It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Carson Leads Trump's VP Search, Rubio Eliminated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Carson and Trump have become "like brothers" since the former presidential candidate endorsed Trump, the source said. The pair are constantly on the phone, and the low-key Carson has been a calming influence on Trump, whose temper can be, at times, mercurial.

The campaign is mum on who is making the final cut.

But one candidate is definitely out of consideration, that's Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, the source said.
As Carson Leads Trump's VP Search, Rubio Eliminated

I find the following quote from the article above fascinating:

Rubio would likely not woo Hispanic-American voters in large numbers.

How many qualified career politicians are there in the GOP who could do that? Susana Martinez, come on down? I can see why some are calling that type of choice a "gimmick" but I don't think anyone saw it as a "gimmick" when Jesse Ventura won with a similar strategy.

Anyone remember the following? Rubio was probably Trump's biggest adversary. I don't care what is said officially, I don't see how Trump could forget how Rubio was trying to cause a contested convention.

Despite suspending his campaign, Sen. Marco Rubio is attempting to keep every delegate he won while running for president.

The unusual move reflects preparations for a contested convention this summer — and comes as Donald Trump backed away from an earlier pledge to support the Republican party's nominee if he is treated unfairly after winning more delegates than his rivals.
Rubio Makes Unprecedented Bid to Keep Delegates for Contested Convention

edit on 5-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why doesn't he maintain his integrity and run with David Duke?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

hahahahahahahahaha

Good one!

You don't suppose Stalin might make an appearance for Bernie or Hillary do you?

As for Trump's VP choice, a minority female would be the smartest bet. Preferably Hispanic.
edit on 5-5-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I laughed so hard when Trump started calling him Li'l Marco and calling him sweaty. In fact, I'm still amused by it.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I bet he picks Boehner. LMAO

Cruz is Lucifer in the flesh.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I can see Trump now...

"This guy...*points* this guy right here, you see him? Yeah, this guy ... he stabbed someone with a knife, and that -- ya know -- well, that takes guts people. Guts. And what we need are people who are feeling stabby with guts like this guy. This guy...who has nice hands like me, healing hands. Together our hands will heal this place and make America Great...'cause ya know...two pairs of hands are more than one pair of hands...and um..."

I'm sorry, but I could make hand jokes FOR DAYS if this comes to pass.
edit on 5-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
From I've heard Trump is looking at Carson for Secretary of Health and Human Services, which a great choice since he is an accomplished Doctor and Neurosurgeon who spent decades working in his field of expertise.

Remember when Obama pushed John Kerry for Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations? When you choose political hacks over actual experts you get situations like the Iran deal.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think the best person for the job wouldn't do it...that is..

Colin Powell

If he wants to win the election, he will pick:

Rand Paul

Or

John Kasic

A hard right VP would hurt his chances...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Carson. I think he would have made a good president, but he lacked the personality to last as a presidential candidate.

Trump would be smart to keep him close, either as VP or in his cabinet.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
From I've heard Trump is looking at Carson for Secretary of Health and Human Services, which a great choice since he is an accomplished Doctor and Neurosurgeon who spent decades working in his field of expertise.

Remember when Obama pushed John Kerry for Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations? When you choose political hacks over actual experts you get situations like the Iran deal.

He is always napping, though. Even while talking. The meme makes little sense.
edit on 5-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
I'm a big fan of Carson. I think he would have made a good president, but he lacked the personality to last as a presidential candidate.

He lacked the ability to stay awake and when he was speaking, the ambien had not yet worn off.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Haha oh man you're so funny!

Aren't these jokes about how he falls asleep so hilarious?!

Is it really a requirement for a political candidate to yell all the time?

He is a soft-spoken intellectual.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Of course Rubio has been eliminated. He brings nothing to the table, he couldn't even carry his own state.

Hispanics are going to avoid voting Republican enmasse in this election in either event.

Best choice for Trump for VP will be Bernie Sanders.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

a reply to: reldra

Haha oh man you're so funny!

Aren't these jokes about how he falls asleep so hilarious?!

Is it really a requirement for a political candidate to yell all the time?

He is a soft-spoken intellectual.

He always looks like he just woke up whenever he's interviewed.

Being soft spoken is NOT a characteristic you want in your politicians.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
rubio was on record he wouldn't even consider it, lol

please let it be carson, please, lol

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

You make a really good point. I expect Trump will choose those who are actually good at the jobs instead of using only political motivation.

Carson would be great in that position.

It will be very interesting to see who Trump chooses for which positions. He must be confident in his choices, because he said he will make announcements before the general election.

The VP choice will be tough. He will not only need the perfect person for the job, but I guess he will need to select someone who will be a good political choice in order to get elected. Quite an ethical dilemma.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Duke said vote for Trump but didn't endorse him. OK. Fair game for the Dems to attack Trump as Duke was in the Klan a long time ago.

Did trump call Duke a close friend and mentor? Is there a plan for Trump to attend Duke's funeral?

Hillary called Byrd a close friend and mentor, Byrd endorsed President Obama (who attended his funeral). Byrd was an Exalted Cyclops (whatever TF that is) in the Klan.

Duke was never endorsed by the Republican party where as Byrd was a Democrat icon.

Care to opine on the Dem-Klan connection as well?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I think trust, focusing on unifying the country (not just party lines), and leading by example are more important than the volume of a candidate's voice.

But we all have our own priorities. That's why we are all able to vote for who we want.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Profusion

I laughed so hard when Trump started calling him Li'l Marco and calling him sweaty. In fact, I'm still amused by it.

Didn't he say that Marco's hands were so small that something else must be little, also? That's how the "Little Marco" moniker came about didn't it? LOL, I miss THAT Trump...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

In Trump's cabinet would be great...but as Vice President, Carson would have a better than average chance of assuming the Presidency before Donald can complete his first 4 years. I don't think Americans would be comfortable with Ben Carson as the V.P.. As a running mate, this would hurt Trump more than help him. (IMO of course)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join