It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Threatens to ‘Smash’ Woman’s Computer Over Trump Sticker

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

well, i know im being technical here....but he threatened her computer. Not her.

Actually he threatened the ideal that is Trump. THAT is why there's so much angst here. Logic be damned.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Self-defense

Self-defense is probably the most common defense used in assault and battery cases. In order to establish self-defense, an accused must generally show:

- a threat of unlawful force or harm against them;
- a real, honest perceived fear of harm to themselves (there must be a reasonable basis for this perceived fear);
- no harm or provocation on their part; and there was no reasonable chance of retreating or escaping the situation.

Now note, all of the conditions above are validated in the arguments throughout my original post.

Note:

Particularly I believe people will try to justify with the line "she did not retreat because she had the chance", faulting the third condition.

But the same condition says "or escaping the situation", in other words one of both have to be valid, which in fact she could not escape the unprovoked situation where she was victim of cyber harassment, as explained in my other post. Where, if left unattended it could've escalated to actual physical action by the guy. And she did it with reasonable force, without the intent of harming him, rather giving a message.
edit on 6-5-2016 by efabian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: MystikMushroom

So you are justifying the destruction of property and possible bodily harm simply because someone has beliefs that are different from yours.

No, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of people getting upset over something "their team" has already done.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

If someone does something wrong, then we should all be reminded that it is a bad thing and not just a partisan thing.

Or else we are no better than the politicians we all despise.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nah...the OP...it's just proof that you can be a liberal and be brainwashed and you can also be a conservative and be brainwashed. It happens on both ends of the spectrum and shows itself in cult like behavior.

Most of my brainwashed liberal friends don't really spew that much hatred and fear though. They'll say stuff like

"We can't afford to let a conservative win the presidency this time, or all the hard work of the last eight years will go to waste. Of course I'm for higher taxes if it means a better life for all of us."

My brainwashed conservative friends are usually a bit more angry and will say stuff like

"The Next Libtard that says he's voting for Hillary is going to get punched in the face. "

LOL
edit on 6-5-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If someone does something wrong, then we should all be reminded that it is a bad thing and not just a partisan thing.

Or else we are no better than the politicians we all despise.

Bang on there.

link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

too many from both sides are too thin skinned! my God, what the heck is wrong with us when we are refusing a tow to a disabled lady and threatening to smash computers because of bumper stickers???

as if it really matters that much who wins the presidency!! got news for yas.. one lying sob is just as bad as the next. they will promise you whatever you want to hear, but when they get into office, it's gonna be business as usual, and the long list of broken promises can start to grow!

grow up!! they are words on paper, or displayed on your computer screen. freedom of speech. respect it or lose it!!!

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So, the site this article comes from is: YOUNG CONSERVATIVES.

One sentence in article: The sight of a Trump sticker was enough to send a St. John’s University student into an uncontrollable violent rage.

The writer of this article should be in Drama, not politics.

---------------------------------------

Let me get this straight. A student in the class takes a photo of her laptop with the Trump sticker. Posts it on Twitter and "begs" for retweets - - - claiming he will smash it if he gets 7000.

-------------------------------------

Is that it?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
What I don't get is how did this guy get more than 7000 ppl so fast and then making bets etching him on to actually trash this girls laptop after insulting and publically humiliating her like he did mug shot and all.

Not very nice...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We should only get upset if he left her dead body in a drainage ditch?

0_o

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Trump said hed like to punch a rally agitator in the face so now everyone who likes trump is fair game. WELL TRUMP IS MEAN SO IF WE ARE MEAN ITS OK. lol. child logic.

Im out, whoever defends this guy who put a girl up on twitter and essentially made a countdown timer to assault with bets and encouragement from 15k losers is a coward, plain and simple. Just like the white boys who got ran out of town for posting about lynching that black girl are cowards. cant believe the state of men today.
edit on 6-5-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Political motivated democrats against trump, simple.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
N/m

Read worse things on my 14 year olds instagram.
edit on 6-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: efabian

Well.. It appears to be having the opposite effect of what they had determined

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

"Her" was the victim and pro-Trump.

hahahaha, read your edit.
edit on 6-5-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

We should only get upset if he left her dead body in a drainage ditch?

0_o

Oh, I bet if we search college twitters and instagrams . . . .

Only know about this one because someone complained and reported it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

well, i know im being technical here....but he threatened her computer. Not her.

Actually he threatened the ideal that is Trump. THAT is why there's so much angst here. Logic be damned.

And of course logic shows that when a liberal threaten other over their political views, that's ok and even "progressive" because they're liberals. My eyes are open, thank you.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: intrepid

And of course logic shows that when a liberal threaten other over their political views, that's ok and even "progressive" because they're liberals. My eyes are open, thank you.

It's never ok and they know it, cos they never do it to anyone man or woman enough to call them on it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: buster2010

Actually you can defend yourself IF you think a attack is incoming. its called a pre emptive strike,and its not just for armies. If you are in fear of your life and person its legal to do so.

No, not if you *think* the attack is incoming, but if it is in fact incoming and you are there defending yourself. Not preemption.

You have the right to self defense during attack. You do not have the right of preemption.

If you *think* the guy across the room is going to come over and hit you because of something he (or even you) posted online, you do NOT have the right to walk over and punch him first. Period.

If you *think* your neighbor is going to come over to your house and harm you, that does not give you right to go to his house and hurt him first.

Why do people have such a hard time understanding that point in this thread? Smh.

ETA:

Hell, even if he SAID that's what he was going to do, you don't have the right to walk over and hit him first.

SO IF the guy from across the room starts walking toward you you then have the right to defend yourself by knocking him on his rear then correct? But not before correct? What about if said person says they are going to shoot you and then when you see them you shoot them first is it ok then?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join