It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails over the South West of the UK

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 520167 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
The guy at NASA uses the term chemtrails so I think people should not keep objecting to that.

anonhq.com...

That was debunked and put in the right context some time ago, here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now if NASA told you that chemtrails are complete nonsense, would you lend that statement as much credence? Or is that where your confirmation bias kicks in?

Here's an entire NASA site explaining contrails:

science-edu.larc.nasa.gov...

edit on 520167 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: payt69

originally posted by: riley
a reply to: Shiloh7

Yep I reserved judegment, then I saw them three days in a row and they started criss crossing.

I've got a few theories in my head of what they may be doing.

1. They are downplaying climate change and are putting magical chemicals into the ozone layer to heal it.. in conjunction with putting the world's forests back. Shhh it's a surprise.

and unlikely.

2. Hiding the alien star ships because the new and ancient ufo clubs are fighting over who gets chosen to do disclosure and then welcome them.

..and what they will be wearing.

3. Hiding something else.. in which case watch any planetary disaster movies.

4. Trying to effect the whether to influence the stock market.

5. Drugs to make us docile or manic. Make us breed more or breed less. Make us just tired or poisons to make us sick.

6? All of the above.

I keep daring myself to think about it then I just feel this disgust for humanity. Even if they were doing something "innocent" the public should be told.

Oh my. I really hope you're kidding. It's kind of hard to know for sure sometimes, since people actually believe along these lines. You don't really do you?

I have a good imagination and yes that was tongue in cheek.

I do however know that it is not normal "water vapor" and for the flight patterns to change so drastically (within 50 years) they would have had to get permission to do whatever they are doing otherwise we would be seeing planes and helicopter's colliding. There are very specific flight paths they're meant to stick to but that has changed. Two months ago I wouldn't have believed there was something to it except for the same plane doing the same thing periodically and on those days the temperature breaks "hottest day" records. Every single time I have noticed the trails.. and not just fine lines but billowing clouds streaming from horizon to horizon. You do not have to be a pilot to see that it is not just normal water vapor.

At what point is someone a conspiracy theorist and what point are they just noticing the bloody obvious? When you see them yourself with your own eyes you will start questioning as well.

Now it could all be just global warming.. in which case they've been lying about the severity and onset of it and we all should be very worried.

Oh and YES global warming is me being a doomsdayer. Not in the biblical sense but it is a REAL thing.
edit on 7-5-2016 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: riley

Flight paths change all the time. When flying West they're going into a headwind, so they burn more fuel. Depending on winds aloft they move the routes to avoid the worst of them. They also change based on season, as more travelers head to different destinations.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Seriously.. you just told me what I know and I have factored in these facts already. It still does not explain what I have been seeing, the strange pics I have been collecting on my phone.

edit. Or the fact that every single day I see them heat temperatures get broken and are starting to make people sick.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Relieved to hear that

I do however know that it is not normal "water vapor"

Oh ok.. care to tell me how you know that? And someone corrected me on the water vapor thing. Indeed it starts out as water vapor as it leaves the exhaust, and it freezes into little ice crystals, which then shows up as a contrail. As this happens, you get a noticable gap between the exhaust and where the contrail forms, which is where the vapor cools down. This is indicative of contrails, not chemicals (other than water) being sprayed.

and for the flight patterns to change so drastically they would have had to get permission to do whatever they are doing otherwise we would be seeing planes and helicopter's colliding. There are very specific flight paths they're meant to stick to but that has changed. Two months ago I wouldn't have believed there was something to it except for the same plane doing the same thing periodically and on those days the temperature breaks "hottest day" records. Every single time I have noticed the trails.. and not just fine lines but billowing clouds streaming from horizon to horizon. You do not have to be a pilot to see that it is not just normal water vapor.

Well you keep repeating that it can't be, but you haven't explained in technical terms WHY that is the case. Why wouldn't a contrail be able to persist, and stretch from horizon to horizon if the conditions allow this. Haven you ever seen a horizin to horizon cloud cover? Why would a cirrus cloud at the same altitube be able to persist, but not a contrail? They're essentially the same thing after all.

At what point is someone a conspiracy theorist and what point are they just noticing the bloody obvious? When you see them yourself with your own eyes you will start questioning as well.

Now it could all be just global warming.. in which case they've been lying about the severity and onset of it and we all should be very worried.

YOu're a conspiracy theorist when you take a phenomenon that has been explained to death by science, ignore this explanation and stick some other outlandish conspiratorial explanation to it for which there is no credible evidence. Do you have any grasp on the conventional explanation at all? On what grounds do you dismiss it? Can we look forward to your paper correcting our current understanding of meteorology and aviation?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

As for the specific flight paths, they're moving beyond sticking to exact routes and have begun using, on a limited basis so far, direct navigation using GPS and ground based systems, to get the best performance out of the aircraft and decrease fuel burn.

No one knows what effect contrails have on net temperature, but on diurnal temperature they have a limited affect. They're not going to cause a temperature increase that is going to break records. Even without the contrails that would have happened.
edit on 5/7/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

There are very specific flight paths they're meant to stick to but that has changed. Two months ago I wouldn't have believed there was something to it except for the same plane doing the same thing periodically

Again, what height are they flying at, what flight numbers do they have and where are they going to/coming from?

You do check, don't you?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Relieved to hear that

I do however know that it is not normal "water vapor"

Oh ok.. care to tell me how you know that? And someone corrected me on the water vapor thing. Indeed it starts out as water vapor as it leaves the exhaust, and it freezes into little ice crystals, which then shows up as a contrail. As this happens, you get a noticable gap between the exhaust and where the contrail forms, which is where the vapor cools down. This is indicative of contrails, not chemicals (other than water) being sprayed.

..and yet again. I know what water vapor looks like.

Well you keep repeating that it can't be, but you haven't explained in technical terms WHY that is the case. Why wouldn't a contrail be able to persist, and stretch from horizon to horizon if the conditions allow this. Haven you ever seen a horizin to horizon cloud cover? Why would a cirrus cloud at the same altitube be able to persist, but not a contrail? They're essentially the same thing after all.

It is never ever done on cloudy days.. or days where there is even a hint of cloud. That is something else I find strange.

YOu're a conspiracy theorist when you take a phenomenon that has been explained to death by science, ignore this explanation and stick some other outlandish conspiratorial explanation to it for which there is no credible evidence. Do you have any grasp on the conventional explanation at all? On what grounds do you dismiss it? Can we look forward to your paper correcting our current understanding of meteorology and aviation?

You DO know this is actually a conspiracy site yes? I am trying to discuss this subject. I find it strange that you would try shame people speculating on conspiracy theories in a place that is designed to do exactly that. If someone speaks about conspiracy theories that does not automatically mean they are ignoring credible scientific evidence.

If that were the case cigarettes would still not be causing cancer because there were huge amounts of scientific studies saying they didn't.. that started out as a conspiracy theory as well.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Water vapor is not visible. It is invisible. It does not "look like" anything.

If someone speaks about conspiracy theories that does not automatically mean they are ignoring credible scientific evidence.
But it does tend to mean that they don't have much evidence of their own to offer.

If that were the case cigarettes would still not be causing cancer because there were huge amounts of scientific studies saying they didn't.. that started out as a conspiracy theory as well.
Actually, no. It did not start out as a conspiracy theory. There were scientific studies which refuted the claims made by tobacco companies. There were direct correlations seen between people who smoked cigarettes and incidences of lung and heart disease.

edit on 5/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Actually, no. It did not start out as a conspiracy theory. There were scientific studies which refuted the claims made by tobacco companies. There were direct correlations seen between people who smoked cigarettes and incidences of lung and heart disease.

In which case we would have to wait a few years if there really was something to chemtrails. If they were designed to do something it would take time for there to be a noticeable correlation.. which could always be dismissed with the old "correlation does not equal causation" chestnut. I have noticed the record breaking heat waves but that in itself could be dismissed as coincidence. Heatwaves may even be the reason why they are doing it (if they are indeed doing it).

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

In which case we would have to wait a few years if there really was something to chemtrails.
Persistent contrails have been around for a very long time.

If they were designed to do something it would take time for there to be a noticeable correlation.. which could always be dismissed with the old "correlation does not equal causation" chestnut.
It is not a "chestnut" it is a truism.

I have noticed the record breaking heat waves but that in itself could be dismissed as coincidence. Heatwaves may even be the reason why they are doing it (if they are indeed doing it).
Persistent contrails have been around for a very long time. Ever since planes could fly high enough to produce them.

From 1919:

The second German sighting occurred on May 9, 1919, when a pilot flying over Berlin at about 26,000 feet noticed the generation of a cloud stream that extended for about forty miles behind his plane. This stream eventually spread out to form a cloud layer that was about 3,000 feet thick. The pilot saw a similar phenomenon two days later.
www.thefreelibrary.com...

From 1940:

A few months later I witnessed the Battle of Britain taking place over my head in the July, August and September 1940. Being in SE London we had a grandstand view of the titanic struggle going on day aftr day with the intricate patterns of the contrails the most evident witness to the dog fights taking place.
www.bbc.co.uk... Short contrails do not produce intricate patterns.

1944:

So an airplane at great heights leaves behind it, stretching for endless miles, a visible "wake" composed of ice particles so tiny that they do not fall as snow but remain suspended in the air.
Source

From 1947:

Photo taken by Jerry Cole, combat aerialphotographer in the 390th Bomb Group at Framlingham Air Base in England. He is looking for a print from the original negative he shot around January 1944 or before. It shows contrails of P-47's crossing each other in the background and a B-17 in the foreground.

scoutbird.tripod.com...

From 1968:

Daily, for example, hundreds of jet planes crisscross the nation or great parts of it, often leaving fluffy contrails of water vapor, manmade clouds, as a signature of their passage.

Some contrails soon dissapate. Others turn into or are soon followed by high cirruse clouds that can and do influence the earth's heat balance with the sun.

news.google.com...,2068835&dq=contrails+cirrus&hl=en

From 1970:

The spreading out of jet contrails into extensive cirrus sheets is a familiar sight. Often, when persistent conditions exist from 25,000 to 40,000ft, several long contrails increase in number and gradually merge into an almost solid interlaced sheet.

journals.ametsoc.org...

Henry Wadsworth Hinkle, hired man down on the farm with Uncle Clarence and Aunt Martha, looked skyward a few days ago and was awed by the multiplicity of "vapor trails," as he called them. That's the old name. Now they are called contrails-short for condensation trails-resulting from the condensation of heat flowing from high-flying jet engines.

Source

A 43-year-old novice sailor said today that he followed jet contrails over the Atlantic to help him navigate after his sextant was smashed six days out of Pymouth, England.
Source He didn't follow jets, he followed contrails. You can't follow a short contrail.

1972:

Then there is the matter of cloudiness. The familiar contrails often left by high-flying planes might persist for a long time under some conditions.
Source

From 1973:

Often, after several clear days, high flying jets begin leaving condensation trails in the sky. These "contrails" are the result of the condensation of water vapor that accompanies engine combustion at high altitudes.
Source

He occasionally looked out the window at the earth and noted geographical locations. "We're coming over Europe and I've never seen so many jet plane contrails in my life," he reported
Source

Shore was no naïf; he recognized the irony of many of his images. One of the cleverest is "U.S. 97, South of Klamath Falls, Oregon, July 21, 1973," which depicts a desolate spot of road where a billboard displays a snowcapped-mountain scene — against actual mountains in the distance. The billboard image seems to emerge from the land itself. Along with a cattle gate and a sky with blown-out contrails, the billboard is a tired and shabby advertisement for America itself.
www.pitch.com... Contrails have to be around for a while to be "blown-out".

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Well it's invisible. Maybe it helps if you read this to help you understand things a bit better:

en.wikipedia.org...

It is never ever done on cloudy days.. or days where there is even a hint of cloud. That is something else I find strange.

Are you saying you've never seen a contrail on a cloudy day? Just making sure, because that really easy to debunk

You DO know this is actually a conspiracy site yes? I am trying to discuss this subject. I find it strange that you would try shame people speculating on conspiracy theories in a place that is designed to do exactly that. If someone speaks about conspiracy theories that does not automatically mean they are ignoring credible scientific evidence.

The site's motto is: 'deny ignorance'. It is indeed a site aimed at conspiracy theories, but also to take a close look at them and see if there's anything to it. Not to just uncritically make stuff up as you go along, and claim that your 'theory' means anything just because it seems plausible to you.

So I don't know if you're actually interested in finding out the truth of 'chemtrails', or whether you're just here to post some wild ramblings hoping that someone is going to confirm your ideas without any further scrutiny. I hope it's the former, but your statement indicates the latter.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I have no idea if what I saw were contrails or chemtrails...BUT, what I witnessed on the same day as you are referring to certainly was strange. My home is located near Wales in the West Midlands.....I walked outside in the morning to see the sky cross hatched with trails.totally filled....but thats not the strange bit....a minute later, I see coming from the west, at maybe 20,000 to 30,000 feet, two jets making these trails, side by side...they could not have been more than a football pitch apart. I watched this strange sight for about a minute before seeing two more coming from the same direction but further south.......I ran inside to check flightradar app and saw nothing coming near my home....this means it had to be military....plus, no civilian airplanes would have been allowed to fly so close to each other in formation. Again, I have no idea if they are contrails or chemtrails but these trails stayed for hours and spread out to fill the sky. It sure looks supicious to me....just saying.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I have no idea if what I saw were contrails or chemtrails

That's a problem many people have. Usually chemtrail believers (not saying you are one, but you're vulnerable) know very little about meteorology or aviation, and have no way of comprehending what they're looking at initially. That's why it really helps to learn about the meteorological and aviation aspects of contrails if that's what you're really concerned about.

If, after having familiarized yourself with that knowledge you still see something you can't explain in those terms, you may have something interesting. But jets creating lines in the sky is an all too familiar theme, and isn't going to raise any eyebrows in these waters.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KeithCooper
It's pretty difficult to see planes at that altitude but a couple of questions you might consider:
1) How do you know how high they were?
2) How do you know they were at the same flight level (side by side)?
3) How did you know the distance between them?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Well it's invisible. Maybe it helps if you read this to help you understand things a bit better:

en.wikipedia.org...

Wow.. not only do you insult by ignoring me actually saying I know what water vapor looks like.. yet you quote from Wikipedia of all places who has a history of posting ignorant BS often to the point of posting blatant lies? All the while talking about denying ignorance?

If you are going to patronize and try educate people so they can think correctly like you do.. at least have the courtesy of using a source that is not full of ignorance and is at least even slightly scientifically credible.

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone with a bias. It is not scientifically credible and frankly being expected to accept it as such is insulting.

edit. No that is not a request for you to go googling finding something that is credible you've already shown where you get your science from..

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

not only do you insult by ignoring me actually saying I know what water vapor looks like

What does water vapor look like?

Do you have any specific complaints about the wiki article about water vapor or is it just wrong?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I beg to differ. It usually HAPPENS on cloudy days. If you look at a number of photos of the phenomenon, where there's enough of the rest of the sky showing to give you a decent view, you'll generally see cirrus and either cirro-cumulus or alto-cumulus in the same photo.

That's because that cloud pattern is indicative of an atmospheric condition that's almost sure to generate persistent contrails.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How they used to look was very sporadic lines in nature, sometimes transparent which would disappear within an hour or two. These new "lines" just get bigger and expand rather than disperse like they used to. They are also not transparent.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join