It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Animal Recipes: From Alligator To Woodchuck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
www.shtfpreparedness.com...

You have to click on the link below the intro to call up the recipes.
There's a lot of fish recipes.
There's some bear recipes.
Also . . . moose, ostrich, crawfish, pheasant, quail, rabbit, shellfish, and, of course, alligator and woodchuck.
There's not a lot of prose, it seems to me. Just the recipes.

Here's a short one with the bear category:

Bear should be prepared properly or your first meal will undoubtedly be your last. These recipes are proven and come from a friend who is an old timer. For eating purposes we choose a fall kill rather than a spring as the spring bear is quite often parasitic from it's long winter nap. When roasting you should always cook on rack about 2 inches above bottom of pan as bear is quite greasy. Always place about one inch of water in bottom of pan. A most important feature is the marinade, so here goes.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

My father hunts he is the best cook in the world (he made me snails yummy he found in garden) then (this I don't like I don't eat red meat but rabbit, pigeon, deer)

Deer in cranberry sauce

One of the most typical meat in South Tyrol, in addition to beef and pork is certainly that of the deer. Here's how to prepare a great dish.

www.south-tirol.com...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Obtain

THANKS. Would that be Italy?

Sounds like quite a father. Congrats.

I love meat and cranberries.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The father part is questionable (Eastern European)

You cook ? Actually I think I am an amazing cook

My favourite recipe chicken (it's meant to be pork) apple, cremberry, rosmerry, cream, white whine with mash potatoes

Then I catch my own crabs and make Angel hair pasta with cream, saffron, cherry tomatoes
edit on 7-5-2016 by Obtain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Somebody really should get the proper export and selling permits- to sell nuisance and farmed alligator skulls outside the US,

-This person would be the only one, good market.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Obtain

Sounds delicious.

Do you cater? LOL.

I bet you have plenty of eager diners around your table.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

Probably so.

I'd think there are a slew of them in Florida that the citizens would enjoy doing without . . . along with a ton of pythons.

Sigh.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Shoot a rabbit, skin and remove pellets.

Recipe:

"Bugs Bunny with Porky Pig aye!"

1 skinned Rabbit.
250 grams of Bacon rashers.
1/4 cup of seasoned flour.
Dab of vegetable oil - 2 teaspoons
Dab of olive oil - 2 teaspoons
1 cup of beer
1/2 cup of water

Place rabbit in water and a small amount of salt. Enough to cover the rabbit carcass. Leave for 30 minutes then take rabbit out and dry on a rack or simply hang it out.

While this is happening get a hand full of breadcrumbs, put the dab of butter and the dab of olive oil, beer and water in a pan. Cut a small amount of thyme and parsley, grind the peel of a lemon, a small amout of pepper and a small amount of curry powder, a pinch of hot peppers and a pinch of garlic slt. Mix all in the pan thoroughly until you can see consistancy throughout.

Grab bugs, and stuff his inner with the above mixture. Then put some oil in the pan, place the rodent in he oiled pan.

Bend bugs until his front legs touch his rear legs. String them to hold bugs in this shape. Cover bugs carefully all over with the flour The put a blanket of porky pig bacon rashers to completely cover the rabbit. (personally I like to wipe BBQ sauce across porky pig.)

Place in oven at 180 degrees for 1 hour or until brown .

In the meantime work out what you want to serve with this dish. I like roast potatoes, carrots and mint peas. These can be cooked while bugs and porky pig in the oven.

My regards,

Bally

edit on 7-5-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sounds delicious.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience with such!

Congrats.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Awesome. Being in Florida I frequently eat alligator at local BBQ joints often. However I never buy the uncooked meat as I never really sure how to prepare a good dish. I know frying is the way to go, so I will check out these. The rabbit sounds good too! Rabbits are on my list for backyard protein to raise. two rabbits turn to twenty really fast, under six months usually if you got it good.

top topics

join