It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Physical Appearance of the Anunnaki.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This thread is an open discussion on how the Anunnaki race might have looked like.
Everything I'm about to discuss in this thread will be pure speculation.

Having read alot of Mesopotamian stories from tablets , Its very rare to find a description of the Anunnaki's physical appearance. However we can find some hints of their appearance by simply looking at what the tablets say about their descendants.

1)We obviously know that the anunnaki were humanoid like us.

2)We also know that they were tall , According to some tablets the demi-god Gilgamesh stood 7ft tall. In the Hebrew bible the giant Goliath was 6ft 9inch tall (2.06 metres). We could imagine the Anunnaki were roughly the same height as modern day basketball players.

3) In the some Sumerian tablets , the Anunnaki refers to humans on earth as "black headed people."

"An, Enlil, Enki and Ninhursag creators of the black-headed people. Founders of Eridu, Bad-tibira, Larsa, Sippar, and Shuruppak."

We see Sargon of akkad use the same phrase to describe the citizens of Mesopotamia:

“The black-headed peoples I ruled, I governed.Whatsoever king shall be exalted after me, Let him rule, let him govern the black headed people.”

4) In the Epic of Gilgamesh a 4000 year old Sumerian story , The Anunnaki demi-goddess ‘Ninsun’ was described as follow:

"The mother of Gilgamesh was the pale Ninsun,
Herself listed among the goddesses,
A gentle queen,
Who had the gift of prophecy,
And could read dreams."

Its no suprise that the stories of the Anunnaki spread to other cultures around the world.

Like all myths there are only 3 major types of (alien) races recorded in every culture.

1) You have the benevolent Amphibian/mermaid type race worshiped as Ocean/River gods

2) You have the aggressive Reptilian/serpent type race who were seen as monsters/daemons.

3) Lastly you have the giant human looking/sentient type race who were the patron gods of the human race. (The Anunnaki)

In both Greek & Hindu mythology these races continuously interbreeded with each other producing powerful offspring.
Its worth to note that in all the myths across the world both the Amphibian & Reptilian races lived underground. On some rare occasions they would allow their hybrid offspring to live among them.

Red hair also seems to be a trait that's closely related to the gods especially the descendants of the Amphibian race , I guess it's probably a mermaid thing.....

1)According to Homer Achilles was apparently a ginger. His mother who was an Ocean nymph was forcefully raped by a human , which lead to the birth of Achilles.

“Athena came down from heaven (the sky): She stood behind him and held him back by his long red hair. No other man saw her but Achilles alone." -[Liad 850Bc]

2)Rhesus the mythical king of Thrace was also the son of a river god , He derived his name because of his red hair and is depicted on Greek pottery as having red hair and beard.

3)Thracians who were apparently the descendants of the god Ares had red hair and Blue eyes.

"those of the Thracians have blue eyes and red hair." - [Xenophanes 543Bc]

4) In Irish mythology there is a mysterious tribe of red haired demi-gods called the Tuatha Dé Danann

The Hindus depicted their gods with blue skin and feminine features (just like the greeks), however later arts changed their skin to pale white to represent upper castes of Northern India , the word "Aryan" means 'noble' and was originally used In the Vedic scriptures to describe the descendants of the Hindu gods or those who have royal blood.

Just like the greeks the Hindus use the color of 'gold' to describe their gods:

"Indra throws drops of moisture on his golden beard.....the Iron One with yellow beard and yellow hair." — Rig Veda (1200Bc)

The origin of light skin , eyes, hair.

According to scientists the mutations for light skin (A111T) , light hair (KITLG) and Blue eyes (OCA2) originated between the middle east and the Indian subcontinent (Iran) 8000 years ago (6000Bc). Before that time blue eyes & white skin didn't exist , The fact that those mutations happened long after the Ice age & far away from cold northern climates raises alot of speculation , The theory that these mutations were caused by natural selection doesn't hold any credibility. The latest and most probable theory suggests that these mutations came from Neanderthals. However Mutations for blond and red hair ect. havent been found in ancient European samples prior to the Bronze Age.

The genes for light skin ,eyes & hair originated from only 2 paternal (Ydna) markers. The first being haplogroup R1 which is distributed across the entire Eurasian continent & the second is haplogroup I1 which is predominantly found among Nordic people. Scientists originaly thought haplogroup I1 originated in Europe but new studies found that It originated in the middle-east along with haplogroup R1. Countries with the highest population frequency of haplogroup I1 are also the countries with the most tall people in the world.
If the Anunnaki were responsible for these "Aryan" traits then there is definitely evidence to back it up. Alot of people in the UFO community believe In Nordic type aliens that look exactly like us , so maybe there is some truth in all those legends after all.
edit on 5-5-2016 by ancienthistorian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancienthistorian

1)We obviously know that the anunnaki were humanoid like us.

We don't know.

2)We also know that they were tall , indicating that they evolved on a planet much larger size than earth. According to some tablets the demi-god Gilgamesh stood 7ft tall.

Why does their tall height mean they come from a larger planet? If they are taller than humans it would suggest they came from a planet with less mass and density than earth as a planet with less gravity is less likely to stunt their growth as much, enabling them to grow taller.

I know you said size and not mass but I'm just not sure what their height and a planets size have to do with each other. Coming from a larger planet is possible but not really guaranteed.

Edited to add that i do find the stories of the anunnaki interesting.
edit on 3848Thursday482016-05-05T17:48:38-05:004838 5 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Excellent op. Great info and something for real discussion as to where did this ginger/fair gene come from? Is there really possible proof to back up claims of the aryan race?

Gotta do some research.....il be back

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ancienthistorian

Sorry my bad , I think I confused bone density with bone growth.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Nice thread.. well done
Star and flag.

I always find it interesting when ancient cultures have similar stories about 'gods' or beings. In a time before mass travel and communication, it does add a bit more weight to these stories.. Especially reptilian beings as they are widely documented throughout history..

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

when researching Inanna i found something saying she was in the 5 ft something area, so maybe the whole thing about them being giants is like a way of saying they were something to be admired?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Very interesting OP!!

Could you post links to your genetic origins information?

I had read that the mutation for blue eyes was narrowed down to one individual from 8000 years ago in the area of the Black Sea -
- but I thought it had been determined that the genes for light skin and red hair probably came from European Neanderthals...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Good" bring"

This is the kind of speculation that makes ats fun. Your post is a shiny penny in a pile of hay.

I'll try to contribute later when I'm off work.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
#4 I don't recall in any of my research the Tuatha being solely red haired. I'm pretty sure it was a mixture of red OR blond hair with blue OR green eyes. But not limited to those options.

Overall great intro to a good discussion. I'm going to have to read Gilgamesh again now!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NixieJean

its been awhile since i looked into the tuatha de dannan if memory serves me right i dont think they were all redheads but that wasnt what they were remembered for. i think they were people for 1 nuadas arm. then cuchulain in myths are almost like gilgamesh myths

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You might find this of interest.
European Mummies of China

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Great thread

If they came from another planet what is the likelyhood their DNA would match ours close enough to mate and conceive? I do believe they did and I do believe it does

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ramses has red hair and blue eyes, they also said he had "Caucasoid"traits. To me that means he was a white dude with red hair and blue eyes.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

They created us, our vessle, and manipulated our DNA with the intent for us to serve them as slaves. If you weren't Annunaki, you were slaves. Unless you were a breeder, or favored by them for whatever reason.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

They created us, our vessle, and manipulated our DNA with the intent for us to serve them as slaves. If you weren't Annunaki, you were slaves. Unless you were a breeder, or favored by them for whatever reason.

Biblical story goes, God created man in his image. Some previous created life named as Watchers left their station, came down to Earth and then mated with women. They attempted to make offspring borrowing from God's direct creation which are described as made in God's image , which they were not ever named with that superior quality even if they were made by God. Thus they tried either improving their own species or destroying the one they envied or both. That is a far cry from them creating man as a lower form in the first place to be a slave, which is a more boring story really.
Naturally the Watchers would want their own offspring to rule, so they rewrote history which explains Annunaki stories surviving as myths today.

edit on 5-5-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MEDIKATED

From evidence the hair is red,not was red,and how does anyone know he had blue eyes,that's a stretch considering eyes leave no evidence of colour.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Nice thread OP! Being a ginger myself...I hear you saying gingers are Gods? Ok I feel much better in my life now, lol. Im only 6'4 though but maybe my black head companions were hobbit like height lol.

I can't remember what show it was but it was created by Jim Henson probably early 80's but in the cave these characters were in there were symbols that you would see in many of the Annunaki stories.
edit on 5-5-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

EDIT: The Dark Crystals was the name of it
edit on 6-5-2016 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I had some thought as I was reading. Will need to reread tomorrow. Interesting though

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

That's crazy. We're not close to being able to genetically engineer slave races. Yet, we're just a decade or two away from technologically advancing beyond human labor and replacing it with automated processes everywhere.

It's also crazy to think that someone creating a slave race would create humans. We're weak, we rebel, we're riddled with disease (increased overhead to them
).. these are easy fixes. Did you really think this through?
edit on 5/6/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/6/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
They were tall and treated their slave humans like dirt.

BTW, they arrived to mine mono gold. Due to their low numbers in personnel, they modified ape man DNA to create a slave race; Adam and Eve.

Later, after Iblis (leader of the Jinn) told Adam that they are nothing more than slaves, the slaves naturally rebelled.

The only solution that the Annunaki could think of was to drag a meteorite to earth and cause the Great Flood to drown the rebels.

Out of the entire population of peeved off slaves, all they could find was one dumb slave family to continue their enslavement; Noah's family.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join