It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is It??? (not serious)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Every now and then everyone has a crazy (stoopid) thought, right? Well, I do sometimes anyway.

So this morning I'm half awake and this dumb thought hits me....

Why is it every time I look at my profile on a post it says..."ATS member is online now"? It never says..."ATS member was online 22 minutes ago", or "is offline".

Dang it, why is that??? Well DUH!

I might as well have contemplated why every time I look in the mirror, I'm there! I guess if I looked in the mirror and I wasn't there...then I should be worried, right? (so is it me looking back at me, or the mirror looking back at me...that is the question).

Anyway...have a great day, ATS!

That is all.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Have you thought about a little more sleep? It may help.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The right amount of caffeine before logging in is crucial...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have actually been on and my profile will say Member was on ATS 5 minutes ago and I'm like...

Sometimes it's wonky.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You sound a bit sleep deprived. After my first child was born, I was so tired I shaved one leg two times. Completely ignored the other one. 12 years later and my husband still makes fun of me for it. Our minds start getting a little wonky with no sleep.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Heh, heh...so I'm sitting there pondering that deep thought and I suddenly realized the "stoopid bulb" had just illuminated itself to about the same brightness as the Sun!

I looked over, and one of the dogs was squinting from the glare. My first thought was....poor dog, and then...COFFEE!!!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
You sound a bit sleep deprived. After my first child was born, I was so tired I shaved one leg two times. Completely ignored the other one. 12 years later and my husband still makes fun of me for it. Our minds start getting a little wonky with no sleep.

Did you walk in a circle all day???

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I have actually been on and my profile will say Member was on ATS 5 minutes ago and I'm like...

Sometimes it's wonky.

Ah, I knew moderators were 'special', but I didn't realize they were time travelers too!

Impressive!

How are your shape shifting skills?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Pretty much. Nothing but nursing babies and walking the floors with them in the first few weeks. I know sleep deprivation. I've been so tired that I put the phone in the fridge and cried because I could hear it ringing but couldn't find it. I've sent one child to school with his pants on backwards. I once, much to my husband's amusement, pick up the meowing cat at my feet and turned her on her back and tried to nurse her.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kentuckymama

Dayum! I've been tired before, but I never put the cat on backwards, sent the frig to school or tried to nurse anything let alone the phone!!

edit...BTW, the circles reference was intended to infer that one leg shaven and the other not might make one leg to move at a different rate than the other and cause one to walk in circles.
edit on 5/6/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
You don't look often enough.
My profile frequently says I was online five or six minutes ago; it's one of the peculiar quirks of the site. Especially just after posting something.
Make a point of looking at the top post on "Recent Posts". There is a reasonable possibility that the post which appeared ten seconds ago was put up by somebody who allegedly left ATS "five minutes ago".
And if you are in the middle of a hot debate, and the other member suddenly goes "five minutes ago" on you, it does not necessarily mean that he has given up. It may just mean that he's typing away in the edit box preparing a blistering reply.

edit on 6-5-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Dr. Peter Venkman: Egon, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole through your head. Remember that?
Dr. Egon Spengler: That would have worked if you hadn't stopped me.
- Ghostbusters

I think we've all had those moments when we have that "brilliant" thought and then realize how silly it just was a moment later.
edit on 6-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I guess I haven't had enough coffee. I actually had to read your post a few times over to see what you were saying because it didn't make sense.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

For you:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thank you. That sums it up very well.

new topics

top topics

join