It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: President Fox Apologizes, Invites Trump to Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ever consider that maybe they just want to get Trump in to Mexico because once in Mexico they'll make him disappear???

Trump should go down there IMO and see it from their side. I think El Chapo would make a nice tour guide for Trump. That way he'll see the real side of Mexico that many aren't lucky enough to see for themselves.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Personally, I think that that simply heavier taxing of money transfers back to Mexico would pay for the wall no problem.

As another mentioned, it won't do much for cartels, etc. but it can certainly cut down on illegal entry.

Now, that's just plain crazy.
Anybody coming over illegally still need determination, arguably the kind of people who want to succeed.
So, what about this wall then, what about the founds? down to bedrock for every single one of those 1,989 miles....seaboard to seaboard.
As for taxing transfers, not much use penalising mexican workers in the US, after all everybody says they work on the cheap anyway, so not much change there. You could try drug money, that would be as much chance as a snowball in hell, drug money goes round the world for a shortcut, you won't get a sniff of that, either the drug barons and/or the CIA will get it, and neither are likely to send the government pressys.
Apart from that, just building a wall, will probably be the 'cheapest' part.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

This is what I meant re: "Fast & Furious Part Deux"

en.wikipedia.org...

www.reuters.com...

www.ibtimes.com...

May as well arm them as We (U.S.) wouldn't want them to get hurt as they do their part to cull society.. "They" are now making $$ on the methamphetamine, the lab made Fentanyl Hecho en Mexico and now the HairOn (heroin) imported from Afghanistan moved through Mexico..

Do You know how the real good Cannabis is imported to the U.S.? The good B.C. Bud? They load ships and send them to Mexico and then it heads Norte. This is due to the routes already established and this allows the Northern Border to "save face" and no gras...Cannabis comes this way.. Coincidence?

Proud member of LEAP Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

This is what I meant re: "Fast & Furious Part Deux"

en.wikipedia.org...

www.reuters.com...

www.ibtimes.com...

Thank you for clarifying! I'm very familiar with Fast & Furious... I just wasn't sure if you meant Trump should re-arm them or arm himself and his entourage.

May as well arm them as We (U.S.) wouldn't want them to get hurt as they do their part to cull society.. "They" are now making $$ on the methamphetamine, the lab made Fentanyl Hecho en Mexico and now the HairOn (heroin) imported from Afghanistan moved through Mexico.

I have long understood that the only reason for the war on people who use drugs is because the people making too much money off the black market like it that way and want to keep it that way.

Do You know how the real good Cannabis is imported to the U.S.? The good B.C. Bud? They load ships and send them to Mexico and then it heads Norte. This is due to the routes already established and this allows the Northern Border to "save face" and no gras...Cannabis comes this way.. Coincidence?

I didn't know that. Makes sense though.

Proud member of LEAP Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Ever consider that maybe they just want to get Trump in to Mexico because once in Mexico they'll make him disappear???

Based on the responses here, I would say many of us have considered exactly that.

Trump should go down there IMO and see it from their side. I think El Chapo would make a nice tour guide for Trump. That way he'll see the real side of Mexico that many aren't lucky enough to see for themselves.

How very... um... something.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Anybody coming over illegally still need determination, arguably the kind of people who want to succeed.

I wish I could believe that. The sad truth is that for most, their determination is borne of desperation... not ambition. No one would take such risks unless their reality was much much worse.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
FYI
Former President Fox is not a prominent political figure in Mexico anymore, recently he was publicly criticized for having an excessive pension from the gov. he is as relevant in Mexico as Jimmy Carter is in USA.

Oh and Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence day, it's the anniversary of the only battle that Mexico won (although they lost the war to France)

That's funny, I consider Jimmy Carter to be one of the Most Accomplished Ex-Presidents in my 60 years. Compare that to the fabulous Paintings of Bushie.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

How very... um... something.

You might not like or agree with what I'm saying, but at least you can't say I'm not honest or factual.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You might not like or agree with what I'm saying, but at least you can't say I'm not honest or factual.

Yes indeedilee that's true!

And given my earlier comment about Michigan officials.. well... um... let's just say I'm not in any position to throw any stones now

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have long understood that the only reason for the war on people who use drugs is because the people making too much money off the black market like it that way and want to keep it that way.

Bod-

This is a very good movie depicting the mechanics of incarcerating folks. I believe the numbers of those incarcerated under a 'plea bargain' is close to 97%, I'd have to research further to confirm.

Once I got retired from My police job w/a broken back/neck and then when 'They' started to extract $1207/month out of My retirement to pay for My back/neck AFTER THEY promised me I'd be covered, well I got out My whistle and started to blow.. Ever wonder why Police dep't. conduct search warrants on "low income housing"? It isn't because everybody there does dope, it is that these folks WON'T get a private attorney to fight the charges. Usually more than a handful using the term "Throw the book at them and see what sticks"..™

The movie:www.imdb.com...

The movie trailer:www.imdb.com...

As an added bonus. Look at Afghanistan's production of opium prior to 2001 when The Taliban was in charge and look at what it is now. After looking at the numbers, One could opine that it is far easier to grow opium in a war zone OR something else is cooking...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

That's funny, I consider Jimmy Carter to be one of the Most Accomplished Ex-Presidents in my 60 years. Compare that to the fabulous Paintings of Bushie.

Damn right!

I wasn't a huge fan of President Carter... although the malaise of the 70s is nothing compared to today... but as ex-President, he's head and shoulders above the rest. No competition.

Several years ago, I had the honor and privilege of meeting him and shaking his hand when Habitat for Humanity built a couple homes in our neighborhood. I only pass by one of them regularly, but it has the most beautiful yard and gardens. The pride in ownership shines.

He's a good man with the true Christian heart of a servant.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I took the liberty to punch in Afghanistan's opium production. No sense You getting tagged an enemy of The State looking on Google™..

en.wikipedia.org...
Here is one w/a pretty graph showing the growth rate. To wit: If Your retirement fund showed the same growth You'd be reading this sucking on un umbrella drink:
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.telesurtv.net...

Remember too now, that there are "Private Prisons" and although they only account for like 12% of the prison pop. it still generates $3B/yr. in revenues...

It is like an onion.. The further You peel, the more You'll shed tears.

"For with great wisdom comes great frustration; Whoever increases their knowledge merely increases His heartache.

namaste

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Bod-

This is a very good movie depicting the mechanics of incarcerating folks. I believe the numbers of those incarcerated under a 'plea bargain' is close to 97%, I'd have to research further to confirm.

The movie:www.imdb.com...

The movie trailer:www.imdb.com...

Thank you for the recommendation -- I'll watch it with my hubby later.

Once I got retired from My police job w/a broken back/neck...

Ouch!!! My heart goes out to you. My brother broke his back and neck in a rollover while driving an 18-wheeler so I know the pain. He still suffers mightily. I hope you are doing better.

...and then when 'They' started to extract $1207/month out of My retirement to pay for My back/neck AFTER THEY promised me I'd be covered...

Wow. What a way to add insult to injury. That makes my blood boil.

...well I got out My whistle and started to blow.. Ever wonder why Police dep't. conduct search warrants on "low income housing"? It isn't because everybody there does dope, it is that these folks WON'T get a private attorney to fight the charges. Usually more than a handful using the term "Throw the book at them and see what sticks"..™

I know exactly what you mean! I've watched this happen, and told folks again and again that they'll abuse anyone and everyone they think they can get away with. I knew it would only get worse with civil asset forfeiture... and don't even get me started on the private prison for profit industrial complex. Grrrrr!

As an added bonus. Look at Afghanistan's production of opium prior to 2001 when The Taliban was in charge and look at what it is now. After looking at the numbers, One could opine that it is far easier to grow opium in a war zone OR something else is cooking...

I read an article just recently that showed a direct and proportional rise in heroin use/addiction here as the opium trade was protected and flourished in Afghanistan under Obama's policies... and prescription opioid painkillers have been restricted/limited. (Bush may also be to blame; but this article only named Obama if I remember right). It was an eye opener, and very disturbing.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well, remember 'They' had/have the opiate pain meds. epidemic and after 'They' either buried, incarcerated or sucked $$ on a plea bargain which included court costs and Probation costs for those w/the $$$, then cut off 'many' CPs (Chronic Pain patients) due to the 'Drug Seeker' now 'They' have the cheap Fentanyl™ from Mexico and heroin.

I'd also wager that if Your Hubby went to the E.R. with ALL His medical records He'd still have "Drug Seeking Behavior" attached to His 'permanent record???

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

This is similar to when I was in "The Crack War" This was when the Urban male (read: Black; other; non-affluent; non-voter) went to PRISON for coc aine. They were using the same drug as the sub-Urban male (read: white; affluent; voter) received PROBATION for using the same drug. The difference? The Urban male made more $$$ because they "rocked it up" and made a smokable form (Cocaine base; Rock; Crack)

The guys that went it during My days received sentences like 20-25 years so they are just now getting out, unable to vote in many cases..

"They" need bodies to fill the cots. They need bodies to stitch the 'Prison denim' they need bodies to make the license plates.. And the regular citizen that once received a Promise-To-Appear (PTA) are now getting "booked" and each booking has a "booking fee" in which the Taxpayer gets to foot...

And 'if' You share this w/Your Hubby, fore warn Him NOT to shake His head in agreement too much...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I took the liberty to punch in Afghanistan's opium production. No sense You getting tagged an enemy of The State looking on Google™..

Thank you! It may be too late for me... but much appreciated nonetheless!

en.wikipedia.org...
Here is one w/a pretty graph showing the growth rate. To wit: If Your retirement fund showed the same growth You'd be reading this sucking on un umbrella drink:
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.telesurtv.net...

Those numbers are mind boggling as it is; and they're probably under-estimated! And this is infuriating:

The profits are largely reaped at the level of the international wholesale and retail markets of heroin as well as in the process of money laundering in Western banking institutions.

The revenues derived from the global trade in heroin constitute a multibillion dollar bonanza for financial institutions and organized crime.

It is like an onion.. The further You peel, the more You'll shed tears.

"For with great wisdom comes great frustration; Whoever increases their knowledge merely increases His heartache.

namaste

That's the truth.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I'd also wager that if Your Hubby went to the E.R. with ALL His medical records He'd still have "Drug Seeking Behavior" attached to His 'permanent record???

Pretty darn close actually. It's my brother (not my hubby), and his wife is a traveling nurse. They had moved from one state to another for her work, and after the packing and driving and unpacking and all that, he was really hurting, and hadn't thought to refill his prescription filled first. So when he went to a new doctor -- MRIs, x-rays, empty prescription bottle, all of that in-hand -- they accused him of doctor shopping. It made no sense, because the prescription bottle showed when it was filled and how many and all that, and he wasn't trying to "double-dip" as he called it. But it took a little bit to get it straightened out.

He now uses medical marijuana (legally), with far fewer adverse side effects, and he's much better off anyway.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I wish I could believe that. The sad truth is that for most, their determination is borne of desperation... not ambition. No one would take such risks unless their reality was much much worse.

You said, "the truth is" with the caveat, "For most" I make no such claim other than, arguably a will to succeed.
As for the plight of Mexican citizens, the real truth could be far worse, if they know and understand that the country they wish to go to is part and parcel of their plight in the first place.
The CIA are there, there is no doubt about that, their role is supposed to be about prevention of the drug trade..that's a doubled edged sword, ask the Afghans, and the Karzai Bro's about that, it's recent enough.
As for the Mexican government, remind yourself that Mexico is a place of manufacture, something that Trump likes to er, Trump about. They now are producing their own weapons for their military. They used to use, well still do with a couple of years to go German weaponry, the Germans firm was going to sue them over copyright, but found enough material differences not to sue. So, the Mexicans are not sitting under their Sombreros, while they have a long way to go.
However, there is this horrific drug violence that persists, how much is that due to what happens in Mexico, as against what happens in the US? Is this an issue of commonality or not, and besides that how relevant is Trumps statements in all the mayhem.
The thing is, if Trump had one single ounce of sense, and I guess he has something there somewhere, he knows a border wall never be a solution.
I'm off now, a drone is bringing my Pizza!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You said, "the truth is" with the caveat, "For most" I make no such claim other than, arguably a will to succeed.

I don't mean to discount or deny their courage or determination. I truly see them as having no good options, but seeing illegal immigration as their best option, and being strong enough and determined enough to make the sacrifice in hopes of making a life for themselves and their families -- anywhere. That would definitely qualify as success.

And I fully agree with the rest of your post.

I'm off now, a drone is bringing my Pizza!

Enjoy!!! I'm really glad I just ate tamales or I'd be getting the wannas right now!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
He now uses medical marijuana (legally), with far fewer adverse side effects, and he's much better off anyway.

I was going to add that to the PMs but I don't testify to facts not yet in evidence.. Luckily, I have the means to travel to Colorado a couple, few times a month to use cannabis mySelf...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join