It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reverse Microwave Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
So, we all know the wonderful properties of microwave technology. Has anyone ever thought of the reverse? It used to take us 20-30 minutes to bake a potato. A microwave does it in 4-8 minutes. Where is the reverse? Where is our reverse microwave? the microwave freezer. can you bring someone into your home and instead of waiting 20-30 minutes for a beer to chill in a freezer, pop it into a microfreezawave and have it crisp and cold 4-8 minutes later? we have one extremity, where is the other? we can surely do the other. any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I've often wondered the same question. I guess it must be easier to add energy to something than it is to take it away. Otherwise, we'd already have what you suggest.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I've often wondered the same question. I guess it must be easier to add energy to something than it is to take it away. Otherwise, we'd already have what you suggest.

You are right on the money. There are two natural states to our univers. They are defined as: Absence of heat, and Absence of light. Everything else is added to it. Adding something to nothing is a very easy thing to do.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well I suppose you could use a peltier cooler if it had a big heatsink on it and enough juice runnig to it. Or make a tiny compressor using freon or ln2 (hehe, well maybe not liquid nitrogen) and have the "fridge" part of the assembly be only big enough for ,say, a 6 or 12 pack and the thermostat set to antarctic.

I dont know of a way to use energy beams to remove heat tho... the peltier is probably the closest to that (in that it uses electricity to "wick" heat from one side of the device to the other).

new topics

top topics

join