in my view , it makes him an unreliable witness.

edit on 7-5-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:39 PM

Rendlesham is way more complicated than just Jim Penniston and his ever expanding tale.

But basically the bloke's story doesn't add up. He's probably lying. Some believe he's been drugged and hypnotized others think he's doing it for other reasons.

His initial witness statement says he never got closer to the object than 50m. That's about it.

In the 1990s he still hadn't got close to the craft but notice 'symbols' on it as it took off. By 2000 he'd found (a conveniently loose leaf filofax type) old notebook with they symbols and notes about the encounter. A decade later he 'remembered' touching the craft and receiving a binary code download that mysteriously could be translated into ASCII (i.e English).

None of the two witnesses standing within a few feet of him can corroborate anything but seeing lights in the distance.

We already have a number of threads on Rendlesham and if you want to read about Penniston and the rest of the story then start here.
edit on 7/5/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:08 PM

I recall this story being inconsistent repeatedly. Meaning doctored testimony replacing already-doctored testimony, so the odds of the truth actually being disclosed are awfully slim.
I definitely remember one of the men talking about the symbols on the craft, and the lights, and touching it

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM

The alleged events took place over three nights and the people involved had different experiences at different times during the course of these events.

TV people are notorious for exaggeration and sensationalisation so they aren't the most reliable of sources.
There have been various additional parts of the story which should be treated with extreme caution because they came to light some considerable time after the fact.

On top of all that, those involved have all claimed to have felt strange effects from being close to the object, such as time slowing down and weightiness in the limbs. They also said they were confused about some exact details themselves.

Larry Warren and Peter Robbins wrote a book about one viewpoint of the events called Left at East Gate which is worth reading.
Another book by Penniston, Burroughs and Nick Pope is called Encounter in Rendlesham Forest which gives another viewpoint.
The discrepancies between the stories have been the subject of debate for quite some time.
Look in the UFO forum (probably page1) for A Christmas story... and see if you too can let it be?
edit on 7-5-2016 by Tulpa because: durrr
I type too slow. Mirage Man beat me to it.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Tulpa because: too slow

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:18 PM
Ahh. Rendlesham.

Aren't there 1,786,428 threads on ATS about it already?

The OS, the conflicts, the this and that??

Guess there just isn't much going on in the UFO/Aliens world as of late.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:27 PM
Thanks for the info and links. I made a new thread because on most forums you get yelled at for necro-posting. Roswell has the same problems as Rendlesham, so many radically different accounts of what happened, I'm tempted to throw up my hands and assume both incidents are just fabrications...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:44 PM
I have heard various versions as well. In the quick and dirty versions, they always leave out the alien symbols and the guy receiving all the images in his mind.
In the more articulately detailed versions the explain what i just outlined there.

new topics

top topics