It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: President Fox Apologizes, Invites Trump to Mexico

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Exclusive: President Fox Apologizes, Invites Trump to Mexico

This is truly a rolling-on-floor-laughing-my-butt-off moment.

Earlier this year, Fox said that he would not pay for Trump’s “f*cking wall,” and called Trump ““Ignorant … crazy … egocentric … nasty … [a] false prophet.” Trump then called on Fox to apologize

On Wednesday, he did so — in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News — and added that he wanted Trump to come to Mexico to see the border from the other side.

“I apologize. Forgiveness is one of the greatest qualities that human beings have, is the quality of a compassionate leader. You have to be humble. You have to be compassionate. You have to love thy neighbor,” Fox explained to Breitbart News while sitting in the hotel of the J.W. Marriott in Santa Monica, California on Wednesday afternoon.

Ya think? Maybe if Fox spent more time worrying about his own citizens' behavior, this moment wouldn't be necessary. Like this, for example:

Cartel Smugglers Tried to Rape 11-Year-Old Migrant Girl in Texas at Border — Brutally Beat Her Mother

Or maybe he should have read the Fusion article Trump was referring to when he spoke of the rapists on the border and crossing the border... you know... the ones Trump wants to build the wall to keep out:

Is rape the price to pay for migrant women chasing the American Dream?

Of course, he could always just take a walk along the smuggling routes, and find the many rape trees adorned with women -- and little girls' -- panties and other under garments oh-so-proudly memorializing their dirty deeds:

"Rape Trees" Found Along Southern US Border

But, alas, why should he when so many north of the border would rather ignore -- and deny! -- the despicable ugly truth for their own self-serving political agendas:

Here’s One Rape Culture The Media Wishes Were Fake

But what's a little rape among political "friends" when there's political points to score? And it's certainly not like the most pressing issue facing us... I mean, seriously, who cares about women and little girls being brutally raped and beaten when transgenders can't use the bathroom of their choice, right? Priorities people! Priorities!!!

I'm not sure what exactly Fox was expecting Trump's response to be, but somehow I don't think he expected this:

Trump to Apologizing Mexican President: "Get Your Money Ready, Cause You're Going to Pay for the Wall"

"Got any message for the former president of Mexico?" O'Reilly asked.

"Yeah, get your money ready because you're going to pay for the wall," Trump said. "We'll get it straightened out."

Good luck, Presidente Fox. I sincerely hope you get off your high horse and address this inhumanity happening on YOUR watch. Nothing and no one is more despicable and horrendous than this -- except maybe those who let it happen.

Oh! And Feliz Cinco de Mayo, El Presidente!!!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
FYI
Former President Fox is not a prominent political figure in Mexico anymore, recently he was publicly criticized for having an excessive pension from the gov. he is as relevant in Mexico as Jimmy Carter is in USA.

Oh and Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence day, it's the anniversary of the only battle that Mexico won (although they lost the war to France)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
FYI
Former President Fox is not a prominent political figure in Mexico anymore, recently he was publicly criticized for having an excessive pension from the gov. he is as relevant in Mexico as Jimmy Carter is in USA.

And yet, somehow, it was big news -- and much celebrated -- when Fox cursed and disrespected not only a citizen but a presidential candidate... all while ignoring the ugly ugly truth... much like your comment.

Oh and Cinco de Mayo is not Mexico's Independence day, it's the anniversary of the only battle that Mexico won (although they lost the war to France)

And this is important because why? (Unless it's just more deflection and re-direction from the ugly truth, in which case, say no more...)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All the time we spend messing about halfway around the world. Yet we have a festering cesspool lingering just miles away in the form of the drug cartels.

I'd like to see our military used, overtly, to address this problem and to "bring stability" to our region.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

he is as relevant in Mexico as Jimmy Carter is in USA

SO true

However , Carter is still relevant in countries ran by tyrants and despots . In fact , he is welcomed there. Not so much in Georgia nor with his staff on the farm . They consider him a tyrant.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Also, to be blunt, **** the mexican government. Both current and former "leaders", these people make our corrupt politicians look like a bunch of choir boys. If they can't clean these problems up, maybe we should just walk on in there and relieve them of their duties.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
All the time we spend messing about halfway around the world. Yet we have a festering cesspool lingering just miles away in the form of the drug cartels.

I'd like to see our military used, overtly, to address this problem and to "bring stability" to our region.

Hey , our Commander in Chief and head of the Department of Justice armed the Mexican drug cartels.For that reason....

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Yes!!!

Not only is it cruel and inhumane to allow this to continue unchecked (we'll pretend like our government isn't actually enabling and empowering these sadistic and criminal cartels), but national security is one of the very few enumerated powers granted to the federal government, and also one of most neglected. And that's putting it mildly. More like abandoned and forsaken for political expediency.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Donald, don't go to Mexico...

It's a trap!!!...
Maybe literally...

With the amount of negative feelings towards him, I honestly dont know how he'll stay safe anyways, if he becomes president, even with Secret Service protection...

For this reason, IF he is prez, I hope he doesn't choose a politician for veep, as lately I'm hearing might be the case.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

edit on 5/5/2016 by japhrimu because: Double posted, so "POOF!" Fixed.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
Donald, don't go to Mexico...

It's a trap!!!...
Maybe literally...

With the amount of negative feelings towards him, I honestly dont know how he'll stay safe anyways, if he becomes president, even with Secret Service protection...

I agree -- definitely! Even if the apology and invitation is genuine, the cartels don't give a flying fig... they do as they will to anyone and everyone, and especially those who would throw a wrench into their "business."

For this reason, IF he is prez, I hope he doesn't choose a politician for veep, as lately I'm hearing might be the case.

I don't like that either. Then again, they say one should keep friends close and enemies closer. There may be a certain logic to his madness...

But I'm not the one to listen to about that. Just speculation on my part. I don't trust Trump or any of em any farther than I can throw em!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I hear what you're saying, but in a worst case scenario (or best depending on your opinion) where veep ascends to prez, this election would be all for naught...

IF a politician is a must, Rand Paul would be my choice, as I think, or rather hope, that he "sold out" to get a libertarian foot in the door...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yeah feminazis that are against the wall are about as bad as gays who support Islam.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

'Big News" ??? nope it's reported by the MSM and their job is not to inform the news, they make the news.

and the Cinco de Mayo bit was because... today is Cinco de Mayo and most people in the USA think it's Mexico's indepence day and it's not (Sep 16)

Que tengas un dia a toda madre!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

IF a politician is a must, Rand Paul would be my choice, as I think, or rather hope, that he "sold out" to get a libertarian foot in the door...

I'd like to believe that too. I understand the importance of picking one's battles carefully.... I just don't know though. I guess time will tell, eh?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MEDIKATED
Yeah feminazis that are against the wall are about as bad as gays who support Islam.

It's just crazy, isn't it?

The feminists pretty much lost me for good when they cried about the "war on women" because they might not get birth control for free... because that's the biggest problem women face today??? There are millions -- perhaps billions -- of women who wish that was their biggest problem.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Fascinating watching my guess/prediction play out.

I've held the view that, at least on the international issues, the 'wall', tariffs/duties on China...so on, are opening negotiation stances. They are intended to, first, achieve credibility for U.S. positioning which has been more or less lost on all fronts, sovereignty, Free Trade agreements, ME issues.

As that credibility grows with Trump's political success and support, serious attention is given rather than the initial comments by Fox. (Resulting largely an invitation to negotiate which was his real intention to begin with.....
)

This is where Trump will switch gears, so to speak, give up the 'wall' in exchange for more and real co-operation on border/immigration issues.

The same with China. There's no way we will return to the days of 50% of the world's manufacturing production. The goal being no further high paying job losses such as Ford and GM have announced. Stop the bleeding and we will compete on a leveled playing field....

Trump's credibility is growing by the day, Fox is an prime example of the expediency the U.S. will enjoy on many fronts as a result down the road.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

'Big News" ??? nope it's reported by the MSM and their job is not to inform the news, they make the news.

Well, not to nitpick, but the MSM did indeed make it "big news." Although I agree that "big news" is pretty much what we the readers/viewers make of it.

and the Cinco de Mayo bit was because... today is Cinco de Mayo and most people in the USA think it's Mexico's indepence day and it's not (Sep 16)

True, but it is indeed celebrated by many on both sides of the border. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Que tengas un dia a toda madre!

Gracias! Igualmente!!!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Fascinating watching my guess/prediction play out.

Good for you! I'm terrible at predictions... but I'll try to pay more attention to yours now

I've held the view that, at least on the international issues, the 'wall', tariffs/duties on China...so on, are opening negotiation stances. They are intended to, first, achieve credibility for U.S. positioning which has been more or less lost on all fronts, sovereignty, Free Trade agreements, ME issues.

As that credibility grows with Trump's political success and support, serious attention is given rather than the initial comments by Fox. (Resulting largely an invitation to negotiate which was his real intention to begin with.....
)

This is where Trump will switch gears, so to speak, give up the 'wall' in exchange for more and real co-operation on border/immigration issues.

The same with China. There's no way we will return to the days of 50% of the world's manufacturing production. The goal being no further high paying job losses such as Ford and GM have announced. Stop the bleeding and we will compete on a leveled playing field....

That makes a lot of sense (but I confess I never looked at it that way before!). Trump is all about negotiations and making deals. Of course he would be looking ahead and setting it up. Thank you!

Trump's credibility is growing by the day, Fox is an prime example of the expediency the U.S. will enjoy on many fronts as a result down the road.

Trump's approach reminds me of raising teenagers... always gotta be one step ahead, and willing to go one step further.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I love the analogy. Spot on!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join