It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton’s Email Security Procedures Won’t Be Released Until After the Election

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Somebody filed one of those famous Freedom of Information Act requests in May 2015 asking the U.S. State Department for their detailed security procedures involving the now famous Hillary Clinton private computer email system she set up while she was Secretary of State.

The State Department has responded by telling the requestee it will be in December 2016 when they (the SD) will comply.

Well this makes a few things rather obvious doesn't it.

It the SD actually had any "security" on Hillary's private system, it would be simple enough to provide some documents right?

I bet they had zero security.

If they did, they never would have had to take months to go through all her emails she turned over long after she left office for a different FOIA request and court order(s).

And they (the SD) certainly would have made official statements about any breaches (or none) that (probably) occurred.

And, the SD would have already had her server in their possession, but the FBI had to go to Hillary's hired private computer storage company to get the actual server she was using !!!!!

This new "news" is big, very big. Exposes a lot

Clinton’s Email Security Procedures Won’t Be Released Until After the Election

The State Department says it won’t release any documents relating to Hillary Clinton’s email security procedures and protocol until after the November presidential election.

In March 2015, soon after Clinton’s secret personal email account was reported by the New York Times, I filed a Freedom of Information Act request with the State Department asking for “communications, presentations, and procedures created by the State Department to secure Hillary Clinton’s email from electronic threats.” I filed a separate FOIA asking for emails sent to her personal @clintonemail.com account.

In May 2015, the State Department started releasing some of those emails, which has been an ongoing process sped along thanks to a VICE News FOIA lawsuit. But the department still hasn’t released documents about what procedures—if any—Clinton was supposed to use to keep emails on her server secure, a question that's all the more important considering that Romanian hacker Guccifer claimed in an interview Wednesday that he repeatedly breached her account.

edit on May-05-2016 by xuenchen because: zonked

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If only we could incentivize them somehow... oh yeah, these are government workers we're talking about here (not the ones living cushy like Hillary). They're in noooo rush. I work with these people every day (mostly State employees, not Federal). The ongoing joke is "well, it's good enough for government work!
" It's sad but just a fact of our country

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Boy oh boy those darn simple none answered questions are a thorn in someone's side .I think their problem is that they are using a swifter and the dirt is sticking to it .Those old corn-cob brooms could fling the dirt in many directions that made it almost impossible to collect again .Then there is the digital data that doesn't seem to be so easy to burn of hide away in some tin box anymore . isn't laws and technology a wonderful thing in our transparent over lords world .he he he ....go Bernie :>)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

A serious delay in providing the public with policies and procedures under the FOIA is unreasonable and actionable in court. The requester should file suit. That kind of thing should already be on hand.

I think there are also administrative options he could try first, but the quickest way is to just put them on notice and then file suit.

edit on 5-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Ha! Isn't that just some chit right there... I am not surprised and have said in a few threads that nothing will ever happen to Hillary. At least nothing serious. If she does win, this is more evidence that she was hand picked beforehand. Bilderberg's and this, etc is ample enough evidence to suggest that, I would think.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

X-Box- That works for Me under a couple provisos...

#1) The $6B USD that went missing when She was the Head of The State Dept'. is accounted for and the reason(s) why The Saud Royals felt compelled to contribute $2B USD to The Clinton Fraudation™.

#2) While the drums beat, She is led from Her cell at Leavenworth to tell us, The Serfs, that She was just keeping the $$$ for "safekeeping" by saying "You can't trust anyone in Washington D.C. here is all that money..."

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Ha! Isn't that just some chit right there... I am not surprised and have said in a few threads that nothing will ever happen to Hillary. At least nothing serious. If she does win, this is more evidence that she was hand picked beforehand. Bilderberg's and this, etc is ample enough evidence to suggest that, I would think.

iTruthSeeker

But don't you ever wonder why the investigation even exists if Hillary was handpicked? It's not helping her campaign.

I would think that if the election could be fixed for Hillary, an investigation could have easily been diverted and the issue swept under the rug.

I've seen way juicier and more damning scandals buried.

One that immediately leaps to mind is the Obama/Larry Sinclair scandal along with Larry's bogus arrest and the connection with Joe Biden's selection as Obama's running mate. All swept under the rug (but oh-so juicy and damning) because Obama was The Chosen One.

If Hillary is The Chosen One, I don't think this scandal would be getting any headlines -- it would be long buried and no one would be 'allowed' to speak of it again.

edit on 5-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I personally like at the bottom how it states plainly and then rather boldly: This email is UNCLASSIFIED
Hopefully, thats not the government lesson learned from her debocle and thats the slap on the wrist? Thanks to Mrs. Clintons efforts we now are bringing a tighter security to emails and their classifications... if it wasnt for her shining example in the face of our classification system baring such holes... we may have had worse incidences than Benghazi... heres your reward Mrs. Clinton bow or courtsey is your choice to make... although, I do suggest a lifted hand and finger roll at the top of your head at the peak of its depth to signify the 1000 pardons that allowed freedom instead of captivity for your crime.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The State Department is a key player in the coverup it seems.

If they did not know she had a personal server, how can they
investigate the servers security?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Very interesting, especially the questions and of whom they wish to ask them, from the filng:

Plaintiff intends to take depositions of the following individuals and designees:

1. Stephen D. Mull (Executive Secretary of the State Department from June 2009 to October 2012 and suggested that Mrs. Clinton be issued a State
Department BlackBerry, which would protect her identity and would also be subject to FOIA requests);

2. Lewis A. Lukens (Executive Director of the Executive Secretariat from 2008 to 2011 and emailed with Patrick Kennedy and Cheryl Mills about setting up a computer for Mrs. Clinton to check he. clintonemail.com email account);

3. Patrick F. Kennedy (Under Secretary fo. Management since 2007 and the Secretary of State’s principal advisor on management issues, including technology and information services);

4. 30(b)(6) deposition(s) of Defendant regarding the processing of FOIA requests, including Plaintiff’s FOIA request, for emails of Mrs. Clinton and Ms. Abedin both during Mrs. Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State and after;

5. Cheryl D. Mills (Mrs. Clinton’s Chief of Staff throughout her four years as Secretary of State);

6. Huma Abedin (Mrs. Clinton’s Deputy Chief of Staff and a senior advisor to Mrs. Clinton throughout her four years as Secretary of State and also had an email account on clintonemail.com);

7. Bryan Pagliano (State Department Schedule C employee who has been reported to have serviced and maintained the server that hosted the “clintonemail.com” system during Mrs. Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State);

8. Plaintiff reserves the right to seek the Court’s permission to take the deposition of Donald R. Reid at a later time, and State reserves the right to object.
(Reid is Senior Coordinator for Securit. infrastructure, Bureau of Diplomatic Security since 2003 and was involved in early discussions about Mrs. Clinton using her BlackBerry and other devices to conduct official State Department business);and

9. Based on information learned during discovery, the deposition of Mrs. Clinton may be necessary. If Plaintiff believes Mrs. Clinton’s testimony is required, it will request permission from the Court at the appropriate time.

And in regards to what they want to know:

1. Who was responsible for processing and/or responding to record requests, including FOIA requests, concerning emails of Mrs. Clinton and other employees of the Office of the Secretary;

2. Who was responsible for the inventorying or other
accounting of Mrs. Clinton’s and Ms. Abedin’. emails, records, and information;

3. Who was responsible for responding to Plaintiff’. FOIA request from the date of submission to the present; and

4. Which State Department officials and employees had and/or used an account on the clintonemail.com system to conduct official government business.

MotherMayEye, this IS the result of a lawsuit and subsequent foot dragging by the State department:

Discovery is rare in FOIA cases.

Discovery should be permitted, however, when a plaintiff raises a sufficient question as to the agency’s good faith in processing documents in response to a FOIA request.

Relying on the facts discussed above, Judicial Watch raises significant questions in its Motion for Discovery about whether the State Department processed documents in good faithin response to Judicial Watch’s FOIA request. Judicial Watch is therefore entitled to limited discovery.

Since it was found that the State Department did NOT act in good faith, Judicial watxh can go forward with discovery.

This further foot dragging (mentioned in the OP) is the State Department's response to being called on the carpet about prior foot dragging...
edit on 5-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The most 'transparent' administration in US history people!

ER wait until it comes election time.

Then not so much.

Among OTHER cover ups, and out right dismissals that the people with a D are pure was the undriven snow.

Now if the Sec State had an R by their names ?

ALL hell would have broken loose and the trial would be over, and a sentence of GUILTY would have already been handed down.

Must be nice to be an ex presidents wife.

Must be nice to be a woman running for president.

Hell must be nice to be from the party that can do NO WRONG, and 'never' does anything wrong.

I gotta say the United States of Dysfunction makes the corruption that went on in Rome look weak by comparison.
edit on 5-5-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Sadly Looks like the evil witch is getting away with it and they are preparing the public to accept politicians are above the law.

Officials: Scant evidence that Clinton had malicious intent in handling of emails

Prosecutors and FBI agents investigating Hillary Clinton’s use of a personal email server have so far found scant evidence that the leading Democratic presidential candidate intended to break classification rules, though they are still probing the case aggressively with an eye on interviewing Clinton herself, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Not really surprising , I just didn't see the Teflon Clintons getting slapped with anything if they haven't yet.

edit on 10531America/ChicagoThu, 05 May 2016 21:10:42 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
george bush did it, jeb bush did it, and it looks like hillary will get the same result, which is to say....yawn

(CNN)Some of Hillary Clinton's closest aides, including her longtime adviser Huma Abedin, have provided interviews to federal investigators, as the FBI probe into the security of her private email server nears completion, U.S. officials briefed on the investigation tell CNN. The investigation is still ongoing, but so far investigators haven't found evidence to prove that Clinton willfully violated the law the U.S. officials say. In recent weeks, multiple aides have been interviewed -- some more than once, the officials said. A date for an FBI interview of Clinton has not been set, these officials said, but is expected in the coming weeks. Abedin has cooperated with the probe, the officials said. Lawyers for Abedin declined to comment. The officials say the interviews of Clinton and her aides would be a routine part of an investigation like this.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If Trump wins, he will make sure that justice is done.
I would say she is worried about that prospect, but she is feeling too secure on her high horse to think about what will happen when she falls off.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I think if the Donald gets to be POTUS he will first get a good start on the Big O's record rounds of golf .I think he has no intention taking a bullet from the C-clan ....The only hope for justice with Hitlery is a bolt of lightning dropping her .Frig the formalities and the paper work .Well ok a death certificate but that is it .

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I suppose the others that were jailed or imprisoned for the exact same thing were to set some sort of example... what example is it setting letting her slide on the exact same thing? Other than sow yet more seeds of distrust and separation in the populous? No role model to find in such a legacy... tis a shame to be given a seat of power and let it corrupt, of course it is the seat itself that holds the power and that seat not being chosen by the actual people it is suppose to represent is going to be those holding its very downfall...

I suppose responsibility doesnt have to be given to the people that they request, as the responsibility for holding such a place didnt come from them to begin with. Kudos for dancing on the strings for those that pulled them to place her there I guess...

Thats about as transparent it can get to be honest.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
If Trump wins, he will make sure that justice is done.
I would say she is worried about that prospect, but she is feeling too secure on her high horse to think about what will happen when she falls off.

This is why Donald Trump said today that he would ask TED CRUZ to be Attorney General, and go after "crooked" Hillary.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

She's also working to have 2017 health insurance premium increases withheld until after the election.

top topics

join