It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is going to trial this year in Trump U fraud case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

A federal judge in San Diego set the stage on Friday for what could be one of the strangest presidential transitions in history: He ordered that Donald Trump must go to trial starting Nov. 28 in a civil case in which he is accused of defrauding students who attended Trump University.

“No doubt this will be a challenge … we’re in unchartered waters,” said Daniel Petrocelli, Trump’s lead lawyer in the case, when asked later how his client — if elected in November — would be able to balance preparing to take over the presidency with taking the witness stand in a trial that could run almost until the eve of the following January’s inauguration.
Trump is going to trial this year in Trump U fraud case

And then there were two major candidates left...

One's going to trial for sure later this year...the other seems to be getting closer and closer to indictment.

Hillary Clinton will be able to use the Trump U fraud case to her advantage. I can see the debates now...

Clinton: How can you question my record considering the Trump U fraud case?

Trump: How can you question my record considering your on-going email scandal?

In the minds of the general population, those things will cancel out. I think Trump just lost any such advantage he had there.
edit on 7-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trump's case is easy for him to resolve. He will do as he has done in the past, settle it out of court, pay people some money and make sure the details are sealed...so we will never know much about it.

That is what he's done with at least one of his divorces and other cases in which he was sued.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is just one of Trumps businesses.

I doubt very much he will be taking the stand.

He does not run the University. He has a whole University with staff to take care of that.

What a load of cobblers.

P

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
President of the United States. Best we can come up with to represent the values and strengths of our country.

I'm moving.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Trump's case is easy for him to resolve. He will do as he has done in the past, settle it out of court, pay people some money and make sure the details are sealed...so we will never know much about it.

That is what he's done with at least one of his divorces and other cases in which he was sued.

The problem with that is, he's going to be under scrutiny concerning everything that he does and says. A lot of people look at settling out of court as being as equal to admitting guilt.

Look at what happened to Kobe Bryant when he was accused of rape. He settled out of court and to this day a good percentage of the public considers that to be equal to admitting guilt.

It didn't matter when Trump was just an ordinary businessman. Now you're saying that he can just settle out of court when he's in the middle of a presidential campaign? Everything that he says and does will be picked apart, it's already happening.

Settling out of court makes him look worse to the average person in this case than going to trial IMHO.

originally posted by: SaturnFX
President of the United States. Best we can come up with to represent the values and strengths of our country.

I'm moving.

These are just the people with enough royal blood who wanted to run and were able to gain enough popularity. It has nothing whatsoever to do with being the "best."

Does Bernie Sanders have enough royal blood to be POTUS?
edit on 7-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

If settling out of court and sealing court documents really mattered, Trump would have been taken to task for his past "indiscretions" and he would not be the GOP nominee.

Nobody cares. Just as nobody cares about Kobe.

Both still have their fanboys, regardless of what they may have done.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If settling out of court and sealing court documents really mattered, Trump would have been taken to task for his past "indiscretions" and he would not be the GOP nominee.

Nobody cares. Just as nobody cares about Kobe.

Both still have their fanboys, regardless of what they may have done.

The following stories were all published in the last year. I could give you more but the following is enough to prove my point. Remember, Kobe Bryant is not a politician. He has never run for president. You playing the role of devil's advocate here is helping me to see how bad this situation is for Trump.

Remember When Kobe Bryant Was Charged With Rape? I Didn't Forget, and Neither Should You

Sexual assault allegations cast shadow over Kobe Bryant legacy

The Legacy Of The Kobe Bryant Rape Case

Lakers pick almost puked when Kobe Bryant found ‘rapist’ tweet

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

He has a history of simply buying his way out of these lawsuits and sealing the records. Why should we expect any different in this case?

Kobe's situation is irrelevant.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ok, Trump being sued by a bunch of losers who didn't learn anything compared to the FBI investigating possible espionage and national security breaches, public corruption, etc.

I see where people can get confused.

Trumps case has a court date, hillary's doesn't.

edit on 5 7 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Trump university? What kind of school is it? I'm assuming it's not a barber school.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Ok, Trump being sued by a bunch of losers who didn't learn anything compared to the FBI investigating possible espionage and national security breaches.

I see where people can get confused.

Trumps case has a court date, hillary's doesn't.

Apparently Trump's potential fraud made it easier to begin court proceedings than Hillary's case.

Why aren't we talking about Trump being a criminal, considering he is being taken to court, yet Hillary is not and she is the devil incarnate?

The political bias is exposing itself.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Trump and Clinton do represent your country. Unfortunately, the people being included in that representation is an optional extra that has not been selected.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Why is it that Bernie Sanders is the only candidate NOT undergoing an investigation by police or the fed?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
And just when I thought the anti-Trump threads had died off. Not one of the best , but interesting nonetheless .

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

I'm moving.

Bye then.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is a civil case, not a criminal case.

People in this country are litigious - they sue over anything.

When people have money, they tend to get sued more than other people.

This is nothing.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This is a civil case, not a criminal case.

People in this country are litigious - they sue over anything.

When people have money, they tend to get sued more than other people.

This is nothing.

It's nothing because you like Trump. If this was Hillary, many people like you would be leading the mob...pitchforks in hand.

Hypocrisy.
edit on 7-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Trump is not under investigation.

This is a CIVIL case. People sue each other all the time. It does not mean that anything criminal was done.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hillary is under investigation by the FBI for SERIOUS criminal actions.

This OP is regarding a "civil" case.
People just want money back because they were not satisfied with the results of what they paid for. It remains to be seen if there is a finding that they actually deserve their money back.
But regardless, this is a CIVIL case regarding money.

To compare the two situations is absurd.
edit on 5/7/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Jesus, Blue. I didn't compare the two cases. I was pointing out the hypocrisy in how people approach certain situations based on political bias.

My apologies if that went over your head. That's become a common theme nowadays.

Edit:

Also, Trump's case is a class-action lawsuit. Which means this is not just some pissed-off kid that wants his money back. It's multiple people that believe they were scammed.
edit on 7-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join