It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to know about the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day saints?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: reldra

Oh the LDS story is quite... Hmm.

Basically God was once a human, and we humans can one day become Gods ourselves.

What the devil is doing, what jesus did, all of it is a part of a plan that is meant to happen infinite times - As in, once we are Gods, the story continues. We create worlds, we are Gods and create spirits, place them on a world, etc.

It's one of the more interesting takes, in my opinion - I mean the goal isn't some place, it isn't servitude or anything, it's to become a God as well.

As God moulded us into his image... Did he feel an ounce of regret?

Should we attire to the laws of destruction? Even science tells us that order comes from chaos and from all of my observations only chaos can come from order... Consider the human body or a wall, once built (order) it will only decompose over time into bits scattered everywhere (chaos) and from those bits a new order will form. From the dust of stars to the dust of men.

So my question is, if we are aspiring gods should we aspire to be more god-like?

Should we agree with destruction instead of delaying it?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Hmm, that's a bit more philosophical than I was planning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's a thread of mine that gets a little more into that.

Another thread by TheCentristPhilosopher goes into this better than I do

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

First, I'm so happy for your wife to have been able to escape that life. That's really amazing -- and wonderful! I wish you both the brightest of blessings

This may be a little off topic, so feel free to ignore if you don't want it derailing the thread....

My heart breaks for both the girls and the "Lost Boys." But I've heard there's some new hope for these kids via a Reformed FLDS -- or RFLDS -- that has broken off from the FLDS, and has set up base in a nearby town (I'm sorry -- I don't remember the name of it now). One that the FLDS originally intended for their own. There was actually a big lawsuit over the town several years ago, which is where/how I first heard of the FLDS and Colorado City. Anyway, the RFLDS won the lawsuit, and what I've heard is that these RFLDS are helping a lot of the kids in Colorado City break away, and taking them into their own homes as foster children. Some friends of mine had talked about moving up there and joining the cause, but decided they were a little too old for it and to leave it to the younger folk.

Has your wife heard about this? Or is this too good to be true? Is it having a significant impact on the FLDS in Colorado City? (Hopefully negative!) And perhaps across the border in Hildale?

For too long, authorities have been full of excuses and could not/would not do much to stop it, so I'd really like to believe this.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
not really

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

No, this is Jeff's sect which exhibited lots of the traits of a true cult.

Basically, like Westboro is Baptist in name only, they were sort of Mormon in name only. They may have shared a lot of the basic tenets, but they took it to extremes and then they added a cult level leader to the mix.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I've heard of people helping people escape the religion, it's certainly not too good to be true, but doesn't impact as many as you think.

The main thing that's destroying the religion is they aren't allowing reproduction, marriage, or conversion.

But, the good news is plenty of people including my wife are leaving all the time, the cult is getting smaller and reducing in size, and overall less people are under that tyranny.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Hmm, that's a bit more philosophical than I was planning.

It's what it all boils down to in my eyes, the very nature of reality. Apologies.

Cheers for the links, I'll do a bit reading while listening to John Lennon sing let it be

EDIT
Wow I really like that The devil whispers to the warrior... Great thread, it makes me ask fundamental questions I know I already have answers too. As a creation we are deemed to create, most religions deem god as a creator and the ones we are more familiar with say he made us in his image... After screwing up with a smokeless fire but that's a whole different story lol. Philosophically we should aspire to be like God rather than find God's grace. Ultimately we must create sentient life till we create something we deem good and worthy of our image... The damn snake eats itself, again and again.

Enough of my blabbering. And apologies for going off-topic.
edit on 6-5-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ain't religion great? You have to submit your sovereignty to some other person's made up sh$t.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Ain't religion great? You have to submit your sovereignty to some other person's made up sh$t.

Incidentally the lyrics in my signature are from a song called gone sovereign.

Synchronicity I tell ya

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: angus1745
This is a Mormon church for any that don't know.

I would like to know why tickets to the Broadway show 'The Book of Mormon' are so damn expensive? We are dying to see it.

Do you believe all that pish about the guy reading the stuff in the hat etc? Utterly ludicrous sounding, the whole story. Strikes me as one of the more kookier new agey type religious organisations.

The normal Mormon church is fine. I have friends who belong. It is the FLDS and I think there ma be another offshoot that went to crazy land.
they'll become gods....is their idea of how it works.......it gets really worse really frickin quick....decorum prevents me from listing it all at this time....only ones to get to have sex in heaven jesus is not real to them use all their credit to the max and cheat on money at everyturn hold two church services only the first one is for visitors
edit on 7-5-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Boadicea

I've heard of people helping people escape the religion, it's certainly not too good to be true, but doesn't impact as many as you think.

The main thing that's destroying the religion is they aren't allowing reproduction, marriage, or conversion.

But, the good news is plenty of people including my wife are leaving all the time, the cult is getting smaller and reducing in size, and overall less people are under that tyranny.

Thank you -- I'm happy for any progress!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Does your wife suffer psychological trauma?

To be clear, I'm sure if she had to abandon her family, that leaves a wound. But I'm referring more to does she have a hard time not reverting back to what was indoctrinated in her?

You mention you come from an LDS background, but are now agnostic. What about her? Does she hold onto a faith? Did she convert to LDS?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

She is christian with no religion she is a part of or leans towards as far as membership, she still does believe a lot of the teachings as far as certain moral codes and teachings and such but seems to have transitioned really well into not living life as exactly as they taught her to - Once she cut away, she seemed to just become a new person, and tried different things out.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Not really following what you're saying, jesus is not real to them? Sex in heaven? These aren't really concepts taught at all. I mean, reproduction is a spiritual thing as well but you're not bound to know that just from looking at them from the outside.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That's wonderful to hear that she has transitioned well!

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Thank you!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join