It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Nabbed in German Terror Raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
"ULM, Germany — German police stepped up their crackdown on Islamic extremism Wednesday, detaining 22 people during raids of apartments and mosques allegedly used by a network that provided financing and other support to terrorists.

About 700 officers searched dozens of apartments, mosques and call centers in five German states, discovering militant Islamic propaganda and forged passports and visas, authorities said.

The raids capped a long-term investigation of 20 people who allegedly raised money through smuggling and producing false papers to "pursue their ideological goals," said prosecutors in Munich, where authorities coordinated the probe.

The suspects included German citizens and nationals of Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Bulgaria, Bavarian state police investigator Gerhard Zintl said. Their ages ranged from 17 to 46, and five of the suspects were female."

www.foxnews.com...

This is significant in that the Germany authorities are beginning to see what's going on in their own country.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
actually germany has made several terrorist arrests in the past few years, im trying to work out how you are harming muslims in this post (as i know this is one of your only goals on this board) but i cannot see it.... try harder next time thanks.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by P Amaru
im trying to work out how you are harming muslims in this post (as i know this is one of your only goals on this board) but i cannot see it.... try harder next time thanks.

I worry that this topic will change into a private fight, anyway this proves that Germany will not tolerate terrorists on its territory. I will ask - why doesn't the US succeed so much in eliminating the terrorists on its territory?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
[why doesn't the US succeed so much in eliminating the terrorists on its territory?]

It has, you just need to keep an open mind that the United States will protect it's people. Too many people are locked into the conspiracy mentality

www.chron.com...

And there have been tons of arrests inside the U.S. You won't hear about it until weeks or months later because the U.S. government doesn't want to tip off to the rest of the cells that one of their own has been caught.

The U.S. government is fighting terrorism on its on terms, not the terms of the people who spend their whole day reading news articles.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Good to see them cracking down in Germany. I dont know if you know this but Mohamed atta the leader of the 9-11 group was not radicalized in his home country of Egypt but in Hamburg, Germany.

The Hamburg radical Muslim scene made him into a extremist

top topics

join