It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Teen Poisoned, Choked and Burned Alive in "Honor Killing."

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

if you are replying to me then then the the answer is no its pitch black in my world

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Such a peaceful religion Islam is.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Where are you living friend? I'm sure many people around the world have the same migration problem you experience.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

Northeast Pa. They moved a lot of then in and gave them money to start businesses.

I don't have a problem with that on a human level but it will encourage more of this crap.

Were just enabling drug addicts Mexicans Syrians all these people keep running tk us for help and protesting at our political rally's but they can't do anything for themselves in their home country.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The definition of Honor Killings is: Honor killing or shame killing are the "homicide" of a member of a family by other members, due to the perpetrators' belief that the victim has brought shame or dishonor upon the family, or has violated the principles of a community or a religion. Usually for reasons such as refusing to enter an arranged marriage, being in a relationship that is disapproved of by their family, having sex outside marriage, becoming the victim of rape, dressing in ways which are deemed inappropriate, engaging in non-heterosexual relations or renouncing a faith. This is a discrimination against human nature, how could you murder your mother,father brother or sister because they had been raped ? or enjoyed a quickie on the side? This is a medieval practice, devoid of reason and condemned by society in today's world....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I know all that and by and large agree with what you said....but it's a cultural thing and judging all Muslims the same only serves to detract from addressing the real problem.

Like I said earlier, there was an instance here in the UK where a Chinese family, not Muslims, killed a daughter because they feared she was becoming 'too Westernised' and brought shame upon her family.

It's an all too common practice with some Hindu's who originate from a specific area of the sub-continent.
And it's an all too common practice with some Muslim's who originate from a specific area of the sub-continent.

If all Muslims condoned this practice it wouldn't be illegal in most, if not all, Muslim countries punishable by either imprisonment or in some instances the death penalty.

And it's certainly unacceptable that some immigrants from these areas have transported the practice to their foster nations.

I don't think I can be any clearer than that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Ok, so you know all that. I live in Asia where "honor murder" happens VERY often, never reported to authorities or police as the locals stay MUM for fear of retaliation from the offending family's and supporters, did you know that?.....

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
it seems the definition of 'honour' is open to interpretation.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Yes, I know honour killings occur in Asia.

It may indeed be more common than I realise.

But the point is; is it a cultural phenomenon or an act carried out in accordance with Islamic law?

Is it illegal where you live?
What is the punishment if it is illegal?
Do ALL Muslims where you live agree with the principle of honour killing?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: malevolent

Lighten up a bit, stop listening to Behemoth for a start!

Satanism has gotten you a bad attitude and a knee jerk reaction that inst constructive. Maybe think about switching to something less angst ridden.

I used to have the same outlook, aside from the satanism bit.

Anyway, its good to see you expressing yourself, and not being a straight troll

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Heres what Ive found and been researching lately;

Opinion polls from UK

ICM Poll: 20% of British Muslims sympathize with 7/7 bombers
www.telegraph.co.uk...

NOP Research: 1 in 4 British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified
www.cbsnews.com...&date=2011-04-06
www.webcitation.org...

Channel Four (2006): 31% of younger British Muslims say 7/7 bombings were justified compared to 14% of those over 45.
www.policyexchange.org.uk...

People-Press: 31% of Turks support suicide attacks against Westerners in Iraq.
people-press.org...

YNet: One third of Palestinians (32%) supported the slaughter of a Jewish family, including the children:
pajamasmedia.com...
www.ynetnews.com...

World Public Opinion: 83% of Egyptians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Indonesians approve of attacks on American troops.
26% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on American troops.
68% of Moroccans approve of attacks on American troops.
90% of Palestinians approve of attacks on American troops.
72% of Jordanians approve of attacks on American troops.
52% of Turks approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (39% oppose)
A minority of Muslims disagreed entirely with terror attacks on American troops.
About half of those opposed to attacking Americans were sympathetic with al-Qaeda’s attitude toward the U.S.
www.worldpublicopinion.org...

World Public Opinion (2009): 30% of Palestinians support attacks on American civilians working in Muslim countries. 24% support the murder of Americans on U.S. soil.
Only 74% of Turks and 55% of Pakistanis disapprove of terror attacks against civilians on U.S. soil.

Pew Research (2010): 55% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hezbollah
30% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hezbollah
45% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hezbollah (26% negative)
43% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hezbollah (30% negative)
pewglobal.org...

Pew Research (2010): 60% of Jordanians have a positive view of Hamas (34% negative).
49% of Egyptians have a positive view of Hamas (48% negative)
49% of Nigerian Muslims have a positive view of Hamas (25% negative)
39% of Indonesians have a positive view of Hamas (33% negative)
pewglobal.org...

Pew Research (2010): 15% of Indonesians believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.
34% of Nigerian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified.
pewglobal.org...

16% of young Muslims in Belgium state terrorism is "acceptable".
www.hln.be...

Populus Poll (2006): 12% of young Muslims in Britain (and 12% overall) believe that suicide attacks against civilians in Britain can be justified. 1 in 4 support suicide attacks against British troops.
www.danielpipes.org...

Pew Research (2007): 26% of younger Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are justified.
35% of young Muslims in Britain believe suicide bombings are justified (24% overall).
42% of young Muslims in France believe suicide bombings are justified (35% overall).
22% of young Muslims in Germany believe suicide bombings are justified.(13% overall).
29% of young Muslims in Spain believe suicide bombings are justified.(25% overall).
pewresearch.org...=60

Pew Research (2011): 8% of Muslims in America believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (81% never).
28% of Egyptian Muslims believe suicide bombings are often or sometimes justified (38% never).
www.people-press.org...

edit on 562016 by Butterfinger because: Intro

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Continued

Pew Research (2007): Muslim-Americans who identify more strongly with their religion are three times more likely to feel that suicide bombings are justified
pewresearch.org...=60

27% of British Muslims do not support the deportation of Islamic extremists preaching violence and hate.
www.danielpipes.org...

Federation of Student Islamic Societies: About 1 in 5 Muslim students in Britain (18%) would not report a fellow Muslim planning a terror attack.
www.danielpipes.org...

ICM Poll: 25% of British Muslims disagree that a Muslim has an obligation to report terrorists to police.
www.danielpipes.org...

Populus Poll (2006): 16% of British Muslims believe suicide attacks against Israelis are justified.
37% believe Jews in Britain are a "legitimate target".
www.danielpipes.org...

World Public Opinion: Majorities in Egypt (63%) and Libya (61%) supported the 9/11/2012 attacks against American embassies, including Benghazi.

Pew Research (2013): At least 1 in 4 Muslims do not reject violence against civilians (study did not distinguish between those who believe it is partially justified and never justified).
www.pewforum.org...

Pew Research (2013): 15% of Muslims in Turkey support suicide bombings (also 11% in Kosovo, 26% in Malaysia and 26% in Bangladesh).
www.pewforum.org...

PCPO (2014): 89% of Palestinians support Hamas and other terrorists firing rockets at Israeli civilians.
www.jihadwatch.org...

Pew Research (2013): Only 57% of Muslims worldwide disapprove of al-Qaeda. Only 51% disapprove of the Taliban. 13% support both groups and 1 in 4 refuse to say.
www.pewglobal.org...

BBC Radio (2015): 45% of British Muslims agree that clerics preaching violence against the West represent "mainstream Islam".
www.comres.co.uk...

Palestinian Center for Political Research (2015): 74% of Palestinians support Hamas terror attacks.
www.timesofisrael.com...

Pew Research (2014): 47% of Bangladeshi Muslims says suicide bombings and violence are justified to "defend Islam". 1 in 4 believed the same in Tanzania and Egypt. 1 in 5 Muslims in the 'moderate' countries of Turkey and Malaysia.
www.pewglobal.org...

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 19% of Muslim-Americans say that violence is justified in order to make Sharia the law in the United States (66% disagree).
www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...

The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 25% of Muslim-Americans say that violence against Americans in the United States is justified as part of the "global Jihad (64% disagree).
www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org...

The Sun (2015: Following Nov. 2015 attacks in Paris, 1 in 4 young Muslims in Britain (and 1 in 5 overall) said they sympathize with those who fight for ISIS.
www.thesun.co.uk...

ICM (2016): 2 in 3 Muslims in Britain would not report terror plot to police.
www.thetimes.co.uk...

See also: wikiislam.net...(Terrorism) for further statistics on Islamic terror.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

In direct reply for your honor killings question. Yes its technically illegal everywhere, but it tolerated every dark corner of the muslim world.

Source

Turkish Ministry of Education: 1 in 4 Turks Support Honor Killings
www.realcourage.org...
www.todayszaman.com...

Civitas: 1 in 3 Muslims in the UK strongly agree that a wife should be forced to obey her husband’s bidding
www.imaginate.uk.com...
www.civitas.org.uk...

BBC Poll: 1 in 10 British Muslims support killing a family member over “dishonor”.
www.expressandstar.com...

Middle East Quarterly: 91 percent of honor killings are committed by Muslims worldwide.
www.canadafreepress.com...

95% of honor killings in the West are perpetrated by Muslim fathers and brothers or their proxies.
fullcomment.nationalpost.com...

A survey of Muslim women in Paris suburbs found that three-quarters of them wear their masks out of fear – including fear of violence.
www.nugget.ca...

Two-thirds of young British Muslims agree that ‘honor’ violence is acceptable.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Pew Research (2013): Large majorities of Muslims favor Sharia. Among those who do, stoning women for adultery is favored by 89% in Pakistanis, 85% in Afghanistan, 81% in Egypt, 67% in Jordan, ~50% in ‘moderate’ Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, 58% in Iraq, 44% in Tunisia, 29% in Turkey, and 26% in Russia.
www.pewforum.org...

Pew Research (2013): Honor killing the woman for sex outside of marriage is favored over honor killing the man in almost every Islamic country. Over half of Muslims surveyed believed that honor killings over sex were at least partially justified.
www.pewforum.org...

(2013) Jordanian teens support honor killing.
www.france24.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: lovebeck

Islamabad (CNN)More than a dozen people have been arrested after a teenage girl was choked, injected with poison, tied to a van and then burned to death.

Police in Abbottabad in Pakistan's northern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province said the death was a so-called honor killing ordered by a tribal council after the girl, 16-year-old Ambreen, allegedly helped a neighbor and her boyfriend elope.
"The order came after Ambreen's neighbor, Saima, had eloped with her boyfriend on the 22nd of April," police officer Khurram Rasheed said.
Rasheed said the girl's killing was ordered after a 15 member tribal council, or Jirga, gathered to investigate the elopement.
The couple that eloped has been tracked and is in a safe place, police said. They added that those arrested will be tried in an anti-terrorism court.

There are no words. This is absolutely awful, barbaric and evil in every sense.

Praying for her friends who "eloped" and pray that they do not suffer the same fate.

That's all I got for now bc this is just awful and I don't want to think about it longer than absolutely necessary.

Link

And the west has no problem letting these animals in.

They aren't animals, they are two kids in love.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Goes to show that Islam, like Christianity during the Great Schism, needs a definite overhaul

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

QUOTE: "cultural phenomenon or an act carried out in accordance with Islamic law?" Unfortunately a combination of both. It is not legal anywhere to my knowledge, the punishment is how much money you hand over (corruption), and you will never know their thoughts.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yes sadly they don't offer very much back to the society's that help them. And the point that really annoy's me, is they expect all the "trimming" that local's have earn't through years of contribution and hard work....cheers.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39

The definition of Honor Killings is: Honor killing or shame killing are the "homicide" of a member of a family by other members, due to the perpetrators' belief that the victim has brought shame or dishonor upon the family, or has violated the principles of a community or a religion. Usually for reasons such as refusing to enter an arranged marriage, being in a relationship that is disapproved of by their family, having sex outside marriage, becoming the victim of rape, dressing in ways which are deemed inappropriate, engaging in non-heterosexual relations or renouncing a faith. This is a discrimination against human nature, how could you murder your mother,father brother or sister because they had been raped ? or enjoyed a quickie on the side? This is a medieval practice, devoid of reason and condemned by society in today's world....

It's considered Sharia law, isn't it? I seem to keep hearing these folks talk about that a lot in the news, etc.

I may be totally wrong about this though. I do not have a strong knowledge of Islam at all.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
This is truly awful.. but how can you condem an entire religion for the actions of a few.
These type of people are mo different from those inbred bumpkin people you get in the usa.

If anyone read the actual article it clearly states they have made arrests and are trying these people for their crimes.. Why is this not being taken into account?
I'm sure a lot of followers of Islam will be horrified by this..

You got on OP about generalizing a group of people and them literally the next sentence, generalized a group of people with a thinly veiled slur.

You sir, are a f****** hypocrite.

Besides that business, domestic violence in the US between a family is WORLDS away from a RELIGIOUS (read: Islamic) tribunal convening and deciding a girl who commited a victimless crime was guilty of some sort of religious honor violation and ordering her killed for it.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

QUOTE: " I do not have a strong knowledge of Islam". You keep it that way friend, there are more important things to read about and talk about than islam. FYI: Sharia law is a version of islam (there are many branches), more strict and deadly than the conventional version. Sharia islam started in Saudi Arabia and is their official religion, along with country's like Pakistan, Iran and other hard liners. Other muslim countries like Turkey, Malaysia and Indonesia have a more tolerant version of islam. I live in Indonesia (necessary) and i find the religion most difficult to live with....anyway, time for another "coldie" before the loud speakers start their bla-bla. cheers mate....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join