It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female genital mutilation.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
From my understanding Male circumcision does not affect pleasure, in Females, it often ruins the sexual pleasure. In some cultures females are to give not receive pleasure.

Barbaric.

Actually, from a documentary I watched some time ago, female circumcision is a must if young girls expect to be married for the purpose is to render her unable to have pleasure from sex and/or natural sexual urges which, they believe, will prevent her from seeking sex with another male thus making her desirable as a potential wife. And the mother or grandmother performs the surgery, some times with piece of broken glass, or whatever else they can find in poverty stricken tribes.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Everyone agree that it needs to stop, there is very little argument for it in anywhere but the most backward countries. Everyone here would agree with you.

However, why is there such hypocrisy over this in the US, where male genital mutilation is considered acceptable?

It doesn't matter how you look at this, the science proves that this barbaric practice offers absolutely no benefits to anyone, it's a sickening and disgusting abuse of children that needs to stop.

The fact that you have politicians like Hillary preaching about FGM around the world while she COMPLETELY IGNORES the same barbarism being performed on males in her own f-ing country makes me so damn angry.

Any adult who allows this to be done to their child is an abuser, no debating about it, no discussion about religion needed, no ignorant opinions about what's "better" aesthetically will ever be considered acceptable. If you are a parent and you allow a part of your son or daughter to be hacked off for no reason you are a sickening Human, an abuser, and you deserve nothing but disdain.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I know the difference. Both are hideous. If you want to say one is worse that is possible.

In the sprit of equality I am against all genital mutilation.

I also think you don't take seriously the violent practice of male circumcision because it is common. It is changing the natural form of a human being against its will. It lessens the amount of pleasure felt during sex later in life. It makes the first experience of the baby boy a violent assault on his genitals. "Welcome to the world, let me snip your penis."

And it is far more common than female circumcisiom which is performed by another adult female who had it done to her.

So maybe the women should stop cutting each other for the sake of tradition if they want it to stop.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
Male circumcision is hardly the same, a flap of excess skin taken

This is common propaganda by the pro-mutilation lobby - and yes there is one, led primarily by one rabid nut case who goes around writing the same article over and over again, using entirely flawed "research" entirely discredited by the medical community.

That "flap of excess skin" has hundreds of thousands of specialized nerve endings within it, which are all instantly removed. That flap of skin also prevents callouses from forming and prevents deadening of the most sensitive areas. That flap of skin also provides important lubrication during intercourse.

Contrary to what is commonly claimed, there are health benefits to male circumcision.

This is like claiming that there are health benefits to cutting off a kids fingers - it means they might not smoke when they're older.

There are cases where circumcision might be necessary, but 99% of the cases of circumcision in the US are NOTHING TO DO with health, and everything to do with ignorance and a bizarre desire to make a child conform to an already distorted body image imposed by the parents.

It's literally no different to a tattooed parent demanding their toddler be inked.

Unless there is a clear and unavoidable risk to the child no part of the anatomy should be hacked off. It's utterly disgusting to me that any parent believes they have the right to physically alter their child in such a way - it's abuse, plain and simple.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
From my understanding Male circumcision does not affect pleasure

Then you would be wrong.
There are thousands of men who have restored and can say first-hand that it absolutely does affect pleasure. They used procedures over time to restore the damage done and while it can't totally rectify the loss of sensation they eventually experience far more pleasure with their restored member than they did without that supposedly "useless" flap of skin.

It's scientific fact that this skin contains thousands of nerve endings which produce sensation, so claiming that it doesn't reduce sensation to hack those nerve endings off is clearly bullsh*t.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Links and sources?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Soloprotocol

Contrary to what is commonly claimed, there are health benefits to male circumcision.

Uncircumcised here mate and you could eat your dinner off it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I thought we were not supposed to judge other cultures.

That's PC bullmanure.

They hide their women under dark veils and mutilate their genitals so that they will not enjoy sex. Prepping their women for slavery. Then if those extreme steps do not work to keep their women in line from straying, they stone them to death.

The Femnazis are cowards and won't go after Muslim practices so it becomes PC to turn a blind eye.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

You make a point, however it does involve other people because when it goes wrong or when in labour, this barbaric procedure has to be dealt with and paid for - usually by everyone whether muslim or not. I think that is yhet another reason for judgement here. It makes my skin crawl. I did understand that male circumcision was also for hygienic purposes although hopefully most wash these days.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Its not a normal everyday Muslim tradition. Millions of them disagree and do not perform this abhorrent practice.

That needs clarification. It a practice in some sects of Muslim religion, and not in even a majority of it. Not even 20%.

Its only 1 of a small % of a smaller percent that practice it. I know this to be the case as I associate in my job with hundreds of traditional dress Muslim women who do not have this done to them.

A terrible, horrible and evil, ancient practice still performed sadly to a tiny %

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

There you go. This article supports your view with links to research studies although I have not checked them for validity.

Benefits include reduced childhood urinary tract infections, which are common, painful and often cause permanent kidney damage. Male circumcision also provides some protection against many common, as well as not so common, sexually transmitted infections, including the epidemic of cancer-causing types of human papillomavirus and genital herpes, genital ulcer disease and HIV, among others.

Circumcision also helps protect against penile candidiasis (thrush), inflammatory skin conditions and inferior penile hygiene. It can help those with physical problems, such as a tight foreskin that interferes with passing urine, and an inability to return the foreskin after it is retracted. It virtually eliminates the risk of penile cancer that occurs in one in 1,000 uncircumcised males over their lifetime. And there may also be some reduction in the risk of prostate cancer.

Women with circumcised male partners are protected to varying degrees against cancer-causing human papillomavirus infection, genital herpes, bacterial vaginosis (Gardneralla), and cervical cancer. Although the RACP’s policy statement claims otherwise, complications of infant male circumcision are uncommon and virtually all minor and easily treated.

The RACP policy statement claims that “the foreskin has a functional role” and “is a primary sensory part of the penis”. However, extensive high quality research, including randomised controlled trials, show no adverse effect on sexual function, sensitivity, sensation or satisfaction.

Male circumcision policy ignores research showing benefits

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

They don't make it so the male doesn't have any sexual pleasure. The mutilation of these woman involves removal of the clitoris and outer labia . The vagina is sewn to a tiny hole. Sometimes so small it interrupts menstrual flow causing extreme toxicity. This is to keep her chaste until marriage when it is then a much harder entry then simply flowering a maiden. The woman gets no sexual pleasure. She is not allowed to. This of course keeps her faithful to her husband .
Yes this practice needs to stop. These women accept it as religious practice and actually consider it an act of purification.

The culture that advocates this is so deeply set in their ways and are spiritually bound to the practice .
Progress has been made but it's a terribly slow process.

Don't compare it to circumcision. It's much much more. Much much worse if you're inclined to think circumcision is mutilation.
It's a common practice in the US for all men not just Jewish.
edit on 572016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: angeldoll

There you go. This article supports your view with links to research studies although I have not checked them for validity.

And yet all across Europe, where circumcision is not a common practice, there is absolutely no increase in any of the conditions you mention in comparison to the USA.

In fact, instances of STD's are HIGHER in the US than in Europe, which makes one wonder why so many Americans are focusing on continuing a needless brutal act on infants when they can't even get the proper sexual education and treatment out to people to prevent far more damaging infections:

STD Comparison

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Don't compare it to circumcision. It's much much more. Much much worse if you're inclined to think circumcision is mutilation.
It's a common practice in the US for all men not just Jewish.

So you think that because something isn't "as bad" it's okay to continue it?
Would you therefore say that rape should be okay because it's not as bad as murder?

FGM and Circumcision are both genital mutilation, they are both disgusting barbaric practices which need to be outlawed around the world. While it's true that women suffer far more than men, there is absolutely no excuse for suggesting that one is "okay" because it's not as bad as the other.

Whichever way someone wants to spin it, this is all still child abuse, the mutilation of another person against their will.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

There are organizations working hard to do just that. Add your voice and your dollars to ending this.
God I get teary every time I think of this. So angry.

www.globalgiving.org...

www.w4.org...

plan-international.org...

Please help.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
GENTLEMEN PLEASE STOP

Circumcision is ear piercing in comparison.

I thank the OP for starting this very important thread about women.
Guys it's not about you this time. Be mature and deal with this subject or go talk sports and politics in another thread. Or start a tread about the pros and cons of circumcision.
I'm not trying to be mean but the issues are world's and world's apart.

If you want an insight imagine having sex where you never hear your girl go. Oh god oh god yes hmmmm mmmmm.
Not good is it?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Education is key.
These women need to know the healthy alternatives like leaving things as they were made.
They need to be shown the health benefits because this is so strongly tied to religion and is culturally deep seated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join