It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Threatens to ‘Smash’ Woman’s Computer Over Trump Sticker

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

No problem, Man

for the record, heh, i'm soooo far from snowflake land it's hillarious
edit on 5/6/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am pretty sure though that my kids understand respect for fellow humans. I'd be devastated if my boys acted that way towards a girl. I really would, I think they are far better than that.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: yuppa
For everyone defending this man let me point out something. your rights end where they infringe on anothers rights. SO yeah he has the right to make a threat but in doing so opens himself up for retaliation when said potential victim defends their right to expression.

I agree. She could have posted online too BUT she decided to make it physical. Why is that hard for people to understand? Oh right. Partisan crap.
didn't he push her, then she threw water?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

He went online took her Photograph mocked her half way off a cliff to over 7000 people with the promise /threat of doing it.

Was she a quiet timid kind of person? Did she prefer to be left alone? Cause from what i'm getting this royally pissed her off and when people are hurt emotionally mentally by bullies they've every right to react in kind. What's worse, emotional abuse or physical? Emotional is worse.

It was definately not in Jest.

Hey, she IS a Trump supporter. lol!

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: yuppa
For everyone defending this man let me point out something. your rights end where they infringe on anothers rights. SO yeah he has the right to make a threat but in doing so opens himself up for retaliation when said potential victim defends their right to expression.

I agree. She could have posted online too BUT she decided to make it physical. Why is that hard for people to understand? Oh right. Partisan crap.
didn't he push her, then she threw water?

admittedly, the source for this story is ridiculously stupid. its not even a story....its someone on a blog writing a few lines of opinion about some social media gossip. But putting the mendacity of the story aside....

....he didn't push her in anything that I see. If there is something else (especially something somewhat credible and not just the opinion blog of a petulant teen) that states he pushed her, im happy to amend my statement. But as it stands...he did nothing to her beyond make some comments about her computer that if taken literally are a threat to property (not person).

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You know the character in your avatar WOULD eat his own face for 100 likes.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Arrest him for assault, let him have a police record that shows he is violent.

But he didn't assault her did he?? According to the article she actually assaulted him "throwing her cup of liquid on him."

But I guess that's ok for her to do to him, right???

Ever think that maybe they are both wrong??? Or are you just trying to continue the pattern from one side while others continue it from their side??? Because the more you do it, so will they and the whole time blaming the other side for justifying it.

Ah... Divide and conquer mentality at its finest. Very good point to make, it's ironic that while the man made an unacceptable threat - ON THE INTERNET - of all places(I know people never say stupid things on SM) it does not justify what is by law an assault on his person. This election season is turning into a complete circus on all side.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

But anyone who doesn't support trump are supposed to be 'tolerant'....lol

Goons. Political Goons...the lot of them.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Swills

Who knew college kids posting things on Twitter counted as current events?

Apparently, like Trump, his supporters are thin skinned and can't handle someone not liking them.

I can't wait until November is over and Trump fades away from the lime light.

You guys are AMAZING! All you do is fear monger about non-existent Trump violence and racism, then rationalize it away when the reality of left wingers making violent threats and committing violent acts becomes obvious.

originally posted by: windword

It looks the school's handling it from here. SJWs can relax.

Right, because black college students are known for their support of Ted Cruz. This is what I call willful ignorance.

The great thing about ATS is, there are thousands of topics and threads...

If you don't like the thread, the OP, or what is being discussed why even comment at all?

Just gotta get a dig in? That's no better than the rest of them.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I guess what this idiot did to this woman represents all Liberals showing them to be violent, fascist thugs...

After all, we are getting inundated by threads and claims that a couple of conservatives using similar tactics is proof all conservatives are heartless and evil...

Does you definition of just "a couple of conservatives" include the jackass who said this from the podium about a protestor?

"'I'd like to punch him in the face"

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why is this the biggest concern on ATS. This matter is concerning ignorance but shouldnt yall have better things to converse about

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Wah wah wah someone supports this guy for president. Go to work and go home to your family. Thats all he should worry about. So many men have excess estrogen these days

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

How do you figure this guy is a Bernie supporter, or even a democrat? All I see is a tweet threatening to smash a computer, no political declaration. For all we know he could be a Cruz supporter. After all, some of Trumps most vile enemies are from his own party.

I was thinking along the same lines here, now just think for a sec, how does putting a trump sticker on her laptop preclude her from actually being a "b***h" that requires her personal property to be disposed of, does it? Maybe she truly is awful to others and This tweetering twit may just hate the woman, or god forbid even hold hatred for the laptop itself, he hates apples!!!...this really may not have anything to do with the trump sticker or political beliefs, i just don't have enough context to make a judgement about his stupidity and his perhaps absolutely justifiable and warranted yet unexplained outrage at a laptop....or he's just an idiot, she likes trump, she's hot and won't give this 18yo douche/meathead/jerk the time of day and he's butthurt about it so he makes a "funny"/racy/shocking tweet for the world to help to inflate his lacking ego...don't really know, but I do know that I don't really care either, he is an ass in my eyes and good for her for showing the fortitude to buck trend and the political ideals she is undoubtedly forced to deal with daily. I'm sure there isn't a shortage of "Bernllary" stickers flashed at her daily, I wonder if she threatens to smash them.... He crossed the line when he put her picture online without her permission, even though it could be construed as in a place where privacy shouldn't be expected I dunno, that bugs me....

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I do not vote in the elections for obvious reasons (cough cough electoral college cough cough) but I do not think someone should be treated in a malicious manor regardless of their political viewpoint. What is America if not a place that we should be able to express ourselves without the threat of physical violence.

Something I used to teach the toddler I was a nanny for back in the day, "Not everyone is going to like you or what you have to say. Don't attack them simply because you want to be heard because actions speak louder than words."

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
its funny, one of your supporters threaten to kill people and you offer to pay his legal fees, and it makes you unpopular

The Trump supporter who was filmed sucker punching a protester during Wednesday’s rally in North Carolina said: "Next time, we might have to kill him."

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay
Jesus Christ the right are such special snowflakes. The guy threatens to do it, which he obviously shouldn't have, but we have no idea if it was meant in jest, and then you claim that's basically the same as being a Jew at a Nazi rally.

Yep, basically the same thing.

Totally. The. Same.

have you been on a college campus recently??? As a conservative? They have ovens behind the bookstore on our local campus, anyone with a trump sticker or without a rainbow, coexist, green, Bernllary or "I love cats" sticker on their volvo has to get a tribal tattoo and put on the Birkenstock's of shame and are forced to wait for the pot brownies to be done. It's pretty much Berlin 1939...or not...

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ranger351

Seriously, it's astounding to me that the part of the political spectrum that considers themselves manly is saying this is like the holocaust and that the left is showing themselves to be fascist when they run out of facts and "let me know when Trump supporters start burning cars with Sanders stickers", over a keyboard warrior. This is literally over some idiot that talked smack on the internet.

I don't know how often conservative members have posted examples of special snowflakes from different colleges. The difference here is it's happening on the very forum!

And by the way, if you disagree with me I'll smash your computer.
edit on 7-5-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It amazes me that some right-leaning folk are willing to take the words of an 18 year old on Twitter as some sort of gospel, as though this kid is a voice for liberal politics. And it amazes me that some left-leaning folk don't just say "Yeah, he's obviously insanely immature. Hopefully he grows up one day." I strongly suspect this was an empty threat from its inception, but either way, threatening to destroy property because someone has a sticker that boosts an ideology you don't care for is ridiculous. It's also ridiculous to find the most juvenile example of political passion to be had and suggest it's somehow representative in a larger context.

Can't we just all agree that this kid was immature to have posted this and would be an immature criminal had he followed through on it?
edit on 7-5-2016 by JohnnyElohim because: Grammar. Sometimes I skip words, you know?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

WOW...just wow...this guy threatens to smash a laptop over a Trump sticker...yet Obama screwed up the Iran deal and this guy does nothing about it...WTF is going on with America today? Sticker vs Iran Deal..I would hate more on the Iran deal than this stupid minor sticker.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
For such a seasoned member, I surprised you made 2 threads about what is virtually the same story and would have been relevant to out in the same thread..

Anyway back know topic, you will always get stuff like this happening.. Here in the UK you don't show certain football colours in certain areas, especially on unattended cars.

I worked in Leeds and saw "i only hate Manchester United" as a window car sticker,a thought went through my brain of lobbing a brick through it with a nice note from a Manchester United fan explaining the sexual preferences Leeds fans have for the back end of Sheep but refrained as it would have been a bit over the top and feeding into the tribalistic nature of English football even though i would have done out of a wry sense of humour.
And here we have some fool that cannot filter out the tribalistic nonsense the media has the nation of America engaged every day of the week by making wild twisted allegations against anyone who is not the establishment.
That man is what i would call a sucker,i wonder if he would buy London Bridge off me.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join