It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A meeting with Chuck?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Everyone knows and has heard that; Once in our life we all meet Chuck and experience his wisdom, at times in an event or a situation that we can not explain. This was one of those times, to me it felt like an Omen or a guiding hand and yet it also was what I would consider the greatest experience I have went through in my entire life.

I'm a man of Science myself and do not talk to Chuck(God) or pray to it, nor am I church going man. But, as stated before I'm beginning to believe in my own way, that no matter how much we disagree we can not help but shake the feeling of something there.

It happened 6 months ago at a small bus station outside a shopping center;

As always I tend to catch the bus, it let's me observe and wonder of what every passengers story could be. After purchasing 2 roles of ribbons for Ol'Faithful (My old hot rod red typewriter) I was sitting comfortably watching people passing by and absorbing the gentle rays of sunlight.

I then saw a gentleman I believe to be in his 60's maybe 70's slowly walking with a gain, he had silver white hair and ocean blue eyes; I can not shake the feeling of those eyes there was something behind it. Although looking fragile and what seemed like Melanoma on various regions of his skin, he smiled and came to sit beside me.

As he rested both his hands on his small wooden cane he began the conversations with the old fashioned 'It's a beautiful day' and in return I said 'Indeed it is, indeed it is'. He then inquired 'Do you have a brother?' and as I nodded along he continued with a bit of wisdom 'Brothers can be hard at times, we don't get to choose them. But, they are family and there is nothing stronger than a bond between brothers, sure brothers fight but they also have each others back. Look out for your brother and treat him with love no matter how stubborn he can be'.

I then realized that my brother was a bit stubborn lately and we weren't having such a great time getting a long. Younger siblings do tend to get a bit annoying at times, everyone has experienced something along the lines and vise versa. Part of me was filled with curiosity of who this interesting individual was, I almost felt like saying

'God?'

Unfortunately before I could he smiled got up and said 'Well this is my bus' and as the doors closed and it drove off into the distance.

I could not but think - Why did I get to meet this nice old gentleman?
It was profound and made me question this experience as to the fact of how he was able to talk on the subject of brothers, more specifically when they don't get along. At the same moment in a period of my life where my relationship with my brother was not the best.

Has anyone else ever experienced the wonder of meeting a stranger such as this wonderful man?

Although a man who seemed stricken and filled possibly with main, he almost radiated happiness and serenity. It was truly profound to experience something like this in my life.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheChuckster

yep. I would call it a manifestation of 'The Godess' on earth. But I am certain I have had this type of encounter more than once.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You sound like a person who experiences life. That's a very good trait. So many go through life in a fog of social networking, sports, media, and never actually notice the real life going on around them.

Everything in life has meaning. I firmly believe there are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason. Realizing this helps one to observe life more closely.

I'm not sure if it is God controlling this. I was born and raised Catholic and feel like I have faith, but I have become disillusioned with the earthliness of organized religion.

But whether it is God, or something else, there is definitely a strong fiber weaving its way through all of our lives, at time joining us together when there is a reason, holding us tightly when we need to be held, pushing us in a direction when we are adrift, and fraying when we push too hard against the weave.

I often use the phrase in conversation that something "needs" to happen. Sometimes I feel it to my core that events just have to go in a certain direction because it was meant to be.

I would say you experienced the encounter for a reason. You needed it to happen.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChuckster
Everyone knows and has heard that; Once in our life we all meet Chuck and experience his wisdom, at times in an event or a situation that we can not explain. This was one of those times, to me it felt like an Omen or a guiding hand and yet it also was what I would consider the greatest experience I have went through in my entire life.

I'm a man of Science myself and do not talk to Chuck(God) or pray to it, nor am I church going man. But, as stated before I'm beginning to believe in my own way, that no matter how much we disagree we can not help but shake the feeling of something there.

It happened 6 months ago at a small bus station outside a shopping center;

As always I tend to catch the bus, it let's me observe and wonder of what every passengers story could be. After purchasing 2 roles of ribbons for Ol'Faithful (My old hot rod red typewriter) I was sitting comfortably watching people passing by and absorbing the gentle rays of sunlight.

I then saw a gentleman I believe to be in his 60's maybe 70's slowly walking with a gain, he had silver white hair and ocean blue eyes; I can not shake the feeling of those eyes there was something behind it. Although looking fragile and what seemed like Melanoma on various regions of his skin, he smiled and came to sit beside me.

As he rested both his hands on his small wooden cane he began the conversations with the old fashioned 'It's a beautiful day' and in return I said 'Indeed it is, indeed it is'. He then inquired 'Do you have a brother?' and as I nodded along he continued with a bit of wisdom 'Brothers can be hard at times, we don't get to choose them. But, they are family and there is nothing stronger than a bond between brothers, sure brothers fight but they also have each others back. Look out for your brother and treat him with love no matter how stubborn he can be'.

I then realized that my brother was a bit stubborn lately and we weren't having such a great time getting a long. Younger siblings do tend to get a bit annoying at times, everyone has experienced something along the lines and vise versa. Part of me was filled with curiosity of who this interesting individual was, I almost felt like saying

'God?'

Unfortunately before I could he smiled got up and said 'Well this is my bus' and as the doors closed and it drove off into the distance.

I could not but think - Why did I get to meet this nice old gentleman?
It was profound and made me question this experience as to the fact of how he was able to talk on the subject of brothers, more specifically when they don't get along. At the same moment in a period of my life where my relationship with my brother was not the best.

Has anyone else ever experienced the wonder of meeting a stranger such as this wonderful man?

Although a man who seemed stricken and filled possibly with main, he almost radiated happiness and serenity. It was truly profound to experience something like this in my life.

It wasn't God, meeting Him would vaporize you.

Possibly an angel, possibly just a wise old guy, either way, good advice.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
God is in all of us. He shows Himself to others through us, when needed.
Perhaps God will speak to someone through you, one day.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I never heard of that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Who knows? My computer paint has been degrading and the other day I realized the degraded parts look like the profile of a very exotic being's face and next to the face it looks like it says "god". Really odd lol.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I think such interactions would seem profound to someone who rarely interacted others.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I had to stop and read this...my name is Chuck and I am available for meetings.

top topics

join