It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask me a question, about the times we are in, and I will answer you, to the best of my knowledge.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Please excuse me for a bit. It think I am getting the flu

[edit on 22-1-2005 by realorritt]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by realorritt
I am not a preterist. Do you mean as in older days with your qquestions are now, in time to come?

From what I learned, the preterist doctrine states that during Revelation, Christ showed John the events that would occur at and surrounding the fall of Jerusalem in 70 AD. It seems similar to what you said earlier, and that is why I assumed that you followed the doctrine.

Personally, I am more of a futurist in that I believe that the prophecy is yet to be fulfilled. The Mark of the Beast, for example, I believe to be the microchip - which is now feasible but was not in the first century.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi. Your questions are ones I like. Right now I cannot answer as I am babysitting, but I wil answer them for you to the best of my ability. I feel better today. All of your questions are what got me interested in what I do now.
Peace

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So sorry, I am having great difficulty concerning something here at ats. I have not been logged in, but was logged in and am waiting for a reply from the moderator. I have had a trying day. I have had a friend over with her children and now, my belief is being tested. What we talked about is diturbing me very much so, to the point that I no longer am clear in my thought on certain things. Maybe I will U2U you and tell you what is weighing on my mind.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

What we talked about is diturbing me very much so, to the point that I no longer am clear in my thought on certain things.

That shows that you are willing to consider other ideas and opinions. I am always open to other people's views but don't just accept them without checking them out for myself first. I suggest that you research what your friend told you and make up your own mind based on your own opinions, as I do.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Do you believe that the various judgments (Scroll, Trumpet, Bowl) were metaphorical ?

Who were the Antichrist and the False prophet ?

What was the Mark of the Beast ?

Yes, I do believe they are spoken metamorphically. Mostly the old testament and the new testament are spoken in metaphors, as well as Revelations. The hailstorm in the first trumpet is not literally a hailstorm as we know one to be but a nation that will attack Israel after the 7 year peace treaty is broken.

The Antichrist I believe will be from Rome. I do not know if you know this but Romans only used 6 letters in the alphabet...D ..C....L.....X....V...I. If you add these letters up, you will get the number of the beast..666. Also, add up the word Bio-Implant...Computer, Calculation.....monetary and many more you get 666. The next antichrist will be a pope, wo will come in peacefully, speak pleaseant words to our ears, and consume us with his power to achieve peace in the middle east, in Israel. You and othes will know this is the antichrist by the 7 year peace treaty he will make with Israel.

Where the center of most of the world's economy is is in New York, also aldo add up New York, each letter is as follows, A=6 B=12 C=18 D=24..E=30 and so on. The world will think he is the saviour and accept him or her, as such.

I also believe that we all will be forced to place a chip in our right hand or, forehead, if not, we will not be able to buy, sell etc, and if we do not take the mark of the beast we will be killed for not being a child of God as he will call himself.

The false prophet, will deceive many, he has already started his course. Religions are starting to unite, and soon there will be a one world religion, a one world government and monetary system. The false prophet I believe will come from Spain, and make the entire earth believe that all these things are for the benefit of man. The one world order,the one world government and the one world monetary unit. He working alongside the pope, are the false prophets, so we need to take heed and to be careful in the coming days this is very important. We all should watch for these things, and signs, and know that the Lord will put a mark on our forehead, one that will mark us children of God, after the antichrist marks his followers, He will mark his followers in their belief and by their heart, and if we refuse to take the mark of the beast we will be saved. There is so much more to ad to this but I do not want to make it long and winded.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So you have a god that will let you suffer and starve to death, be homeless...no matter what a good person you have been or you are, no matter how faithful to him you have been....because you get a mark set forth into law....great god there! I though he always knew what was in your heart no matter what!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I personally do see Revelation as a predominantly literal prophecy. The reason I say this is because science has proven that the 'judgments' are physically possible without supernatural aid. Asteroid strikes, earthquakes, even a kind of algae/plankton that makes the area of sea in which it lives look like blood.

The Antichrist I believe will be from Rome. I do not know if you know this but Romans only used 6 letters in the alphabet...D ..C....L.....X....V...I.

It is quite possible that Antichrist will come from Rome, although Actually, the Roman alphabet was similar to ours. There were no lower case letters, and K, Y and Z used only for writing words of Greek origin. The letters J, U and W were added to the alphabet at a later stage to write languages other than Latin. J is a variant of I, U is a variant of V, and W was introduced as a 'double-v' to make a distinction between the sounds we know as 'v' and 'w' which was unnecessary in Latin.

On the other hand, there are seven Roman numerals, which are : I (1), V (5), X (10), L (50), C (100), D (500), M (1000). The first six numerals do indeed add up to 666. The last one 'M' means 1000 which could mean the 1000 years of peace after the defeat of the Antichrist as prophecied in revelation.

I also believe that we all will be forced to place a chip in our right hand or, forehead, if not, we will not be able to buy, sell etc

As I have believed for quite a while, ever since they started putting microchips in dogs to 'aid their recovery' if lost. It is quite possible and in fact there are people who have already taken the chip, although it isn't yet the 'official' Mark of the Beast.
the concept is simple, the chip need only hold a small amount of data - a code number for example, similar to the Social Security number in the US or the National Insurance number in the UK. With access to the right computers, all kinds of data is available purely by entering in those numbers. The same will be true of the chip in time.

The false prophet I believe will come from Spain, and make the entire earth believe that all these things are for the benefit of man. The one world order,the one world government and the one world monetary unit.

Its interesting that you say that he will come from Spain. A thread about just such a man appeared on ATS a little while ago. Javier Solana was born in Madrid and seems to have somewhat of a meteoric rise to power. See : Javier Solana's Incredible EU Takeover

Edit: To add info re Latin Alphabet

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Pisky]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
if any truly powerful spiritual leaders or teachers emerge this would be to your benefit not detriment.

as they would try to correct the faltering system and stop the 'beast chip' etc.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

[edit on 23-1-2005 by MysticOfRadiance]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
So you have a god that will let you suffer and starve to death, be homeless...no matter what a good person you have been or you are, no matter how faithful to him you have been....because you get a mark set forth into law....great god there! I though he always knew what was in your heart no matter what!

Isnt this any God? If you have a God, and these things happen, you have to believe that your God let it happen.

I dont know about the other books of the lord, I do know a little about the bible. The book of Job is a clear sign that its ok for God to let bad things happen just to check faith.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
What happened to the Aquarian Age, and why?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Hello LadyV

As you stated yes, God does know what is in our hearts always, you are very correct. Your questions have been my questions for a long time as it disturbs me to see a homeless person, a hungry person, and people living in the third world countries dying from disease, and starvation. From that doubt in myself, I prayed and found answers for my own satisfaction.Wether it will satisfy your concerns I do not know. But, it sounds like you are a very loving and caring lady.
Can I explain what I mean by myself finding answers or, are you not interested in hearing them?
All my best to you and yours.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Its interesting that you say that he will come from Spain. A thread about just such a man appeared on ATS a little while ago. Javier Solana was born in Madrid and seems to have somewhat of a meteoric rise to power. See : Javier Solana's Incredible EU Takeover

[edit on 23-1-2005 by Pisky]

Javier Solana's Incredible EU Takeover This man you speak of, I have not heard of him as of yet but am going to read your link now. That is very interesting to me, as in the book of Daniel it is the eleventh nation that will join the European Union who will have the antichrist which is Spain. Could this be the man, and if so pisky, are we on a ast track to being globalized? I think we are if this man comes to his full power.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by realorritt]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
In 1995, this new idea would be taken farther by Jaiver Solana when he was appointed the new head of NATO. Part of Solana's mandate was to restructure NATO to make Europe's defense wing possible. He divided NATO into two Strategic Commands, one in Virginia and one in Brussels. In other words, Solana split NATO down the middle -- half for the US, half for Europe. fulfilledprophecy.com...

This ties in perfectly with the prophecy of Daniel, and revelations!
He is indeed the antichrist and Brussells is where the super computer is that will hold all of our information, as our medical history, how much money we have, our birthdays, SIN, Residence, Our family members, everything there is to know about us will be in this computer!The antichrist will be one from the eleventh nation who joined the EU! Spain and Portugal became the eleventh members in 1986.

Now in daniel here is what it says about the antichrist,

7 "After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns
Daniel 7:23-27.

23 "Thus he said:

'The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, Which shall be different from all other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, trample it and break it in pieces.

24 The ten horns are ten kings who shall arise from this kingdom. And ANOTHER shall rise after them; he shall be different from the first ones, and shall subdue three kings. (Practically all writers agree this "another" is the anti-Christ.)

25 'He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time.

26 'But the court shall be seated, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and destroy it forever.

27 'Then the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.'"

www.comeandsee.org...

We need to be ready!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Do you believe that the various judgments (Scroll, Trumpet, Bowl) were metaphorical ?

I think it best to interpret the Scriptures literally where possible, and find out what the meaning is when it is not. Here's two quick examples.

Rev *:8-9 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

This is probably exactly what it sounds like. A volcano (huge mountain, all ablaze) collapses and falls into the ocean. Skeptics will ask how this would destroy so many ships and sea life. I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see.

Daniel 2:32-33 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay.

Obviously the statue here is representing something. We're not left guessing too long; however, as the meaning is quickly given after the description. Usually when something strange happens in the Bible, an interpretation is given for it. If not we should probably take it literally.

As for the members here who believe that the events in Revelation are in the past, how do you explain the last 3 chapters? I find it surprising that the new Jerusalem spoken of, a city that is 1,400 miles square, can't be found today on the earth. Surely we wouldn't miss such a large object. Of course I'm sure it will be argued that this isn't a literal town, it represents something else, yet I don't see any other explanation for this city. Where's the interpretation of what this really means? No, I think we can take this as a literal place, and use it as proof that the events in Revelation are a future time.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   

He is indeed the antichrist and Brussells is where the super computer is that will hold all of our information, as our medical history, how much money we have, our birthdays, SIN, Residence, Our family members, everything there is to know about us will be in this computer

I'm not yet sure about Solana being the Antichrist. I would need more evidence against him than already exists. However he is a valid contender so far with his meteoric rise to power.

I remember reading about a computer in Brussels which was nicknamed 'The Beast'. That particular story was an urban myth propagated after it was created for a novel (I even mentioned it in my ATS story). However if they want to consolidate all the data in one, there has to be a supercomputer somewhere either now or in the future. If the EU is the heartland of Antichrist it seems logical that the computer be in Brussels.
The Beast Supercomputer - Origins

Originally posted by dbates
Rev *:8-9 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

This is probably exactly what it sounds like. A volcano (huge mountain, all ablaze) collapses and falls into the ocean. Skeptics will ask how this would destroy so many ships and sea life. I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see.

Alternatively it could be an asteroid burning up as it enters the atmosphere. That would appear as a fireball or huge mountain, all ablaze. That is what I see this particular verse of Revelation to mean.

posted on Jul, 25 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hey

I know that this is an old topic but do you still answer new questions?

yavis

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join