It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John; The Light and the darkness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TefarimCanin

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: TefarimCanin
"If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!"
(That is, there is darkness where the light should be)

No, it means the light made the darkness great. Hence the exclamation point, he is excited about this particular aspect of this teaching more so than any other part.

Because that was his mission. To bring light into the world in the form of Wisdom. I think my translation is better.

If you have Wisdom hear.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've already told you, when you were writing as CapstonePendulum, why your posts are not to be taken seriously.
In all your multiple identities, you have shown that you have no understanding of the Bible and no genuine intention of gaining understanding. You are only interested in making up your own religions as you go along and making a joke out of the whole business.

I will not be arguing with you any further.
I will just re-iterate, for the benefit of third parties, the way Jesus is using this metaphor.
"The eye" represents the spiritual understanding, letting spiritual "light" into the mind, like a window.
(In the world of builders and architects, the word "light" means a window)
If the "eye" is sound, if the window is clear, then the spiritual "vision" will be good.
If the "eye" is not sound, or if the "window" is obscured ("the light that is in you is darkness"), then the spiritual vision will be absent.
Simple and straightforward. No need to complicate things.

(post by TefarimCanin removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PanPiper
a reply to: DISRAELI

it really is poorly formated, a couple of us are actually asking you to step up a notch, both on theological studies and not just the exegetic part on the bible..

Id be happy to recommend books so you can get a broader vision, so maybe in the future you and i can have a scientific approach to religion..

I concur. This is a man who can't understand the content of the book he thinks he lives for.

Probably why he needs to many words to say absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 14 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I've already told you, when you were writing as CapstonePendulum, why your posts are not to be taken seriously.
In all your multiple identities, you have shown that you have no understanding of the Bible and no genuine intention of gaining understanding. You are only interested in making up your own religions as you go along and making a joke out of the whole business.

No need to complicate things.

If you want to you can look at every message I have ever sent, which I encourage you to do, and you will have no doubt that I not only understand the bible, but how it relates to other ancient religious traditions and am well versed in interpreting hidden, lost and secret information that a literal interpretation, your one track mind method, can't produce.

You could have the bible memorized and you would have zero idea what it really says. You aren't even good at parables.

Check out the Gospel of Thomas. It will help you a lot.

Gospel of Thomas

And I am sorry if my interpretation is too complicated for you but I don't know how else to explain it other than to say what it means. If it's meaning is complicated to you then you can ask me questions.

But you are saying a falsehood by saying I want to make things up as I go, create my own religion or seek trouble. You don't understand as I understand doesn't = I don't understand it = you don't understand what I am saying because you understand only the literal reading and the events that happened in the stories. You only think esoterically.

But the authors and scribes did not share your thinking and sought to hide many things from you and everyone else. I have spent years compiling knowledge about ancient religious and mythological histories and I can tell you the Bible is a composite of all the religions the authors had knowledge of from India to Egypt, from Babylon and Canaan and Persia.

Characters who existed were given new Hebrew identities the same goes for stories. Now the Israelites were God's chosen people.

That is called plagiarism and racism. That is the Bible. Borrowed compiled mythology intended to make the Hebrews the chosen people. Christianity just borrowed it and wove a new old myth to usurp the claim of Jews to chosen people of God.

And we are still debating today who is God's true chosen people. Jews and Christians both claim it.

Ever read the Talmud?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join