It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Question about a Trump Party Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Could Trump change to the Independent Ticket at the last minute?
If yes, could he bring on other candidates from both parties to fill the different positions? Would they have to change to independent as well?

If this could happen, where would it leave the republican party?

I'm really only asking this because of the new post about Ron and Rand Paul sniffing around rumors. Ron being a former Independent ticket runner in the past as we all know.

It would surely twist things up a bit one must admit.

Just curious as to if this could even happen, and if so, what could we imagine the ticket would look like then?
edit on 5/6/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Could Trump change to the Independent Ticket at the last minute?
If yes, could he bring on other candidates from both parties to fill the different positions? Would they have to change to independent as well?

If this could happen, where would it leave the republican party?

I'm really only asking this because of the new post about Ron and Rand Paul sniffing around rumors. Ron being a former Independent ticket runner in the past as we all know.

It would surely twist things up a bit one must admit.

Just curious as to if this could even happen, and if so, what could we imagine the ticket would look like then?

If trump changed to independent, it would mean him giving up all the positives from winning the GOP nomination. As a R or D candidate, you have a legit shot, as an independent, you have none. So no chance in hell.

Don't know why you would want him to??

That said I could see him picking rand Paul as his vice..he would go ahead and lock up the majority of the independents and libertarians.

I think Colin Powell would be his best case scenerio, but don't think Colin would do it.

That or he needs a liberal VP.

edit on 6-5-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

This has already sent the GOP into a tail spin..the voters ignored every conservative media source and chose trump anyway.

Just maybe we will get a GOP that drops all the biblical and social laws.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Yeah his only threat of running independent was if the RNC didn't treat him fairly. So he won and doesn't need their treatment so no point in running 3rd party. If Bernie cant beat Hillary then he may want to do just that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox I know right, I think trump is going to be way more cool than people thought, he will just need to wait until he gets elected , he is scared of not getting the conservative vote, I imagine its tough to try and please them and be cool at the same time.lol

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
From what I understand too is that if he were to run independent his name wouldn't be allowed on a few states ballots. Even if the GOP gets mitt romney or paul ryan to run independent I think they would have a problem getting their name on some ballots and voters would have to write their names in.

top topics

join