It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military planned 'sex bomb'.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I never really saw the Cold War as a "good guy-bad guy" scenario.

Why not? Not enough oppression and torturing going on in the USSR for you to call them bad?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Why not? Not enough oppression and torturing going on in the USSR for you to call them bad?

Probably about the same as the US, Westy!

(sorry, but you walked right into that one)

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
Ever wondered why the good guys always win? I'm talking about allies in WWI,WWII and Nato and US in Cold War.

I never really saw the Cold War as a "good guy-bad guy" scenario.

If you listen to all the US influence they were like Communists bad, Nato good. I bet that if the Nazis had won WWII we would have thought of them as the good guys (hint: USA)

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Actually I don't think the U.S. had political prison camps, I do not think the U.S. forced people to become atheists, I don't think the US took peoples right to vote and choose their leader away.
If your trying to say that communism and dictatorship in not bad then you are wrong, but eveyone has their own point of view.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Actually I don't think the U.S. had political prison camps, I do not think the U.S. forced people to become atheists, I don't think the US took peoples right to vote and choose their leader away.
If your trying to say that communism and dictatorship in not bad then you are wrong, but eveyone has their own point of view.

It's bad, but to call is "good vs. evil" is a HUGE stretch.

Who knows, maybe God likes to torture people! And maybe we all shouldn't vote. You never know.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No one called them evil, you said you did not see the cold war as good-guy Vs. bad-guy, and I don't believe in god.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

If your trying to say that communism and dictatorship in not bad then you are wrong

Westy.... the problem with this statement is the link you have made between communism and a Dictatorship.

The "communism" practised by the Soviets is not what it was meant to be, as there is not supposed to be an all powerful central control, it is supposed to be the local communities that band together.

At the start of the Russian Revolution, there where loads of communes that in all ways where more democratic that anything in the west.

It wasn't until the Soviets (Bolsheviks) consolodated their power did it all go bad. In essence, the form of Government practised by the Soviets was more fascist/nationalist than communist, they just didn't want to admit it.

Perhaps you should read up on it before branding Communism "evil", as in theory it is peaceful, benign and good for the people.

You may be interested to know that many societies around the world in history where communist in nature.

For example, the Romans would set up huge communal farms call Latifunda that would feed the whole town, rather than having individual farmers. Many other ancient societies involved the whole populace doing their bit and everyone getting what they needed from another segment of society in exchange for what they did.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
No one called them evil, you said you did not see the cold war as good-guy Vs. bad-guy, and I don't believe in god.

I don't care if you don't believe in God (neither do I), it's called using an example.

I was using bad synonomously with evil, which makes sense, considering Reagan had the audacity to call the Soviet Union the "Evil Empire." So you can thank Reagan for that.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Why wouldnt you believe in God

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Why would you?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack

I believe the real question is "Which God do you believe in?"

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The Soviet Union's way of government was very dictatorship-like. It wasn't real communism. Real communism doesn't exist. Same as in the United States. We preach, "Democracy, democracy!" in this country, but pure democracy is a nightmare. You have the mob in charge. We have a republic in the U.S.

The fact that the nations that call themselves communist tend to have bad human rights records, and usually starving peoples, and an oppressive gov't, makes us in the West generally consider them "evil."

True, sweatmonicaido, maybe God does like to torture, and maybe we shouldn't be allowed to vote.

But one has to choose a certain way to live. If you have a society where people can just wake up one day and be in a bad mood and go torture people and then the next day, feel all loving and caring, well, you just couldn't have said society. It would be a wilderness pretty much then. So you have to choose to live by a certain set of morals.

In the U.S., our morals in general are, "Opression bad, freedom good." "Freedom to worship who you want good, being told what kind of job to have and where to work, etc.....bad."

There is NOTHING really that technically says everyone should be entitled to "life, liberty, and property." You could also say, "Not everyone is entitled to that," but there is no true answer to that. It's all for philosophers. We choose to live by the ideal that everyone is essentially entitled to those things, however.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
First of all I never called them evil, so stop quoting as if I said it, and bad does not always mean evil. Plus weather they were communist/fascist the USSR was still the bad guy.

Also... I leave you with this, there is as much proof and scientific evidence that god exists as there is that Santa Clouse and the Easter bunny exist.

West Point, Out.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Only sex bomb I know about is Miss kylie Minogue

Does she count?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Only sex bomb I know about is Miss kylie Minogue

Does she count?

LOL She stopped being a sex bomb a while ago.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Okay Sweetmonikaido, so Miss Minogue does not turn you on. Sad but I can understand why, especially if you're a young stud.

But old guys like me..........................

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok, what are the long term effects of this sex bomb? Will the affected enemy permanently become homosexual and lead a homosexual life for the rest of their life? That could be problematic because a certain country have traditions and religions that are against homosexual marriage and if they are affected by sex bombs, there will be internal conflict in that country, gay parades, etc. --> massive social disorder

And then there's conspiracy that AIDS is a human engineered virus that targets poor countries and homosexuals (homosexual intercourse spreads AIDS faster), so if the country affected by the sex bombs, there's bound to be a lot of homosexual intercourse which would ultimately result in widespread AIDS. Which would be pretty devastating.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Taishyou]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't think the effects are permanent, and it just stimulates sexual activity between the soldiers.

West Point, Out.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah that would make sense. Thank what ever diety you believe in that we didn't develop this during the cold war. The Cuban Missile Crisis just might have turned rated R. Of course on the other hand it might have helped our relations with the Soviets if we stuck the top soviets in the same room as the top Americans dropped on of these.

You know, why don't we just make a few of these, call a UN summit meeting and then close the doors. Maybe we'd all get along a little better. Lol, reminds me of Sadamn and Satan from South Park.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Saddam and Satan that was a classic I love that DVD. And G. W. might go crazy over every one in the UN acting gay, he’ll probably want a world amendment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join