It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails over the South West of the UK

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I was getting defensive over being told to use my common sense. Not at someone saying these trails were benign. I do use my common sense and therefore posted what I saw and questioned why it is always over the sun.

I was happy to accept flight paths etc. But the answers were intertwined with people making me out to look like a bit of a nutter - when all I said was the word "why" - which I found unfair.

Peace.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

I was getting defensive over being told to use my common sense. Not at someone saying these trails were benign. I do use my common sense and therefore posted what I saw and questioned why it is always over the sun.

I was happy to accept flight paths etc. But the answers were intertwined with people making me out to look like a bit of a nutter - when all I said was the word "why" - which I found unfair.

Peace.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but surely using your common sense would be realizing that in order to cover the sun they would have to do it from every point, not just from your vantage point.

Anyway, i can assure you no one was calling you a nutter, a lunatic, an idiot or anything like that.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Peace.

What I don't understand is how anyone can claim that a trail is supposed to cover up the sun. After all a contrail is not that wide, and it's shadow it causes is only marginal in width.

Surely you understand this, right?

I mean: a trail in front of the sun isn't going to cover the sun for even a city. If from your vantage point there is a trail in from of the sun, and you move a couple hundred feet perpendicular to the the trail, it'll be uncovered again. Not that you'd ahve to actually do that, since usually the wind will take care of moving the trail out of the way in a few minutes time.

It keeps surprising me how little grasp chemtrail believers have on anything like the basic princiuples of phenomenae that surround you on a daily basis. I've yet to see a chemtrail believer explain to me what a cirrus cloud is, for instance. They're completely clueless. And that seems to be what it takes to be a believer. If you know what you're looking at, there's just no room for this chemtrail sillyness to take hold at all.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I disagree. Spraying chemtrails in the stratosphere, where upper air currents carry particulate matter round and round the Earth without it ever coming down, is probably the worst possible way of distributing anything, it's the least predictable, least efficient, least controllable and most expensive method. Even in the well documented experiments we do know about, aircraft never sprayed anything from more than a few hundred feet at most and even then, ground based vehicles proved superior.

Spraying at contrail altitude is a very expensive way of achieving bugger all.
edit on 23-5-2016 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: payt69

Peace.

What I don't understand is how anyone can claim that a trail is supposed to cover up the sun. After all a contrail is not that wide, and it's shadow it causes is only marginal in width.

Surely you understand this, right?

I mean: a trail in front of the sun isn't going to cover the sun for even a city. If from your vantage point there is a trail in from of the sun, and you move a couple hundred feet perpendicular to the the trail, it'll be uncovered again. Not that you'd ahve to actually do that, since usually the wind will take care of moving the trail out of the way in a few minutes time.

It keeps surprising me how little grasp chemtrail believers have on anything like the basic princiuples of phenomenae that surround you on a daily basis. I've yet to see a chemtrail believer explain to me what a cirrus cloud is, for instance. They're completely clueless. And that seems to be what it takes to be a believer. If you know what you're looking at, there's just no room for this chemtrail sillyness to take hold at all.

When did I say they were chemtrails?
When did I say it was only one?

Flip me... I see with my 2 eyes. I can see or do no more. I was talking about my experience(s) .... I never assumed chemtrails - just found their constant position interesting. That's literally it.

Thanks for being condescending. It doesn't make you look any better.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I cannot speak of other people's vantage points. I can only speak of my experience(s) .. which is what I did. I can't see for you. I can only see for me. Nor did I ever claim to. Or suggest others were seeing the same thing.
edit on 23-5-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: payt69

But chemtrail believers are not interested in facts, as if they did consider them they would totally destroy their silly "chemtrail" conspiracy theory!

A bit like this woman....

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I cannot speak of other people's vantage points. I can only speak of my experience(s) .. which is what I did. I can't see for you. I can only see for me. Nor did I ever claim to. Or suggest others were seeing the same thing.

Seriously? What, like you can't even figure out that something blocking your view of the sun cannot be blocking it for everyone else too? Wow man, I wouldn't have owned up to that.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

Seriously? What, like you can't even figure out that something blocking your view of the sun cannot be blocking it for everyone else too? Wow man, I wouldn't have owned up to that.

wtf. Figure out? I said I can't see it from everyone's vantage point. This isn't a matter of understanding it's a matter of not having superpowers to see through other peoples eyes.
edit on 24-5-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

wtf. Figure out? I said I can't see it from everyone's vantage point. This isn't a matter of understanding it's a matter of not having superpowers to see through other peoples eyes.

No one is asking you to see it through other people's eyes. How do you not get what we are saying?

The sun is visible for roughly half of the earth at any moment. The earth is very large and a contrail is very small compared to it. So if you are standing in London and the contrail is covering the sun, then do you think that SAME contrail is also covering the sun for someone standing in Madrid? In fact, forget Madrid, the next city next to London. ..

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

No one is asking you to. Logic is enough. Picture this experiment. Place a globe on a stand. Then mount a torch some way distant shining onto it, illuminating the hemisphere facing it. Place a hair (or several hairs if you like) 1mm above the surface of the globe and note how much of a shadow it casts. If you are in the shadow, it blocks out the "sun" for you. If you are anywhere else it does not. Crude. But close enough to illustrate the point.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

No one is asking you to see it through other people's eyes. How do you not get what we are saying?

The sun is visible for roughly half of the earth at any moment. The earth is very large and a contrail is very small compared to it. So if you are standing in London and the contrail is covering the sun, then do you think that SAME contrail is also covering the sun for someone standing in Madrid? In fact, forget Madrid, the next city next to London. ..

Lmao, yes but again. This is what I AM seeing. I never said any of what you mentioned. And I never mentioned what I am seeing is what everyone else is seeing around the world. I don't need a lecture on where the sun is visible.

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

This is what I AM seeing. I never said any of what you mentioned. And I never mentioned what I am seeing is what everyone else is seeing around the world. I don't need a lecture on where the sun is visible.

So you are special, they are flying these "chemtrail" planes just to block the sun from only you....

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Lmao, yes but again. This is what I AM seeing. I never said any of what you mentioned. And I never mentioned what I am seeing is what everyone else is seeing around the world. I don't need a lecture on where the sun is visible.

Well. You must be very important then if they are doing all Tgat just for you.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Well. You must be very important then if they are doing all Tgat just for you.

Again, I never said that. Just stated what I'm seeing... Why has that upset you so much? You're not great to talk to so I'm going to stop now. You clearly didn't understand what I posted. And that's ok. But don't make out I suggested/said anything I didn't please.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

This is what I AM seeing. I never said any of what you mentioned. And I never mentioned what I am seeing is what everyone else is seeing around the world. I don't need a lecture on where the sun is visible.

So you are special, they are flying these "chemtrail" planes just to block the sun from only you....

Are you two in cahoots? you post the same things to me. Read the above and move on. Sorry to not give you your own shiny reply but I cba repeating the same jargon to two people.. But the above comment applies to you too.
edit on 25-5-2016 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   

You can hop in a car (or on a bike) and move your vantage point, and see what that does for trails covering the sun. I can kinda predict the outcome though.

In my previous post I addressed my frustration with the lack of comprehension that chemtrail believers display when it comes to some basic stuff regarding meteorology/aviation. I don't know if YOU are a chemtrail believer, but your statement about trails covering up the sun is typical for chemtrail believers. So you might as well be one

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

You are playing games or acting dumb. Either way you are right. Lets stop talking

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

OK. So you do fully understand that for another person, just a shortish distance away from you, these trails wouldn't cover the sun. Also, my explanation earlier in the thread that you may see this sight repeatedly, as you described it, simply because air routes are pretty constant AND the sun always sets in the west, appears to have been unworthy of consideration or response.

So what ARE you saying? WHY is this sight unusual or remarkable to you?

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

OK. So you do fully understand that for another person, just a shortish distance away from you, these trails wouldn't cover the sun. Also, my explanation earlier in the thread that you may see this sight repeatedly, as you described it, simply because air routes are pretty constant AND the sun always sets in the west, appears to have been unworthy of consideration or response.

So what ARE you saying? WHY is this sight unusual or remarkable to you?

YES ..... I never stated otherwise! hahahaha.

If I thought for a second, me mentioning that I notice contrails over the sun on a regular basis and me finding it a little odd would cause such a kerfuffle i'd have never even bothered.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join