It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Denial, Anyone?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I see how you managed to skip right over the fraud regarding the Great Barrier Reef. It must be nice to have selective vision and be blind to things that confuse you.

I notice that none of the other CAGW geniuses want to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nathan-D

You posit the argument that carbon dioxide is being released from the oceans due to temperature increase.

Why would the oceans not be releasing CO2 into the atmosphere if they are warming? ...

I think your argument is the same as the isotopic arguments because the average human CO2 molecule is removed from the atmosphere very rapidly and because of this rapid removal there is only about 4% of human CO2 residing in the atmosphere today....

Where did you hear that oxygen (O2) was ‘more sensitive than CO2 to temperature?’...

Oxygen diffuses into water, but marine photosynthesis produces quite a lot of it; the vast majority (70% or more) of O2 generated from organisms on Earth comes from the oceans. Ceteris paribus, you would be correct.

However, that is not the gist of your argument. You wish to argue that a massive quantity of CO2 is escaping from the oceans and filling the atmosphere, but you forget something rather important: O2 makes up quite a bit larger a portion of our atmosphere - nearly 21% versus a mere 0.04% from CO2 (In November of 2015, anyway).

At 400ppm, there is 3,129.4654 gigatonnes of CO2 in the atmosphere. If you're saying 4% of that is isotopically ours, that's still 125 gigatonnes - some 5 years worth of fossil fuel emissions. I'm curious as to the actual data behind that one, if you don't mind.

According to this, a change from 0°C to 24°C would reduce dissolved CO2 from 0.00002 mol/kg to 0.0000093 mol/kg (-0.0000107 mol/kg), but it would reduce O2 from 0.00035 mol/kg to 0.00022 mol/kg (-0.00013 mol/kg). There is a lot of carbon in the oceans, to be fair; but there's also more of it there than there used to be, too.

Sorry, but your argument using Henry's Law fails to hold water.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Hurricane Katrina caused a record storm surge....this is the primary reason the levees failed. The eye of the storm missed New Orleans and there is some lag time for a surge to travel up a river. Katrina caused to levees to fail....but I see you just argue to argue regardless what the facts tell us.

The entire 2005 Hurricane season broke records, highest number of named storms on record, Wilma was the most intense hurricane to ever be recorded in the Atlantic and set records for rapid intensification.

When I was a teenager, an average Atlantic hurricane season had 9- 10 named storms. Now they say an average season is 12 named storms...perhaps this an indication of climate change true to predictions made by the world's climate and weather scientists.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Regarding The Australian and its article on the Great Barrier Reef, The Australian being a well known right-wing paper owned by anthropogenic climate change denier Rupert Murdoch.

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 15-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Don't have time to read the entire thread but it is very interesting! This has been on my mind for several years. Being in this world for forty or so years I have witnessed the weather first hand from a Texas point of view. I remember definite seasons and predictable climates for the most part. Very regular. Lately, maybe the past 10 years, the weather is more erratic than ever. For several years it has been feast or famine. Wet or dry. Extreme heat in summer to extreme cold in winter. Pretty much no spring or fall. For 2 years in a row I had to haul hay in from other states just to feed my cows. Now we are in a burn ban one month and it rains all month the next. No good garden crops for three years because of drought then drowning. I am not saying it's global warming or anything else but it seems to me almost a government affected weather. I am a casual contributor here but I do read much that is said. The weather has definitely changed in my lifetime and exponetionally in the recent years. When your livelihood depends on the weather you pay close attention.

On a side note, hail has recently been associated with most storms which I had only seen in 40 years.

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Its a good thing then cause they are the only ones who picked up the story.

www.couriermail.com.au... b3db81ec65c9768ad4

Green Peace caught using mis-leading infor for a fund raising campaign

here's something from an Australian Senator

www.senatormacdonald.org...

here's another from the Herald Sun

www.heraldsun.com.au...

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It seems to me no one wants to talk about the recent weather changes that are extremely different in the past 50 years. It almost drives beef and produce prices. To me It is manipulated for profits.

It is unexplainable that for 50 years It was somewhat constant and now off the chart. I know that is a small time period for some but has been constant for my lifetime. Government is involved in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Your first link doesn't work, but both newspapers cited are owned by climate denier Rupert Murdoch. Senator Ian McDonald is also a far right wing climate change denier. As for the Herald Sun hit piece, that's our very own Andrew Bolt, racist and denier extraordinaire.

www.crikey.com.au...

How about you refute the Media Watch story rather than link to highly partisan sources?
edit on 16-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

How about you refute the Media Watch story rather than link to highly partisan sources?

I seriously don’t believe there is any point in debating that poster. He or she is not interested in the truth. He or she is interested in an agenda. I am not accusing anybody of being a paid agent; it’s a personal agenda.

I believe it is psychologically very important to this person to deny the reality of anthropogenic climate change. I don’t believe he or she is profiting from it personally, and so is a two-way loser. First, they’re wrong and shrill about it, so they’re alienating people of good will and good sense around them, no doubt in their personal lives as well as on the internet. Second, they’re hideously wrong and will suffer the effects of climate change along with the rest of us.

Perhaps he or she lives on a coral atoll or something, and doesn’t want to accept that the Big Wave is coming.

edit on 16/8/16 by Astyanax because: of speculation.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I have no idea who Glikson and Bolt are. Why do you accept Glikson as an "authority"?

Here is the latest Government survey of the Great Barrier Reef, completed on June 12, 2016.

www.gbrmpa.gov.au...

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

here is why you can't use extreme weather events to either prove or disprove global warming (and certainly cannot be used to prove whether or not the current global warming has a human signature).

e360.yale.edu...

as noted in the article, increasing populations and increasing property values have the effect of causing more "insurable damage".

I could just wait until January and the "disprove" global warming by giving examples of extreme weather events, just as you have done, but it is an exercise in futility.

You give the example of heat in India, I give the example of extreme cold in Peru. You give the example of extreme flooding, I give an example of extreme drought.

These are all weather events. They are temporary. Global warming is indicated by 30 year trends, not temporary events that are gone in days or weeks.

In the past, I have seen many, many people try to disprove global warming by pointing to extreme cold events. Each time, people have pointed out that global climate is not weather..

And here you are, trying to prove global warming during an El Nino year, using extreme weather events.

I will again, point out that weather events cannot be used for proving or disproving weather events.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Last Month Was the Hottest Ever

The average temperature across Earth’s land and oceans was 0.84 degrees Celsius (1.51 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than the average.

Is that babbling I still hear, or bubbling?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is the part that really blows my mind. Generally, the "red states" are farming states. It's these farmers that that support the right wing policy to reject climate change. But sadly, it's these exact people that are most hurt by climate change. As a consequence, feed and fertilizer prices go up which ultimately impacts the availability and cost of food.

History repeats itself. Anytime when food supplies are disrupted, international war or civil war is not far behind. People deny this stuff to their own detriment because it will be there kids and grandkids who will be paying the price for their ignorance.

originally posted by: tryingtomakeit
It seems to me no one wants to talk about the recent weather changes that are extremely different in the past 50 years. It almost drives beef and produce prices. To me It is manipulated for profits.

It is unexplainable that for 50 years It was somewhat constant and now off the chart. I know that is a small time period for some but has been constant for my lifetime. Government is involved in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

That is the hottest "recorded" month. That is the hottest in only 70 years! That is the blink of an eye in geological terms. That is comparing temperatures recorded by thermometers vs thermoresistors vs thermocouples vs satellites.

Guess what - it means NOTHING. Last month was the tail end of an El Nino.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

remember - even IF the record is true (and its been "adjusted' at least 6 times) - It took over a 100 years to raise the temperature from an average (and who knows why they picked that average) by only 0.84 degrees C.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

That is the hottest "recorded" month. That is the hottest in only 70 years! That is the blink of an eye in geological terms. That is comparing temperatures recorded by thermometers vs thermoresistors vs thermocouples vs satellites.

Guess what - it means NOTHING. Last month was the tail end of an El Nino.

Then fall back to the simple physics behind the greenhouse effect.

It ain't hard.

If you have a car, and you've left it sitting outside in the sun with the windows rolled up, it's kinda similar.
The interior of a car will heat up significantly more than the temperature outside.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
California wildfires: Ferocious fires evict thousands

Firefighters are continuing to tackle a huge blaze in southern California, with several of them describing it as the most ferocious they have ever seen.

Commander Mike Wakoski said he had never seen such extreme conditions in 40 years of service.

Let’s see what absurd excuse our denialist pal comes up with this time.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

www.npr.org...

That is 17 counts of arson for setting wildfires.

Not global warming, just a nut with matches.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

And if you park your car under trees???

You haven't even looked at the role of clouds in all of this mess.

Further, look at the history of Irish climate change...

irishenergyblog.blogspot.ca...

Do you notice a similiarity to the history of climate change at all. That climate patterns change....from cool to hot and back again with astonishing regularity?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Aug, 18 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

why do you automatically blame global warming for everything. I am confident that already have google. Why do I have to prove its not global warming.

In fact, its the opposite. Everything you have posted as an example of the results of global warming has turned out to have a different cause because you simply refuse to do any research.

You mentioned hurricanes and tornados and storms. All of those things occurred before and are, in fact, occurring at less frequency and with less intensity now.

Its not warming that causes these things. Its global cooling. You don't believe me....a lot of scientists are cowering under their desks just lately. The Atlantic Meridian Oscilliation has turned cold. They are waiting for hurricanes to start up in the Atlantic after an absence.

Why are you so scared? Because your entire life you have been made to feel fear. Its global cooling...ah watch out for the coming ice age....No No wait...its really global warming. We are all going to die - not by ice but by fire. No..No...wait for it...we are all going to die because of the hole in the ozone layer...No...No. wait for it...we all got together and did something called the Kyoto Protocol...we are all saved! But wait...its pesticides ....Not its GMOs...No wait, its deforestration.

And in the meantime as you go off on your little emotional adventure....it never ever occurs to you that we are still alive and, in fact, are living healthier and longer lives than ever in the history of the planet.

You are worried about the failure of the rice crop for two years in a row in India...but elsewhere on a planet that is greener because of Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere..we have record yields for other grain crops like wheat.

Man - learn to use google and open your mind to other possibilities.

There is forest fires in California. Do you know what a forest fire does....it clears the brush out and sparks a new generation of life.

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join