It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders accuses DNC of tipping convention toward Clinton

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Bernie Sanders is accusing Democratic National Committee chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of trying to tip the party convention in Hillary Clinton's favor, saying the chairwoman has packed the committees with Clinton supporters. In a letter to the chairwoman, Sanders noted that of the 45 names he submitted to Democratic National Convention committees, Wasserman Schultz appointed only three.

"I believe the composition of the standing committees must reflect the relative support that has been received by both campaigns," Sanders wrote in the letter dated May 6. "That was why I was so disappointed to learn that of the over forty people our campaign submitted at your request you chose to select only three of my recommendations for the three standing committees. Moreover, you did not assign even on of the people submitted by our campaign to the very important Rules Committee of the Democratic National Convention."

"It is my hope we can quickly resolve this in a fair way," Sanders wrote. "If the process is set up to produce an unfair, one-sided result, we are prepared to mobilize our delegates to force as many votes as necessary to amend the platform and rules on the floor of the convention."

Sanders fighting back against the DNC machine once again and he needs to because everyone knows Hillary is heavily favored. So will the DNC work with him or continue to work against him?

They'll continue to work against him, I'm sure we all can agree, so what to think of his threat about amending the platform and rules on the floor? What exactly does that mean?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Good topic.

Maybe we should take a closer look at Debbie's Donors.

Although she is running for the House seat and most money would be "local", take a look anyway.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Hmmm

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Bernie making moves!

Maybe he's not a shill after all!

God I love this election cycle.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I wonder if the letter he wrote was in all caps? You know, to show he's angry and means it...

To me, he sounds like he's whining about not getting his fair share... Kinda like his supporters.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We know Debbie is super close to Clinton because she used to work for her. We know Debbie and the DNC are anti grassroots and Bernie is the most successful grassroots campaign there has ever been.

Clinton is playing to lose, not this time, and she will do everything in her power to secure the nomination and that's why I pray to Joe Pesci for her to finally get indicted.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Yet in the end he will endorse her by what it sounds like.

Disappointing

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

He's clearly not a shill. He's doesn't take corporate monies or accept super pacs. Wealthy elitists aren't having him over for a $300,000 a plate dinner. He's one of the poorest members of the Senate so what exactly makes him a shill to you? Is it merely the fact that he's been in politics for a few decades?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Bernie making moves!

Sanders is a shill like every other politician.

Trying to buy voters with 'free' stuff.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

You can read part of the letter in the quoted OP or simply by clicking the link. No caps, just you're imagination.

Funny enough, I'm sure when Trump made a stink about Cruz winning this state or threatening to run 3rd party you didn't think he was whining. But here Sander's continues to get the shaft from the DNC, who btw, Trump also recognizes, and according to you he's whining.

Typical.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Yet in the end he will endorse her by what it sounds like.

Disappointing

Yeah what is that that's what gets me

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

He probably will because that's how the game is played and he want's to work within the House of Cards. Even Rand Paul went against his own father last cycle and supported a loser. Talk about ouch.

But, man, what balls it would take for him to not endorse her. You could say it's stupid not to endorse her, but man, what balls.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: onequestion
Bernie making moves!

inflation...

Sanders is a shill like every other politician.

Trying to buy voters with 'free' stuff.

I've actually come around on the minimum wage issue and realized how anti free market is.

As a baseline a low wage is good but aside from that market forces determine wages and a fifteej dollar an hour wage would end entry level jobs and many many more people would be out of the workforce AND inflation
edit on 5/6/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Way to simplify Sander's ideas and that's the problem with politics, hyperbole like this.

It's not free if you're paying taxes.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

But, man, what balls it would take for him to not endorse her. You could say it's stupid not to endorse her, but man, what balls.

Ask Ron Paul he kept his balls and integrity.

It would be a big disappointment for me if he endorses her and it would prove he was a phony all along playing the game .

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Ask Ron Paul he kept his balls and integrity.
It would be a big disappointment for me if he endorses her and it would prove he was a phony all along playing the game .

If it becomes finally, a Hillary/Bernie Democratic ticket; all questions *ironic* regarding the nature of the liberal and fun loving Universe will be answered.
edit on 6-5-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The "all caps" comment was me attempting to be funny. The man "wrote a letter", to show his dissatisfaction. Really?

He needs to step up and be a damn man. Call her out on live television, call her up in person, call every radio there is and yell from the roof tops. Do SOMETHING to get your voice heard and unite the people behind you. "Writing a letter" does nothing to help him in this situation. Acting like a man and demanding a fair shake would speak volumes... But he went with a "stern letter"...

As for my posting history, you can go see that I've never defended Trump, nor am I a fan. So take your ignorant accusations and shove 'em!

The fact remains, Bernie sounds like a limp wristed whiny fool... IMworthlessO....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I've actually come around on the minimum wage issue and realized how anti free market is.

If employers were not ALREADY paying double time,holiday pay,vacations,workmans comp,unemployment insurance, and half of employees social security, and medicare contributions.

People might have something to snip about.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Way to simplify Sander's ideas and that's the problem with politics, hyperbole like this.

It's not free if you're paying taxes.

That is a GD fact.

Give money to Sanders so he can run, give him your vote so he can bring 'revolution'.

Sanders wants paid for his OPINONS, and people have given both freely.

The text book definition of shill.

But then again there is nothing overly complicated about 'American politics' to begin with.
edit on 6-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yup I'm sure you saw my thread.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join