It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Plastic Container You Microwave In Could Be Super-Toxic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Olivia B Waxman 4 May2016

TIME

time.com...

. . .
The two components in plastics that experts are most concerned about are phthalates and bisphenol-A (BPA), which are often referred to as endocrine disruptors because of their ability to affect estrogen and testosterone levels in humans. They also appear to have the potential to impact the development of the brain and reproductive organs in developing fetuses.
Exposure to phthalates, which make plastic flexible (and also turn up in perfume—see Is Perfume Bad for Me? for more on that), has been associated with reduced sperm quality in men and shorter distances between the anus and the scrotum in male fetuses. A shorter anogenital area is considered “a marker for future reproductive and fertility issues,” says Dr. Sheela Sathyanarayana, associate professor at the University of Washington.
. . .
And it’s not just some plastic containers; it’s most. An analysis of 455 common plastic products, including supposedly BPA-free ones, found that 70% tested positive for estrogenic activity; that number went up to 95% when the plastics were microwaved.
. . .

Added note: Recycling codes on the bottom: Avoid Code 3 or 7.

This is plenty sobering.
I'm usually pretty good about not zapping in plastic but I think I'm going to be even more vigilant and strict after reading this.
Using plastic wrap to cover when zapping also is hazardous. A paper towel is much safer.
It sounds like if one is pregnant and/or has young children--one needs to be extremely strict about this stuff--EXTREMELY STRICT.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Using a Microwave at all is Dangerous. Plastic in micro's is just stupid as it releases dangerous chemicals.

Russia i believe banned them long ago.

Thanks for the post

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Would you be willing to elaborate on the use of microwaves at all, please?

I know one of my friends agrees with you strongly.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I won't go into this too much, but i have a bit of information for you here:

www.safespaceprotection.com...

Microwaved foods lose nutrition. The Swiss scientist Hans Hertel, was the first to study microwave dangers, specifically, how cooking degrades and depletes food of nutrients—an effect that shows up in study participants' blood samples.

Microwaves are radio waves with frequencies ranging from around 300 million cycles per second (300 MHz) to 3 GHz. RF. A standard measure of exposure for microwave energy is the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) or rate of tissue energy absorption measured in watts per kilogram of tissue.

Microwave radiation leakage can damage human cells and tissues. All appliances working on electricity produce a toxic electromagnetic field (EMF) of approximately 60 hertz.

This is over and above potential microwave leakage from appliances or devices. Microwave ovens can leak Microwave leakage is serious enough that the FDA sets strict limits on it for the manufacturers. But once door seals age, leaking tends to exceed those limits, often at head level.

That’s bad news, because the microwave energy inside a microwave oven is massive! Frequency inside your microwave 2.45 BILLION hertz. Frequency shown to start harming the human body: over 10 hertz That’s 2.45 billion vs. 10 hertz. It doesn’t take very big leak for the damage to begin. (One top culprit: aging door seals)

The facts about microwaves & cataracts.

Eyes are especially vulnerable to microwaves. That’s because unlike other areas of the body, they lack the blood vessels to dissipate the heat and cellular stress. The first suspected clinical case of microwave-caused cataracts was reported by Hirsch and Parker as early as 1950's. (Sulman 1980). For decades, cataracts have been reported in workers exposed to this type of radiation. (On the back of the lens where radiation cataracts usually occur.)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I bitterly seldom use a micro.I was aware to not use plastic in it though,i heat things on a regular plate.Usually cheese+ garlic rolls,they're quick.If my hubby didn't want a micro i certainly wouldn't have asked him for one but he bought us one anyway.Bit of a waste of money but they're not super-expensive so i guess it's ok.Just gets used very seldom.I've never liked them much at all.I defrost meat in the sink in water.And i would never cook a meal in a micro.Strictly for quickly heating something up once in a while.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Thanks for your meaty reply.

I'd probably better get mine checked. Particularly after the pacemaker.

I only use it for quick warming up.

And, I've been using my Chinese bamboo steamer more often.

Sigh.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Thanks. Sounds wise.

I wasn't aware of the eye thing. Sobering.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I got around that, i bought a Toaster Oven, works fantastic for grilled cheese sandwiches amongst other foods, it also saves money on stove use.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

We use our toaster oven all the time.In my country we call it a sandwich press

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

oh thats funny and interesting thanks, a sandwich press/maker here in is only for making grilled sandwiches.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I agree with you.

I think the microwave was what ultimately killed my mother.

I won't use them.
edit on 2016/5/6 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hmmmmm . . . given my respect for you . . . I'll have to ponder that perspective and stance a little harder, it seems.

Thanks.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
When I have to place something over a dish in the micro, like spaghetti sauce, I grab a coffee filter to cover it instead of a paper towel. Paper towel seems to have a lot more chemicals

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Haven't used a microwave in almost 20 years. Not too much trouble to take an extra couple of minutes to heat up some grub in a pan. Comes out better too!! Only good use for one is cleaning sponges.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

And FlyingFox

Good points and ideas.

THX THX.

Will have to re-evaluate my even limited use of such.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I somehow question the authenticity of your claim, surely you jest??

So is it bad to defrost our meats in the microwave?? i always tell shorty to just drop it to the fridge the night before and it will defrost fine. I did stop using plastic containers in the microwave though as over the last couple of years I have read frequent studies and releases warning of the dangers of microwave use on plastic containers.

I also tear apart microwaves for fun in my scrap salvage endeavors.

The metal device with the tin can is everyone's microwave EVER. That thing has two nice round magnets that i use all over the house though. I still have a pile I have not dealt with outside right now.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

If ever you find yourself using 5min epoxy glue, be informed that this is pure liquid bisphenol-A (BPA) dripping on your finger when you mix the stuff...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Here is a report on the Russian research.

I was talking to a director of a food company once who had privately tested microwaving and he also told me that microwaves destroy the nutrition, combine that with the toxicity reported in the studies and you might want to replace your microwave with a slow cooker,
If you want the maximum nutrition from your food you will only cook it to a maximum of 40c
heating anything above that temperature will destroy the enzymes which help in digesting the food through your stomach.

IMO the Russians were a very reliable source due to the communism effect they did not do it out of well being for there citizens they did it to maximise efficiency from them.

www.aaimedicine.com...

RUSSIANS BAN MICROWAVE OVENS
After the World War II, the Russians also experimented with microwave ovens. From 1957 up to recently, their research has been carried out mainly at the Institute of Radio Technology at Klinsk, Byelorussia. According to US researcher William Kopp, who gathered much of the results of Russian and German research - and was apparently prosecuted for doing so (J. Nat. Sci, 1998; 1:42-3) - the following effects were observed by Russian forensic teams:
• Heating prepared meats in a microwave sufficiently for human consumption created:
◦ d- Nitrosodiethanolamine (a well-known cancer-causing agent)
◦ Destabilization of active protein biomolecular compounds
◦ Creation of a binding effect to radioactivity in the atmosphere
◦ Creation of cancer-causing agents within protein- hydrosylate compounds in milk and cereal grains;
• Microwave emissions also caused alteration in the catabolic (breakdown) behavior of glucoside - and galactoside - elements within frozen fruits when thawed in this way;
• Microwaves altered catabolic behavior of plant-alkaloids when raw, cooked or frozen vegetables were exposed for even very short periods;
• Cancer-causing free radicals were formed within certain trace-mineral molecular formations in plant substances, especially in raw root vegetables;
• Ingestion of micro-waved foods caused a higher percentage of cancerous cells in blood;
• Due to chemical alterations within food substances, malfunctions occurred in the lymphatic system, causing degeneration of the immune system=s capacity to protect itself against cancerous growth;
• The unstable catabolism of micro-waved foods altered their elemental food substances, leading to disorders in the digestive system;
• Those ingesting micro-waved foods showed a statistically higher incidence of stomach and intestinal cancers, plus a general degeneration of peripheral cellular tissues with a gradual breakdown of digestive and excretory system function;
• Microwave exposure caused significant decreases in the nutritional value of all foods studied, particularly:
◦ A decrease in the bioavailability of B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, essential minerals and lipotrophics
◦ Destruction of the nutritional value of nucleoproteins in meats
◦ Lowering of the metabolic activity of alkaloids, glucosides, galactosides and nitrilosides (all basic plant substances in fruits and vegetables)
◦ Marked acceleration of structural disintegration in all foods.

As a result microwave ovens were banned in Russia in 1976; the ban was lifted after Perestroika.

Recent research shows that microwave oven-cooked food suffers severe molecular damage. When eaten, it causes abnormal changes in human blood and immune systems. Not surprisingly, the public has been denied details on these significant health dangers.

edit on 22-5-2016 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

If you are into testing stuff try this

Get the copper combine it together in a pipe/rod type of thing stick it in the ground and it creates electricity this is what Tesla said to Edison and the famous Dr Sebi here is some info on the Dr thealkalineway.blogspot.com.au...

join