It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruz to run 3rd Party?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Now the dust is settled on Cruz pulling out of the GOP race, rumours are continuing to swirl that he will run as a 3rd party in an effort to hold all candidates below the 270 electoral college vote threshold and thus leave the decision on who is President to the House or Representatives.

From TheHuffingtonPost

But what if you exit the GOP contest? What if the whole plan is to launch a third party campaign before the convention, not after? Oh my goodness, the madness this unleashes is fabulously delicious. And if you are going to try a third way, you would be best served to do it this week before next week’s first state deadline blows up in your face. Did I mention which state that is? It’s big and huge and important, and oh yeah, it’s Cruz’s home state of Texas.

Full Article

What is interesting is that the first deadline to get on the ballot is in Cruz's home state of Texas next week, so it may be that is the driver behind the exit now - put simply the percentage chance of winning via 3rd party became greater than with the GOP after Indiana's loss. With the Texas deadline next week, the decision had to be made.

Here is more from currentaffairs.org

I wonder will we be getting an announcement in the next few days...?
Would Cruz destroy the GOP chances by doing this? I think yes, he would....
edit on 5/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That would put your boy in a tenuous position wouldn't it?

I don't care who makes a 3rd party bid....just do it and quit with the lame threats.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That would make Hillary president.

But Bernie running as a third party would guarantee trump as president.

Remember how Ross Perot got Clinton elected?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
With the Republican party now calling for members to support Trump and unite the party to beat Clinton, I think that Cruz would get himself into a lot of trouble if he ran third party.

It would further fracture the party permanently, driving away the majority who voted for Trump, and they would lose every seat at every level of government when people stop voting for any Republican.

And - it would ensure that Clinton wins.

edit on 5/5/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Now the dust is settled on Cruz pulling out of the GOP race, rumours are continuing to swirl that he will run as a 3rd party in an effort to hold all candidates below the 270 electoral college vote threshold and thus leave the decision on who is President to the House or Representatives.

The only thing this would do would ensure an establishment president (Clinton). With a third party (republican) candidate in addition to Trump, the votes would be even more fractured and neither Trump nor third-party Cruz would even come close to winning.

Maybe this is the plan.

Get an establishment president in the White House at all costs, even if it means running a third party republican to hand it to Clinton and keep Trump out.

link   
LOL

The GOP insisted Trump sign that famous "pledge".

Now rumors of est. Cruz abandoning ship.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
That would make Hillary president.

But Bernie running as a third party would guarantee trump as president.

Remember how Ross Perot got Clinton elected?

The General Election may end up more crazy than the primaries!

Just imagine if Trump, Clinton, Cruz and Sanders were running... almost certainly no candidate would get 270 electoral college votes. The GOP leaning House would likely select Cruz over Trump/Sanders or Clinton...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good point!
Cruz would also be going back on his pledge to support the GOP nominee. He signed that too didn't he?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Chances? Zero to none.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

The only thing this would do would ensure an establishment president (Clinton). With a third party (republican) candidate in addition to Trump, the votes would be even more fractured and neither Trump nor third-party Cruz would even come close to winning.

Maybe this is the plan.

Get an establishment president in the White House at all costs, even if it means running a third party republican to hand it to Clinton and keep Trump out.

Well in percentage terms it would be more fractured, but that is not how the electoral college system works.
Trump may well take some swing states from Clinton and Cruz may take the states that Clinton is hoping to steal from the Republicans. The end result may be that none of them get to 270 electoral college votes - and that means a House decision on President.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Would not shock me at all if Cruz did this. After all, he abandoned his loyalty pledge.

I've always thought that Trump would be the one to split from the party, but Cruz doing it is pretty much the same thing. Either way, the conservative vote would be fractured and it would guarantee a democrat victory -- which is the plan, IMO.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I don't care who makes a 3rd party bid....just do it and quit with the lame threats.

It would certainly finish any chance Trump has, but not necessarily hand it to Clinton.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Cruz's involvement with the Puerto Rico bonds will follow him in any direction he goes.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It would certainly finish any chance Trump has, but not necessarily hand it to Clinton.

It might be Bernie in the general election, not Clinton. If it is Bernie, then he will definitely win in a three-way race.

The Clinton email server investigation was cooked up for some reason to play out during this election. And it's certainly not for Hillary's benefit.

Time will tell.

ETA: Regardless of whether it's Hillary or Bernie, democrats would easily win in a three way race scenario, like this. And they would win with a mandate. Again, I think that's the plan. Congress will want to get to spending under a democrat, tout de suite!
edit on 5-5-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

That would cause an uproar in this country. Imagine what the Trump AND Bernie supporters would do if Congress completely overrode the will of the people and chose someone else? We would never have peace or unity again. I think the PTB realize this, and this is why they are calling for the GOP to get behind Trump to beat Hillary.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Maybe this is the plan.

Well in percentage terms it would be more fractured, but that is not how the electoral college system works.
Trump may well take some swing states from Clinton and Cruz may take the states that Clinton is hoping to steal from the Republicans. The end result may be that none of them get to 270 electoral college votes - and that means a House decision on President.

I know how the EC works, and I don't see enough people voting for either Trump or Cruz in *any* state that would take away Clinton's win, even a swing state—because the numbers would be fractured on the Republican side. Republicans will vote for either Trump or Cruz (if he runs third party), so they will not get the majority in states where Clinton is already expected to win. Democrats will still be singularly voting strictly among party (Clinton), so she will ultimately still win the states needed to get her the EC votes (because most states are winner take all EC votes).

It's math.

ETA: Sleazy Cruz would likely do this because he is A) also an egotist and B) more butt-hurt at losing the nom and does NOT want to see Trump win.
edit on 5-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Maybe this is the plan.

I know how the EC works, and I don't see enough people voting for either Trump or Cruz in *any* state that would take away Clinton's win, even a swing state—because the numbers would be fractured on the Republican side. Republicans will vote for either Trump or Cruz (if he runs third party), so they will not get the majority in states where Clinton is already expected to win. Democrats will still be singularly voting strictly among party (Clinton), so she will ultimately still win the states needed to get her the EC votes (because most states are winner take all EC votes).

It's math.

I don't think Democrats would all vote for Clinton. Some of them have even said in recent polls they would be switching to Trump (I believe as high as 15% in one poll). Would more switch to Cruz? I don't know, but maybe.

Then there is a very large block of independents that are finding it hard to vote Trump even though they don't like Clinton.... they may also be swayed by Cruz.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

He would actually have to win a state for his evil plan to work.

That won't happen.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well my prediction was that Trump would run independent and split the GOP vote and we get Hillary...
now Cruz being the independent and splitting the GOP... we still get Hillary. we're still scre__d

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Its such a joke. Why do they keep trying to fob off the worst case individuals and gangsters off on the public?

Well one thing, please keep him, we don't want him back!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join