It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews Caught on Hot Mic Ogling Melania Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: IAMTAT

“Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God is that good,” Matthews said.

Those comments aren't sexist.

But this is sexist (first line), although the whole ad is true. But no apologies.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Face it all men are pigs.

I'll oink to that.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Face it all men are pigs.

No, all men plus Hillary, are pigs.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
As a woman, I find his remarks completely unremarkable. Seriously - nothing offensive there.

I don't get it. ???

Same here. All guys "ogle". What he said wasn't bad - it could have been way worse

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is rediculous! I really expected him to have said something demeaning to women, this is not demeaning in the slightest. What in the world is wrong with folks? I will never understand why any woman would be insulted by such compliments. Matthews wasn't pervertedly saying how he wanted to 'bang that piece of *ss! He was simply appreciating her beauty and grace!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Liberals can’t admire a beautiful woman?
…They know not how….to appreciate the beauty

Obama sure did.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It's not in the least sexist. I know exactly what he's talking about. Her carriage. Like the way Marina Sirtis moves in TNG. It's regal and a thing to see.

ETA: Video:

The confidence and grace in her stride is something.

It's not about if what he said was really sexist, it is the absolute truth that if anyone on the right said the exact same thing about a woman on live tv, they would be branded a sexist and played over and over till it was burned through your retinas and drilled though your eardrums.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

It's not in the least sexist. I know exactly what he's talking about. Her carriage. Like the way Marina Sirtis moves in TNG. It's regal and a thing to see.

It's not about if what he said was really sexist, it is the absolute truth that if anyone on the right said the exact same thing about a woman on live tv, they would be branded a sexist and played over and over till it was burned through your retinas and drilled though your eardrums.

So this is a childish, frivolous issue then. Got it.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Matthews spoke these iron worker crude comments…typical

“Did you see her walk? Runway walk. My God is that good,” Matthews said.

A real man would have said:

"Rarely does God grant the human eye such beauty to gaze upon"

Nay though, we are in the age of darkness where no longer is the woman honored like she should be

Ya, and me and my Journeymen machine repairmen would have pushed you down and introduced ourselfs to her.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Obama sure did.

If that was George W Bush he would have been labeled a raging sex starved stalker for that same drooling stare.
It was Obama though so it made his manly image more manly if it was brought up.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman you know you just said a lot of yourself, with that statement about Ironworkers, the ones I worked with and around, they are some hard working people. Not to really to be looked down on.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Obama sure did.

If that was George W Bush he would have been labeled a raging sex starved stalker for that same drooling stare.
It was Obama though so it made his manly image more manly if it was brought up.

I like how Sarkozy nabbed him gawking and is trying to stifle a snicker.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Nope, you don't get it.
The same media goon would happily assassinate someone's character for the same comments on a female that he made.
Character assassination is not childish or frivolous.

One can argue he was seething with envy that Trump didn't have a frumpy wife to make it easier to belittle him. It was like he said between the lines, "look at that, how am I supposed to degrade that, this job sucks"

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Complimenting someone is not sexist. Yet anyone else would be labelled as such if they spoke such words.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

One can argue....

That one would be in Fantasyland. Leave the make up stuff to the media. They're good at it.

As far as this goes I think it says more about those that find this a problem than it does that this is even an issue.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Nope, you don't get it.
The same media goon would happily assassinate someone's character for the same comments on a female that he made.
Character assassination is not childish or frivolous.

One can argue he was seething with envy that Trump didn't have a frumpy wife to make it easier to belittle him. It was like he said between the lines, "look at that, how am I supposed to degrade that, this job sucks"

Funny thing is, Matthews wouldn't know what to do if she was doing squat thrusts in his face.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Would that assassination only be for people who made such comments public?
Of course media folk are hypocrites very often, they are speaking in public, toeing the line of society.
I'm certainly a hypocrite when speaking publicly sometimes, that is why I value private conversations.

His mistake was the mic, nothing else.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

One can argue....

That one would be in Fantasyland. Leave the make up stuff to the media. They're good at it.

As far as this goes I think it says more about those that find this a problem than it does that this is even an issue.

Nope again, people have already posted that it was as if he was complimenting her or he was overjoyed in the moment of her magnificence etc etc. All reading into what he said.

It is funny you don't see a discussion point about a two faced media personality. If it was so innocent why didn't he say it when he knew he was on air, or even repeat it after the live camera was pointed out?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Sillyolme

No they aren't.

They aren't demeaning, derogatory, or discriminatory, and it's not sexist to say she looks good and carries herself well.

Trump fondles and cups his daughters boobs = it's all good, man!

Dude makes a comment regarding a woman's physique = instant outrage

How is this even an issue? How is this even remotely close to sexist, as the OP says it is?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Saying someone is attractive is sexist...somehow I don't think in the slightest she had a problem with the comments.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join