It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female genital mutilation.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance here, but after the Vagina is stitched up so tight how do they give birth.?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Oh it's ripped open and then sewn up again. Pleasant huh?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Forgive my shocked ignorance, but you had no idea your wife might do this to your OWN DAUGHTER?

Oh, you were out of town. Understandable.

Also, Wtf is "circumcision" of a girl?

Savages.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It is still a minority of Muslims who practice this. It seems like it occurs more in Africa, but I could be wrong.

I think the Hadith was created after Mohammed dies. The only one I liked was the Gabriel Hadith but I only read a portion.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
funny that you brought this up today after my thread yesterday on this church in kansas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

in both cases, the girl is only for male pleasure and babies. nothing more. it both angers me and saddens me.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

your ideas about male circumcision are antiquated.

The equivalent of male circumcision in the ways females are mutilated, would mean removing the entire glans penis, leaving only a small opening to urinate and pass sperm for the purpose of procreation.

The skin covering the glans penis is just skin. That is all. There is nothing about it that contributes to a man's sexual pleasure. This is why upon intercourse, it is naturally moved out of the way.

You really should study this before you come on here preaching your misinformation to everyone on this board.
Buy a medical book. God.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

your ideas about male circumcision are antiquated.

The equivalent of male circumcision in the ways females are mutilated, would mean removing the entire glans penis, leaving only a small opening to urinate and pass sperm for the purpose of procreation.

The skin covering the glans penis is just skin. That is all. There is nothing about it that contributes to a man's sexual pleasure. This is why upon intercourse, it is naturally moved out of the way.

You really should study this before you come on here preaching your misinformation to everyone on this board.

Buy a medical book. God.

The skin covering the glans penis is just skin. That is all.

Hey, Angie, Angiedoll, where do you suppose pleasure comes from?
Here, let me help:
Nerve endings.
And where do these nerve endings reside?
In the skin, in the skin!

There is nothing about it that contributes to a man's sexual pleasure.

And you know this how?

Speaking of misinformation...let us suppose that this useless flap of nerve endings does contribute to my pleasure?
What's your prognosis, doctor?
Oh, I know! Let's remove it.

This is why upon intercourse, it is naturally moved out of the way.

Oh you poor poor thing...

You really should study this...

Thank you for the good counsel. You will be thrilled to learn that I have done just that,
long and hard.

To summarize, Angiedoll, in your world, it's 'natural' to mutilate the penis, since the nerves, the skin, move naturally?
Well, by the same token one might justify FGM.

How thoroughly modern...please, dear God, buy a clue before you come to my penis,
or any penis, gushing, I mean, preaching, disinformation, won't you?

God.

# 637

edit on 7-5-2016 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Cheers

No idea how you can end a post like this with Cheers, but hey...

FGM is near the top of the list for most horrible things you can do to another human being.

This is a Muslim tradition, that leaves me "COLD"...

A majority of their traditions and cultural norms confuse the hell out of me, so I can relate on that...

Get an education, its not a muslim thing, some african tribes of christian faith still practice genital mutilation.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
For the clueless males on this board.

This will be my last word on this.

The male anatomy showing the location of the glans penis.
In male human anatomy, the glans penis (or simply glans, /ɡlænz/)[1] is the sensitive bulbous structure at the distal end of the penis. The glans is anatomically homologous to the clitoral glans of the human female.

Typically, the glans is completely or partially covered by the foreskin, except in men who have been circumcised. The foreskin can generally be retracted over and past the glans, and may automatically retract during an erection.

The glans is more commonly known as the "head" or the "tip" of the penis. The medical name comes from the Latin words glans ('acorn') and penis ('of the penis') – the Latin genitive of this word has the same form as the nominative.

en.wikipedia.org...enis

In case you don't understand it, I will explain it once more from a biological perspective. The glans penis is the 'head' of the penis which contains all the nerve endings that pleasures one during coitus. It is covered at birth by a

foreskin, called a foreskin, because it is skin. It is merely a covering for the glans penis.

In human anatomy, the testicles in the male are like ovaries in the female.
Glans penis in the male like clitoris in the female. They are the sexual pleasure centers. The labia (female) and foreskin (male) are both coverings of skin, as well as the clitoris can have a 'hood' over it, which can be removed during female circumcision, exposing the clitoris, which is very sensitive, and the exposure can cause pain to the female. The exposure of the glans penis in the male by removing the foreskin, does not cause the male pain, but rather, creates more sensation.

Sometimes, in particularly barbaric assaults against the female, the clitoris itself is removed, which would be the equivalent of removing the head of the penis. NOT THE JUST THE SKIN.

Those are the equivalents.

If you have trouble understanding this, please refer to a medical or anatomy book, as your insults have become offensive, considering you don't even understand the most basic male anatomy.

I'm done. I've been as patient as possible, and it's not my job to education you on your own body.

edit on 5/7/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm done. I've been as patient as possible, and it's not my job to education you on your own body.

a reply to: angeldoll

That's right, it isn't. You couldn't if you tried. You can't even get the thought of it correct, so stay away
from knives, s'il vous plait. And stay away from me. How can you justify this, while condemning FGM? You cannot.
So, you are done here.

Additionally, you are disseminating a barbaric cult ritual, passed off as medical science.
But that's ancient historical fact. Archaic.

The world is now yours. You are no longer constrained to wandering the desert. But don't press your luck.

# 638

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Jews have been Mutilating MALE genitalia for thousands of years..Comments?

Wow. Literally the first comment "But... but... What about the mens!!???"

Male circumcision is wrong too, but that isn't what this was about. Start your own thread.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

As you wish. Have fun with the all the orgasms you have coming from your foreskin. haha.
I'm really not coming back to this thread, because actually our comments really are off-topic, and for another thing, I'm actually embarrested for you.

Have a nice day!

Angelina
edit on 5/7/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

As you wish. Have fun with the all the orgasms you have coming from your foreskin. haha.
I'm really not coming back to this thread, because actually our comments really are off-topic, and for another thing, I'm actually embarrested for you.

I don't even know what you're trying to say.
By extrapolation, I could deduce that you only quiver
right at the clit?

Is that it?

I think I understand your problem.
You have my sympathy. But not my flesh.

a reply to: angeldoll

# 639

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think we all agree that female circumcision is unacceptable.
Though I share the view that it is hypocritical to condemn this practice while supporting the practice of systematic male circumcision in the US. (oh and angeldoll, you are rude, offensive, and apparently unaware that a clitoris, as well as a penis, are made out of...skin.)

I am actively against the practice of circumcision for both sexes. If you want to argue that it is ultimately worse to circumsize a female, fine.... but if that means to you it is okay to do it to males, I will speak up.

The arguments about hygiene are only applicable in the US, where there is no teaching or open communication on male genital hygiene. In an american hospital, nurses or midwives will tell new mothers to make sure to clean their daughters genitals carefully, always wiping from front to back, and making sure no fecal matter stays within the labia...
Heck, they usually don't need to, because little girls are taught this early, and we talk about it easily!
For boys? Nothing. Nada. At most I heard one doctor tell another woman not to clean the penis because it can irritate it.

Came to France (in Europe it is not done, except for religious reasons, by muslims and jews) and the nurses were surprised I didn't know how to care for my baby's penis! I already had one son, born in the US, who I refused to circumsize - and yes, he did get an infection once. They had to teach me what everyone else here knows - how to do the slow and progressive unrolling of the skin, and careful cleaning under the foreskin each day.
Result - second son never had an infection.

(and to return to the rude comments about the skin being out of the way during sex, apparently you have no idea what you are talking about. My husband is not circumsized, and though the glans is exposed during sex, the foreskin is very much part of the friction and part of his stimulation. He is also quite clean, because cleaning himself is as automatic for him as it is for us women to clean ourselves each day)
edit on 7-5-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I don't think it's wrong. The health benefits are well documented. That aside...
My concern is this thread is about bringing awareness to an issue facing women and men get on trying to make it about circumcision. Why can't women just be the focus here?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What can we do to help educate and maybe change the views of these women?

It is so intimate a subject that the only approach to some cultures would be through health care workers. Even innocent missionaries could be viewed as interfering. It's not something these women would want to address with anyone.
Certainly an all out campaign would not be good even if it initially sounds so.

This is another delicate issue within the larger issue of our understanding the Islamic culture and working to knit together a world where we exist together with respect. I do know that this happens outside Islam and the same ideas apply. How to educate while respecting cultural views.
edit on 572016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
All genital mutilation without consent should be banned.

Many people born intersex have gross genital mutilation done at birth and many times the doctors get it wrong.
en.wikipedia.org...
stop.genitalmutilation.org...
www.medicaldaily.com...
intersexroadshow.blogspot.com...

In 95% if these cases there is no danger in not doing any surgery till the child is old enough to understand and give informed consent for there treatment.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I had a hard time getting my boys to floss their teeth. Lol.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Addressing ONLY the topic of this thread:

Did your wife go through this "procedure"? If she did, didn't it at least dawn on you that she would do this to your little girl? Unless I was as brainwashed as anyone who had actually gone through this and thought it was right and had it done to me...I'm afraid I would have developed quite a hatred for my mother. And the term " cold" wouldn't begin to describe what I felt for/towards my EX-wife. I feel so badly for your daughter...and any little girl brutalized like that. Any reconstructive surgery in her future, or would that even help?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'd LOVE to give some insight into how relatively meh the labia really is to women, but I don't know if I'd be pushing the T & C there. Let's just say myself and damn near every woman I've ever met in my life would not miss the skin if it were removed. The labia, in all honesty, is just there & doesn't do much for us women. Hyper-sensitive women maybe, but I haven't met too many who say really it gives them any pleasure.

The head of the penis is akin to the clitoris in terms of sensitivity (not foreskin, not labia) THAT is where your nerves are most densely clustered in a much more significant & important manner. Take away either part, and sex ain't very pleasurable anymore. If we're arguing over which is more important/useful for sex to be pleasurable, there you have it. The clitoris & head are much more important than the labia & foreskin.

Should the foreskin and/or labia be removed? Assuming a clean, sterile, safe environment is available for such a procedure, leave that up to the parents. Obviously, the clitoris & head shouldn't be, if you actually expect decent sex with feeling to it.
Ultimately, you can't stamp out a long-time, entrenched regional/cultural practice overnight. The logical steps to getting it reduced first, then eliminated from practice is to first encourage sanitary procedures in medical facilities rather than a crude, painful, torturous event in some villager's abode with contaminated, dirty and/or rusted materials. Then you work on the psychology & education aspects.

And for what it's worth, labial removal is a BIG thing in certain body modification circles. Genital modification has it's really weird WTFs (bifurcated penises...now THAT'S WTF) but labial removal's not too icky. I've seen some after images of very well done removals. If done competently, it's not awful. It's not hideous. To me, from a female perspective, it's actually appealing to a degree (the cost, however, is not...expensive deal there) Google is your friend in this case, I'm not linking anything.
edit on 5/7/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join