It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regular People Doing Extraordinary Things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I wanted to post something positive to hopefully brighten the mood of some folks here on ATS. The world can seem a dark and dreary place sometimes and it is good to know there are people that still try and do good things.

Which is your favorite? (I am a sucker for the donkey on #5)

Hope you enjoy!

edit on 2016/5/6 by Metallicus because: Fixed Picture

edit on 2016/5/6 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ok... I started crying with #3 and the tears kept rolling until the end.

It isn't just the big obvious good deeds that are moving, it's the smaller and more subtle ones too. A simple act of kindness can have a profound effect.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Faith in Humanity restored.
Needed that. Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LamontCranston
Faith in Humanity restored.
Needed that. Thanks.

You're welcome!

I needed it too...been a long week.

Here's to a great weekend!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nice happy thoughts! Thanks for that!

The guy that built the train to take dogs on adventures made me crack up....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Firstly, you owe me £0.07 for wear and tear on my scroll-wheel. It's an expensive mouse and its life expectancy has taken a huge hit thanks to your OP. PayPal is acceptable.

A friend ran the London marathon last month and raised over four grand for charity. She ran in memory of her sister who died young and overcame a serious injury. On top of that, she held back and added a half hour to her finish time to keep her husband going through 'the wall.' She's one of the good people of this planet.

I love some of the images and we'd never know what they had done if someone else hadn't taken the pictures. I mean people across the world are doing miraculous, beautiful and altruistic things every moment of every day. We don't know how to keep score of the good deeds and seem pretty damned good at counting the bad deeds!

That dad's tattoo is awesome in its sentiment and all-out love. The guy helping with a tie and the boy with the wig hair...love it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I did not cry at any of these.

But it seems that my allergies kicked in as soon as I started reading.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Stop making me feel things you jerk!

I'm such a candy ass with stuff like this. F$cking onions.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A great weekend to you as well.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Number 1 was cool.. That guy is a hero..

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Bravo for such an inspiring and heart warming thread! Loved this!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I did not cry at any of these.

But it seems that my allergies kicked in as soon as I started reading.

Yeah me either. I just got something stuck in both my eyes. Some specks of dust or something.

*Grunts a manly grunt* Gunna go grab a beer now... Yeah, grab a beer. Gonna crack one open. With the guys. And uh, go chop some wood, with my large and dangerous looking axe, because "danger" is my middle name, after all... All while watching football and listening to some, I dunno, AC/DC or Johnny Cash or something. You get the idea. I'm a man, for gods sakes. What else in the world would you have me do?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
i must be honest and thought it was going to be a link to something akin to those stoopid Youtube videos with similar names, (yes, I admit to watching a few).

But it isn't - thanks for sharing some great pics - S&F, which make me realise there are some good people out there, and not all in life has to be doom and gloom.

And remember, you can act like one of these people every day, but there may not be someone with a camera to capture it.

Small acts matter as much as big ones.
edit on 6-5-2016 by 1984hasarrived because: typo (it is much too early)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ah man, 24 was awesome...that one got to me.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It worked! Your post brought a big ole smile to my face and made me wish more than anything I could read the back stories for each of them. Thank you ever so much...I REALLY needed something like this to bring back my faith in humanity.

edit on 6-5-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join