It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went To See Sir Paul In Concert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Last night the wife and I the kid and his girl went too see Paul McCartney in concert at the Target Center in Minneapolis Minnesota pretty much sold out for a Wednesday. I was amazed at how great of a concert it truly was. It was neat watching him and how he made sure you were part of something he loves doing. He dedicated songs to Jimmy Hendricks, all the Beatles and his wife Linda and Prince. Those boys in the band can rip on a guitar.

He also did a new song dedicated to his new wife along with a video which had Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp doing sign language on the big screen in the background.

For me it was a good walk down memory lane. I'm sure it was for most of the people there. There were people there of all ages from 10 to 70. For an old fart Paul sounded great, hardly missed a beat. At the end of the concert it rained purple confetti a lot of purple confetti. For me it is one concert I will not forget, and one of the best I have ever seen. ........Thanks for reading.
Some pictures I took.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Nice. I saw him two years ago and it was incredible to see one of the Beatles live. The concert was also incredible and the man can still entertainn.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

He used to live just a few hundred yards from where I used to live, I often saw him when he was out shopping, that was about fifteen years ago, and yet he looks younger in your photos than when I saw him in town! Amazing what money can do for ones looks.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Look at the Stones......wonder how many blood transfusions they have had. I also wonder how old they really are.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
a reply to: VoidHawk

Look at the Stones......wonder how many blood transfusions they have had. I also wonder how old they really are.

I'm in my 60's, and when I was a kid the stones were a bunch of old guys making some good music, so yes, I too have to wonder just how old they really are!
They must be drinking a pint of virgins blood every day.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

He used to live just a few hundred yards from where I used to live, I often saw him when he was out shopping, that was about fifteen years ago, and yet he looks younger in your photos than when I saw him in town! Amazing what money can do for ones looks.

That's what lighting is for! Anyway you is being ageist. As for The Stones, they are around the same ages with a few years differences all round. Blood transfusions Lol!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

That's what lighting is for! Anyway you is being ageist. As for The Stones, they are around the same ages with a few years differences all round. Blood transfusions Lol!

Being in my 60's I think I'm entitled to be ageist

Go ask mick if he's ever drank the blood from a virgin

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Being in my 60's I think I'm entitled to be ageist.

Well, mate,
In a few months of this year of our Lords, I will be 70, and in the music business to some degree or another for 55 of those years, disregarding the learning years, so if you can still do it...just do it, there is no other way.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Being in my 60's I think I'm entitled to be ageist.

Well, mate,
In a few months of this year of our Lords, I will be 70, and in the music business to some degree or another for 55 of those years, disregarding the learning years, so if you can still do it...just do it, there is no other way.

Zimmer frame race at dawn? winner gets a star.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

meh I probably would pay to see him in Concert, however I stopped listening to him after "Tug Of War" in 82. His writing left me so, so...all sounded rather lazy and devoid of soul. I just started collecting LPs in 69. The Beatles had just released the White Album...what a masterpiece. Then there was Ram and Wildlife - ahhh good days

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

He played a lot of the old stuff, some wings, and some new stuff. He pretty much covered all the bases.

top topics

join