It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adviser Ben Carson says Donald Trump could pick a Democrat, independent for VP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

That's not what Trump says:

"I would rule them out. We want to have a great ticket. Democrats have been in there a long time," Trump said on "Fox and Friends." "It's just a disaster. No, I'm going to pick a great Republican, and we're going to have a tremendous victory. We're going to win."
A spokesperson for Carson said later Thursday the former neurosurgeon "fully expects Mr. Trump to choose a Republican as his running mate."

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I could be wrong but I believe that both major parties have rules which say that a nominee, even for VP must be a member of that party. Nominating across party lines only happens with third parties. The fact that people running for such high offices actually don't know the rules under which the party operates says a lot about the candidate or "spokesperson" who is spouting off at the mouth. Taking time to actually read and understand the rules under which the party operates should be a first step for any candidate or spokesperson.
I see only two ways to look at such statements---either the speaker is totally ignorant or the speaker is attempting to gain publicity by being totally absurd. Since I don't know what is in Mr. Carson's mind, I don't know if he really is this ignorant or he wants to put out something for click-bait.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sanders has said a Trump Presidency would be a disaster for America and he would do anything he could stop it from happening. So the Trump Sanders fantasy can be put to bed. Trump needs a conservative who has no real political future because has shore up the red states before he can even thing about the battle ground states. And since most people are expecting a disaster for Trump in the election it nobody who thinks they have real political future is going accept. Picking a Dem would be a waste as Trump has an over 90% disapproval rating among Dems, nothing is going to fix that. With more and more GOP leaders coming out and refusing to support Trump he has to find a way to change that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well you Trumps whole plan was to win the nomination and then offer the VP job to Hillary knowing that he has to win then. He isn't really very smart you know. šŸ˜

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Trump said his VP will be a Republican.

Carson's spokesperson said that Carson says the same.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Trump/Sanders 2016

That's probably the only pair who could take down the old hag lady....

We are doomed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join