It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul will endorse Trump; Ron Paul hints at possible Secretary of State?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Rand Paul On Trump: “I’ve Always Said I’ll Endorse The Nominee”

Ron Paul on Twitter: Neocon Panic Attack! What If Ron Paul Becomes Trump's Secretary of State?

Rand Paul, the first candidate to attack Trump during a live debate back in August 2015 and essentially started the avalanche that would wipe out the rest of the field, said on Thursday that he would support Trump as the nominee because the parties focus should be on stopping Hillary Clinton's bid for the White House.

Ron Paul, who previously said that he would never support someone like Trump for the nominee, has been posting a flurry of rather pro-Trump messages on Twitter since last night including a possible nod to Secretary of State under a Trump administration.

Now that the Republican primary election debacle is soon coming to a close, it appears that we are finding out who the friends and foes of the political establishment are and more and more people are beginning to jump aboard the Trump Train.

edit on 6-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Rand Paul would be a plus, if both Rand and Ron are in,
that would make me a Trump supporter right now.

+9 more 
posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oh snap ! that's killer man ! Things are starting to look better and better.

+16 more 
posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Rand absolutely grilled Clinton during the Benghazi inquiry. Having either of the Paul's in a cabinet position in Washington would be amazing for America as a whole.

edit on 6-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I am afraid of all of the candidates. Not personally, just at what will happen to our country.
I believe someone is floating trial balloons in this story.

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Rand absolutely grilled Clinton during the Benghazi inquiry

Yes, and he filibustered over the lack of accountability with Drone strikes, and so
much more. IMO he is the real deal.

having either of the Paul's in a cabinet position in Washington would be amazing for America as a whole.

It would be a show stopper! The Neocon's nightmare!

Go Rand! Go Ron! Go Donald!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I with you on that, so I went and looked at Ron's Twitter feed first.
Its actually there...

Ron Paul ‏@RonPaul May 5

Neocon Panic Attack! What If Ron Paul Becomes Trump's Secretary of State?

Dont know quite what to make of it.

If its true, HOOT!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ron Paul might be a bit old now to be Secretary of State, no? There is a lot of time and effort involved... might be unfair to say it but the man is looking less vigorous than he was a few years ago. Maybe an advisor?

Rand himself would be a better Secretary of State.

+12 more 
posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

i was just telling my boss a few weeks ago that the only way to tell what kind of politician Trump will be is to watch who he surrounds himself with lol so far I've heard Ben Carson and Paul, gotta say i like it so far lol
edit on 6-5-2016 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Rand absolutely grilled Clinton during the Benghazi inquiry. Having either of the Paul's in a cabinet position in Washington would be amazing for America as a whole.

That and Trey Gowdy as AG.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Great news! That's very smart move, Trump knows that many Bernie supporters were Ron Paul supporters few years back and that Ron was the first one who ispired enthusiasm about politics among young people.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
Great news! That's very smart move, Trump knows that many Bernie supporters were Ron Paul supporters few years back and that Ron was the first one who ispired enthusiasm about politics among young people.

Rand Paul as VP would wean away or STEAL Bernie Sanders supporters. Both are Libertarians (Bernie has no chance beating Hillary because the delegate votes have been decided) unless she is indicted, Sanders has no chance of winning. A Trump/Sanders ticket would be very interesting.
edit on 6-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Not that many...
Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders are near polar opposites.
Paul never had the millions of votes that Sanders has.

Don't get me wrong, Secretary of State would be awesome for him. I always thought his foreign policy was spot on, but everything else was...lacking.
Still won't vote for trump or the Snuke.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
TRUMP! WAHOO! TRUMP! WAHOO!..............F$ck it!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Rand Paul as VP would wean away or STEAL Bernie Sanders supporters. Both are Libertarians (Bernie has no chance beating Hillary because the delegate votes have been decided) unless she is indicted, Sanders has no chance of winning. A Trump/Sanders ticket would be very interesting.

Trump/Paul. Interesting idea. It meets Trump's criteria to get a politician. No ethnic angle, but still....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: roaland

i was just telling my boss a few weeks ago that the only way to tell what kind of politician Trump will be is to watch who he surrounds himself with lol so far I've heard Ben Carson and Paul, gotta say i like it so far lol

I'm confused about what's funny about this, the future of our country.

Please explain.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Trump/Paul. Interesting idea. It meets Trump's criteria to get a politician. No ethnic angle, but still....

The better ticket would be the two populists of opposing parties (not really as both are Libertarian in principle) running together. A Trump/Sanders mash up might be the runaway election of the century. Imagine; 60 to 70% of the 'popular vote' then challenges the rigged system of dedicated delegates and the electoral college.
edit on 6-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

i thought it was pretty clear exactly what i meant. I happen to like what I've been hearing so far in the names in my post. I just thought it was funny because my boss was a ted cruz fan but likes both Pauls and Carson alot.
edit on 6-5-2016 by roaland because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well I'm no Trump supporter but that would be too awesome of a trifecta to pass up .

1. NO Hillary getting elected
2. Rand Paul (Most logical of the GOP bunch)
3. Ron Paul

That would give some hope to the 2016 election between : Pimp vs lobbying Hoe

I doubt it will happen but we can hope just don't hold that breath.

If trump pulls that off and makes Rand VP and Ron Paul SoS , he would be a serious threat and possible landslide against the witch. Assuming it aint already pre planed for her ofcourse.

I just don't see it happening though.

edit on 16531America/ChicagoFri, 06 May 2016 20:16:41 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

IMO I think the GOP getting the ethnic groups is not worth pandering too. The odds are too great for the GOP to overcome.

Rand and Ron Paul have a very strong following and I can see where even many Bernie sanders supporters might jump ship to Ron Paul side for being against the establishment and for how she and the DNC have overlooked Sanders from the start.

Ron would also have a good chance of bringing in the libertarians and independents who would normally vote third party or not vote at all.

edit on 22531America/ChicagoFri, 06 May 2016 20:22:31 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join