It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Native Iraqi Insurgent Groups Distrustful Of Bin Ladens Motives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Iraqi insurgents face have yet another worry on their hands. No, not some new high technology weapon for the United States, rather the long term motives of Osama bin Laden. Bin laden has vowed to turn Iraq into a front line war against the United States. However the insurgents feel he may just be trying to hijack their rebellion. Indeed the group that claimed responsibility for the deadlies attack on U.S. troops, Ansar al-Sunnah, has posted a request on its website that foreign fighter stay out of Iraq.

www.cnn.com
CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Osama bin Laden has vowed to turn Iraq into the front line of his war against the United States, but Iraqi insurgents seem worried that he's out to hijack their rebellion.

At times, the Iraqis and foreign Muslim militants seem to be competing.

Media reports and Web statements have speculated that a Saudi carried out the December 21 suicide bombing of a U.S. mess tent in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul that killed 22 people.

But Ansar al-Sunnah, the homegrown group that took responsibility for that deadliest of attacks on a U.S. target in Iraq, named the bomber as Abu Omar of Mosul, a nom de guerre that pointedly claims him as an Iraqi.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Some of this may be a direct backlash against noted Jordanian terrorist, and Bin laden ally Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. It is perceived by many insurgent groups that Zarqawi sabre rattled then ran in the face of the U.S. incursion into Fallujah. He took off leaving the Iraqi resistance fighters to fend for themselves. Any split between these groups is good news for both the United States and the interim Iraqi government.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
For me, IMHO, there is much reason to be distrustful of OBL and the likes of Zarqawi:

"...anyone who deliberately participates in this election is an infidel..."

Imperfect poll better than none

In short, both are losing validity with most Arab Muslim's because the liberal and specific targeting of civilian Arab Muslims (Iraqis) which is not sanctioned by the Qu'ran (Koran) nor is it valid under acts of Jihad.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
In short, both are losing validity with most Arab Muslim's because the liberal and specific targeting of civilian Arab Muslims (Iraqis) which is not sanctioned by the Qu'ran (Koran) nor is it valid under acts of Jihad.

seekerof

This truly does not surprise me at all. I know that I would not like it if some group of fanatics came here claiming they were fighting for me when in fact they were fighting only for thier agenda.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Great news, hopefully the insurgency will fall apart due to infighting and lack of any public support.

top topics

join