It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Given the opportunity to view Earth from the ISS or space...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
...What would you want to take away from the experience?

Would you want to finally know with definitive (first hand) proof that the earth was round? Would you want to finally realize just how connected and dependent we are on each other in regard to taking care of the Earth? Would you want to gain a sense of just how disconnected we might be in a universe that could possibly be teeming with other life?

What would you want to take away and gain from an experience only very few of us alive today will ever know?

For me, I'd want to realize just how close we are to one another regardless of an ever increasing sense of isolation that people are feeling on a seemingly huge earth.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
The beauty of it all.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think I'd enjoy soaking in the truly awesome beauty of it all.

And to reflect on the infinity of God's creativity and His inherently beautiful nature.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

I want to see the blue marble, it's just peace and calm. Mother nature's raw form. No BS human waste or wars or famine... just admire the planet. Not its top of the food chain parasites.

Oh and see the UFO's all flying around and laughing at us.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Honestly, I'd just want to enjoy the view. Though it'd be pretty fun if I also had access to a really powerful telescope too. Then I'd probably pretend I was an Angel or an alien that was observing the planet and its various lifeforms lol.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I'd want to see the Sun , Moon and stars without looking at them through our atmosphere , I'd also like to see our atmosphere from the vantage point above it and vastness of space while sitting in my tin can.

I'd also like to see any Alien spaceships that may be buzzing around.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I would rather see just how small it all makes me realise I am.......

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
...What would you want to take away from the experience?

Ummm...Pics...to prove to the skeptic that it happened...

YouSir

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Mainly to awe my spiritual self, but also for the excitement and thrill ride. And, of course for my creative side, to take pics because I am an avid amateur photographer. I wonder if the price of a ride will come down to an affordable level within my life?
edit on 7-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
A selfie.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Now why would I want to have an opportunity to gaze in a replica craft stored in some warehouse on Earth?

Just kidding. I'm not one of those.

The experience would be amazing, the over view effect. Such an experience would bring so much joy and fulfill me.. I've dreamed of space and reaching the stars since I was a child.

I always wondered what the difference would be to view put of a telescope beyond the earth atmosphere and curvature.

I wonder if they have quality telescopes mounted in the space craft.

I envy those astronauts!

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
And Another Thing....
It Would Be Nice To See There's Surely Nowhere Else To Go.

top topics

join