It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You think the Donald will be Tough Enough ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Check out the race for the Philippines President.. Rodrigo Duterte has vowed to eradicate all of the criminals and he looks like winning that Race..
Maybe Mr T needs to up his Nastiness ??

Philippine presidential favourite Duterte vows to 'butcher' criminals Duterte, who has hypnotised millions of voters with his promises to eradicate crime and corruption, repeatedly warned tens of thousands of fans in Manila on Saturday night that there would be mass killings under his presidency.

MANILA: Philippine presidential favourite Rodrigo Duterte vowed to forget human rights if he wins Monday's election and "butcher" criminals, in a typically savage tirade to end an explosive campaign. Duterte, who has hypnotised millions of voters with his promises to eradicate crime and corruption, repeatedly warned tens of thousands of fans in Manila on Saturday (May 7) night that there would be mass killings under his presidency. "Forget the laws on human rights," said Duterte, as he boasted of killing criminals during his more than two decades as mayor of the southern city of Davao. "If I make it to the presidential palace, I will do just what I did as mayor. You drug pushers, hold-up men and do-nothings, you better go out. Because as the mayor, I'd kill you."

www.channelnewsasia.com...

Final campaign rallies are being held in the Philippines' capital Manila ahead of Monday's election. The current presidential frontrunner is outspoken 71-year-old mayor Rodrigo "Digong" Duterte. But current president Benigno Aquino is leading attempts to bring together other candidates to defeat him. The campaign has been marred by violence. On Saturday a mayoral candidate was murdered in the south. A gunman stormed the home of Armando Ceballos, standing as an independent in the town of Lantapan, and shot him dead, police said. It brings to 15 the number of people killed during the campaign. Correspondents say the Philippines has a long tradition of political violence and dozens are killed during each election campaign.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 7 5 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Moved a word..

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Um no... That is scary that someone is running on a platform like that.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Huh?
If the Don were any tougher, he'd rust.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

forcibly removing 11 million illegals from their homes and families they've established here, implies mass killings, how could you not expect these people to fight back, This is America everyone is armed? So that's why I ask what does it look like on the ground? Trump has not said mass killings but it is implied ..

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

forcibly removing 11 million illegals from their homes and families they've established here, implies mass killings, how could you not expect these people to fight back, This is America everyone is armed? So that's why I ask what does it look like on the ground? Trump has not said mass killings but it is implied ..

You'll have to back that statement of 'implied' with the full quote and context.

Frankly, it looks to be nothing more nor less that hyperbole. He certainly hasn't said anything about forcibly removing 11 million illegals from their homes. Althought that tough talk of Trump, in general, will allow some compromise other than the insanity of "open borders".....

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Listen I'm no open borders fan.. Yes trump has talked about deporting all illegals, I don't need the specific quote to investigate it, my question is, once again, what does it look like on the ground? If it looks like forcibly removing people from their established homes, well that's at the very least is unrest..

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to say he is implying mass killings; but wholeheartedly agree about civil unrest at the very least. Also, all 11 million have a right to a trial, so good luck with that.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

If you don't think he has said anything about removing 11 million people from their homes then you have not been paying attention to what he has been saying.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is the Philippines where they actually crucify someone every Easter.

You only think it sounds extreme. It is a different world with a different level of intensity over there.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I really don't see the logic in your thought process. We've already tried amnesty under Reagan and all that's gotten us was a massive increase of illegals. It is either illegal or it's not.

Of course, there's one way to stop illegal immigration. Just keep going the way were are. There will be no high paying jobs to come to. Just another third world-like mess.

They'll stop coming...perhaps even start sneaking into China....

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
if u still think a vote makes a difference...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Reagan compromised. He did a classic liberal compromise. Amnesty today in return for border control tomorrow.

Obviously, we see how well that worked. We got the amnesty today all right, but the border control component never materialized. "Tomorrow" never comes in a liberal compromise.

That's why I am tired of compromise.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Philippines is a tough place. Lot's of crime.

Lot's of poverty. So much so that $500usd a month is enough to take care of families, even schools, by domestic helpers here in HK.

Anyway, not a great comparison. No one is sneaking into the philippines for a better life.

Criminals might try to hide there, tho.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Reagan compromised. He did a classic liberal compromise. Amnesty today in return for border control tomorrow.

Obviously, we see how well that worked. We got the amnesty today all right, but the border control component never materialized. "Tomorrow" never comes in a liberal compromise.

That's why I am tired of compromise.

LOL Why does it have to be Liberal Compromise? Why not conservative compromise?

And as I've said in other threads...in any other walk of life from Military to business to church to family to education, you must make compromises, in fact it's the only way to get anything done and no one ever makes a fuss about compromises, only when it comes to politics is compromise a bad word.

It's amazing to me that compromise is a bad word in politics. Why is that? It's like POlitics operates in a make believe land where normal thinking and actions that work in reality don't work there.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

All right then, the conservative compromise in which we listen to the liberals cry like babies and then give them what they want right away to shut them up in return for the promise they will give us what we want later. Then they turn around and stab us in the back and never go through with their promise?

Better?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
the cray talk was phase 1

now that he has a bonded electorate emotionally attached to him, he has to go after the moderate independents, and stop the cra cra talk

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

This is the Philippines where they actually crucify someone every Easter.

You only think it sounds extreme. It is a different world with a different level of intensity over there.

Definitely does not look like a polychromed wooden statue (no certainty involving any death/resurrection of the Jesus re-construction volunteer). Those folks know how to throw a real Easter Parade.
edit on 7-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

No, they actually do it and it is apparently considered an honor to be the one chosen. It sort of puts our live nativities to shame in terms of zealousness. I'm not sure whether to be horrified or in awe.

But it does underscore the truth that Christianity looks very different in other parts of the world. Western Christianity is much different than Asian or African or South American versions of the faith.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

No, they actually do it and it is apparently considered an honor to be the one chosen. It sort of puts our live nativities to shame in terms of zealousness. I'm not sure whether to be horrified or in awe.
But it does underscore the truth that Christianity looks very different in other parts of the world. Western Christianity is much different than Asian or African or South American versions of the faith.

Of course it is. No horror here. Certain cultures duplicate the action as part of a ritual. I would disagree in that modern Catholics everywhere do this every time communion takes place is no less morbid; the consuming by wine/blood/wafer represents the host/body of Christ. Ritual strengthens belief in the believer and also remains a powerful overlay to feed or reinforce the Catholic dogmatic traditions. Some countries take the crucifixion to a zenith level, are they blood thirsty or just very resolved in re-enacting "The Passion". Its a distinct/unique cultural interpretation in order to insert themselves into that circumstance and FEEL IT on an individual personal level.
edit on 7-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It's the same impulse that drives people to stick skewers through their faces.

This is some kind of Chinese vegetarian festival.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join