It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ITS MORPHIN' TIME!!! Power Rangers Reboot Confirmed For 2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Calling all fanboys and fangirls...

Produced by the original creator Haim Saban and slated to be released on March 24 2017, Power Rangers (2017) is looking to take the franchise into a newer, darker, higher production direction.

Anyone who was a child growing up in the 90's knows about the Power Rangers and most likely, at one time or another, watched the show, had the toys or owned the VHS tapes. As a lifetime fan I'm glad to see it finally getting the comeback it deserves and can't wait to share it with the younger generations.

Entertainment Weekly has just released a first look at the new cast, characters and costumes... and I have to admit I'm more hyped then anticipated.

I just hope they don't change the original theme song... SO MUCH HIGH ENERGY!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There is no way it will be worse than the Ghostbusters reboot is going to be.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You sexist!

I'm sick of Hollywood just totally butchering my childhood... Michael Bay has already done enough damage.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Power Rangers is suppose to be a kids show. Sure it could be a bit more realistic because it was suppose to be mainly martial arts. I hope they don't add breast armor for the female ones. That kind of ruins their identity for villains to figure who is actually who.
edit on 5-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

how can they make that giant electronic face in the tube NOT cheesy? Or the villains/goonies in huge monster suits made of rubber? Lol, I hope they at least do a decent job, I'm already a little embarassed for them but I'll probably still enjoy it

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

I like the more grown up tone, I think it appeals to fans both new and old.

As for the breast armor, I kind of thought it was funny how Kim's features disappeared when she morphed into Pink Ranger... you could totally tell it was a double. But then again it was a kid's show.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Power Rangers is suppose to be a kids show. Sure it could be a bit more realistic because it was suppose to be mainly martial arts. I hope they don't add breast armor for the female ones. That kind of ruins their identity for villains to figure who is actually who.

Someone in marketing had their thinking cap on and figured, "Hell all the Power Ranger fans from the 90s are all grown up. Lets reboot it with more adult themes and get those fans back."

That's kind of what my gut is telling me at least.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Yeah I totally understand, lol. But I've always been a fan of stuff like Voltron, Thunder Cats, Godzilla etc. It's just grown on me but I do hope they do a good job.

Masters of the Universe did a good job, visually, in transferring the characters from TV to the big screen... though the writing and acting was just deplorable.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

lol masters of the universe cartoon alot like ninja turtles was made to sell toys.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Oh definitely, though Ninja Turtles started off as a comic that was suppose to be a joke... and has become even more of a joke since Michael Baysplosion got his hands on it.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
More hype.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
im really stoked. im in my early 30s... is that bad.lol.

i watched that show religiously back in the day.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I remember the days when they made horrible reboots of great work.

Now they're making horrible reboots of horrible work.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Same here brother, it's more about the nostalgia then anything else.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

i hope they bring kim back, my childhood love.

i think i just made this thread creepy
edit on 5-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

i hope they bring kim back, my childhood love.

i think i just made this thread creepy

she was the love of my life too. lol.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
My sister-in-law (far younger than me) was one of the original Korean Power Rangers.

It was bad-ass walking down the street with her and watching all the fans rush her for autographs.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Can't say I'm a fan of the ironman look. Will be very interesting to see the final product & just how dark/gritty they go with it. Definitely promising.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

If it's even half as good as this I'll be satisfied.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Go Go Power Rangers!!! Lol looks pretty interesting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join