It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadiq Khan on the verge of making history: London's first Muslim Mayor.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I never paid much attention to 'Boris', I doubt i'll be paying much attention to 'khan'.

I just hope like others have said.... his Religious views are not bought with him.

I also think a lot of 'Muslims' voted for him simply because he is 'Muslim' and 'Labour' and we all know what 'Labour' did and want.

One of his Policies I don't paticularly like is the one where he wants more Houses built in London on Fields! I'd say most people don't want more Buildings going up around them and most people don't want another Million people in London... that is the plan... from Conservatives too... to build enough so another 1 Million people can fit into London. Too many for my liking as it's already choca-block!
edit on CDTSat, 07 May 2016 04:18:13 -05000000003104x113x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

The guy is the first Muslim mayor of London if you cannot find the humor in my "Al Fayed" comment that's tough.

You sound like you own all the rights to whats cheap, crappy, pathetic and cynical. If you dont like or fail to understand my attempt at humor then jog along and find something else to drone on about.

End of the day the guy won because the compensation was a banker called Goldsmith who rather a few like minder people hold in the greatest of contempt.

Hope he does a good job and does not turn out to be a TPTB stooge, then again chance would be a fine thing indeed.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Its only the corrupt Cameron cronies that tried to make this about religion.
Khan has run on policy and he is as far form being a radical Muslim as one could be. His parents and himself integrated into British society. Forget religion, I just see him as British.

As for Muslims who ARE radical terrorists, I wonder how they can justify their crap now about Londoners being islamaphobics and racists?
edit on 7/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The guy is the first Muslim mayor of London if you cannot find the humor in my "Al Fayed" comment that's tough.

No, no humour in that at all, takes all sorts I guess - give my regards to Jim Davidson, his humour is probably close to your own.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Funnily enough i love Jim Davidson, very funny fellow but as to my humor its probably more up the Frankie Boyle or Kevin Bridges street, all through nowhere near on par with such comedy genius.

Still prattling on about a load a mince i see. You do relies that this is bordering on way off topic? LoL
edit on 7-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
most whites done vote on things like this.
the muslims see this as a way to take over.

ones places in uk westmidlands has a 1% turn out.
even I could have won! or my dog.
hmm! I would lose to my dog..

edit on 7-5-2016 by buddha because: why not

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
most whites done vote on things like this.
the muslims see this as a way to take over.

ones places in uk westmidlands has a 1% turn out.
even I could have won! or my dog.
hmm! I would lose to my dog..

You posted exactly the same ignorant and incorrect comment on this thread. No. The lowest turnout in a British election was in 1942 and it was 9.3%. The reason? There was a damn war on and people were a bit preoccupied with other matters.
edit on 7-5-2016 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join