It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeast infections have been linked to mental illness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
To be clear, I wasn't making a thesis about all the possible ways in which candida might sustain itself.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: PanPiper

Interesting as it was known back in the 60's that all the Psycho Geriatrics and along with all the rest of the inmates in the old Mental Hospitals all without a doubt had fungal infections of their toe nails. It was lore that Alzheimer's and Parkinson's was more than not preceded by such.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I hate to be the one to mention this, if it has not already be said, but I believe there is also a connection to yeast infections in women to "anal-to-vaginal" intercourse. Bacteria from the anal cavity can be transferred to the vagina which can cause an increased chance of the woman to get a yeast infection, as I understand it.

Over the years, anal sex has risen in popularity among heterosexuals and can be possibly linked to the rise in occurrences of yeast infections.

If I am correct in that assertion, can we therefore correlate mental illness to the desire for anal sex, or just pop culture?

edit on 7-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I hate to be the one to mention this, if it has not already be said, but I believe there is also a connection to yeast infections in women to "anal-to-vaginal" intercourse. Bacteria from the anal cavity can be transferred to the vagina which can cause an increased chance of the woman to get a yeast infection, as I understand it.

Over the years, anal sex has risen in popularity among heterosexuals and can be possibly linked to the rise in occurrences of yeast infections.

If I am correct in that assertion, can we therefore correlate mental illness to the desire for anal sex, or just pop culture?

I would think that that is a general hygiene issue with a clear causation of people not washing adequately between anal and vaginal sex, and oral of course... you could as well've linked stupidity to oral intercourse as thrush is very much at home in our mouths...as well as between sexual partners...therefore any relationship between sexual activity and thrush can easily be avoided through good hygiene practices.

A possibly more interesting relationship, sex wise, is that those who have had STDs, or any other bacterial infection that requires substantial courses of antibiotics, can find that their immune systems response to Candida is considerably suppressed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join