It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of the Shadows: Wicca Grows in Austin and Beyond

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Well considering there are billions of Christians and Muslims, that's easy to prove isn't it?

It's very easy to have all kinds of people if your sample size is billions. How many Wiccans are we working with by comparison?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

here you go

druid ceremony's

if they were not being secret why cant i go and watch the ceremony of a burning owl and "mock" sacrifice.

as far as the darkness goes i let you figure that out, just surveying that path depresses me

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Ridiculous. "Wiccans" are not "Druids."

Just like Baptists are not Episcopalians.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Why are you conflating "Wiccans" with "Druids", exactly?

That's like claiming that "Catholics" are the same as "Pentecostal Snake-Handlers". It's a ridiculous comparison.

Sorry to everyone for posting an ill-mannered thing, you guys. Sometimes my filter battery dies....and then I say things that I normally would not say.

edit on 5/7/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

why are you replying in place of the other people i am talking to. AND DID YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE MY REPLY TO YOU? seems like you did.if you read it you will see

I am talking abouts pagans! not just wiccans, not just druids not just(enter pagan term here) all the pagans. SO STOP making this all about you! your not the center of the universe
edit on 7-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ok. You are right. I apologize.

I'm not the center of the universe, and damn! I wouldn't want to be!

Sorry.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

No, I still don't think you get it. You have the cart before the horse...

ever think maybe the reason pagans were getting burned at the stake, cause people were tired of getting rounded up and sacrificed

I'll let you work out your own philosophy...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

so are you going to reply to all the prof i submitted as to prove you statements wrong, or are you just going pretend that didnt happen?

also i refuted most of the statements you made that would paint me a villain, are you going to acknowledge that?

or are you one of those proud witches that would rather ignore all truth as to perpetuate your own vanity.?
personnelly i think your not really a witch, you just like to play witch as to remove yourself from a society you deem unworthy of such special spirit(you) that has a higher then average IQ.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

no, i believe (the cart) and (the horse) were both invented(referring to cart) and domesticated(referring to horse and other animals) by an intelligent and strong beings, and is offering free rides (refering to the animal charriot mix) to no place(deception) for those beings own benefit(slavery of the ones they are giving rides to)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I think you should relax, man. You can produce all the links you like, but the fact remains that "Wiccans" do not sacrifice other people, or babies, or animals, or whatever.

I don't think you're a villain, either! If I said anything that you interpreted as saying that you are a "villain," I apologize for that also. What is the truth you want to expose, DOC?

I also never said I had a higher-than-average IQ. Never. Because I don't think I do have a higher-than-average IQ. I think I'm pretty average, actually.

As for "playing witch"....well, it was many years ago that I learned about Wicca, and then got my certificate of "Wiccan" recognition. Doesn't mean I do anything with it - just that I studied it.

Same as how I was "baptized" as a baby in the Episcopal church.
It's just a spiritual tradition that I looked into and studied. Like Buddhism. Looked into that also.
I could just as easily say I'm a "Buddhist" as I can say I'm a "Wiccan."

The main point is that "Christians" don't have some sort of monopoly on the validity of any sort or flavor of spirituality or "truth."

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ridiculous. "Wiccans" are not "Druids." Just like Baptists are not Episcopalians.

More so ridiculous when the Bohemian grove is made up of politicians and they play with messed up sacrifices to Moloch.
There are many dark path pagans out there for sure. I just have a problem when someone states that the RC church was infiltrated; failing to notice the pagan origins, or the consolidation of power & wealth of most organized religion themselves.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sorry, but you're starting to ramble, what strong being and what free ride?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I think you should relax, man. You can produce all the links you like

you asked for links did you read them?

What is the truth you want to expose, DOC?

wasnt on a crusade just stated my opinion and then was asked to provide prof by you and others that pagans have blood on their hands as well. so i did

I also never said I had a higher-than-average IQ.

i know i stated that based on observation, i could be wrong

The main point is that "Christians" don't have some sort of monopoly on the validity of any sort or flavor of spirituality or "truth."

agreed only the great spirt does. which no one can prove exists or doesn't exist nor can it proved if he favors one person over another. but mark my words we are not just a bunch spinning monkeys, we are humans lost in world of questions. I hope we find the answers together

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

i made it better to understand as i edited it

you used a metaphor/simile and i spun off that as to make a statment about the world. get it now?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

"Organized Religion" is all a sham. In my opinion.

There is, in my opinion, no "one size fits all" version of the Abrahamic religions. I know people are very amped up to defend Christianity or Islam or Judaism or whatever, in whatever iteration they were taught -- but, in my mind, none of them really deserve reverence or intellectual acceptance. They're just too far-fetched. I do know that many others feel that their version is absolutely correct and true.

It's just that I don't get how they can be so sure.
That's all.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
You're right. What the hell am I thinking? Damn pagans!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Klassified

Well considering there are billions of Christians and Muslims, that's easy to prove isn't it?

It's very easy to have all kinds of people if your sample size is billions. How many Wiccans are we working with by comparison?

You're right too. Thanks for straightening me out. I think it's time for a break from ATS.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Doc, the title of this OP includes the word "Wiccans".... how Wiccans are becoming more noticed (if not more populous) in Austin.
The subject is Wiccans. It's not "pagans" at large, or druids, or santeria, or voodon, or any of those other things. Just Wicca.
And "we guys" here mostly said that we practice solo - which means no coven. I attended a couple of "prayer circle" ceremonies where we raised energy and then released it toward healing a fallen friend, and it was a pretty 'magical' experience.

I've also known of a couple of covens of batsnap crazy people with whom I want nothing to do. I don't trust them - but that's because I've come to know them and they are like high school "mean girls" - very snobbish (with the exception of a couple of them who ran hot and cold - one woman I even did a protective spell on her house and yard, and then she hooked up with the nasty 'priestess' of that crowd and suddenly was "too good for me.") Whatever.

Are you familiar with the "law of three (or seven)"? It is believed that any "harm" a Wiccan does to someone else will come back on them 3-fold (or 7-fold). The idea behind Wicca is to work with the elemental forces to generate positive results. Harmful spells or works intended to thwart another or force another's will are just not done.

Healing, Peace, Calm, and end to Strife - once I did a little 'spell' toward my brother and my dad being able to heal their rift - a sad thing that had been going on for years and years. Other times I've done healing work and energy-play. Of course there will be those who take advantage of what they perceive as "power" to make others feel small, but jerks will be jerks.

Anyway, sorry to have upset you. Not up to me to tell you who is trustworthy - everyone's trust threshold is different.
/shrug

Didn't mean to ignore you - it was just all off-topic. Wiccans are generally kind, unassuming, and private with their 'esoteric' interests - mostly because others don't understand. Your posts are an unfortunately good example of the misconceptions that we try to clear up.

Don't worry, no spell cast on you.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1
a reply to: Rocker2013

here you go

druid ceremony's

if they were not being secret why cant i go and watch the ceremony of a burning owl and "mock" sacrifice.

as far as the darkness goes i let you figure that out, just surveying that path depresses me

Pagans I know like to get together with potluck
dinners drink a Mountain Dew and talk about Game of Thrones.
The bohemian grove type are Druidic billionaires who eat
babies while plotting world domination, a slight nuanced difference.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

agreed only the great spirt does. which no one can prove exists or doesn't exist nor can it proved if he favors one person over another. but mark my words we are not just a bunch spinning monkeys, we are humans lost in world of questions. I hope we find the answers together

I hope so, too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join