It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Denial, Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I've lived for over 30 years. A friend of mine is nearly 90 and he has seen all sorts of weather.

The weather is 4.5 billion years old.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetan
I'm on the fence as to rather climate change is man made, because I haven't done much research on the subject. Do you think all of climate change is Man's doing or just some of it? Further more, why do you think it's Man's doing at all? This is something I've been meaning to delve into for a while so I'm all ears for both sides.

98% of scientists agree that the latest spike (last 120 I ars or so) in the warming of the planet is caused by humans. Google it.

Some people call it a conspiracy.I thank it's funny people think that 98% of scientists would conspire against everyone and hide the truth that is in front of our face.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I've lived for over 30 years. A friend of mine is nearly 90 and he has seen all sorts of weather.

The weather is 4.5 billion years old.

Got to love this ridiculous statement I hear time and time again from the willfully ignorant.

Do you really think those who work in the climate sciences are unaware of how old the weather is? Do you really think your anecdotal quotes from you and your friend are compelling evidence that outweighs the knowledge of those who study for years and actually have some idea what they are talking about?

And for the record, from NASA;

climate.nasa.gov...

March 2016 set a new record temperature for that time of year, according to NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies. The global temperature was 2.30 °F (1.28 °C) warmer than the average for March from 1951 to 1980, which is used as a baseline.

Every month this year has broken the record for that month. January was 2.03 °F (1.13 °C) hotter than the baseline for previous Januaries and February was 2.41 °F (1.34 °C) hotter than the baseline for previous Februaries.

Oh, wait, NASA lies or something, is that right?

Here's a chart you can ignore as well because, you know, weather changes and mumble mumble carbon tax something.

originally posted by: Rapha

originally posted by: Astyanax
Welcome, climate change deniers, to the Real Anthropocene. And a hell of a scene it is.

Its called Scalar Weaponry.

The sun is actually starting to cool down, so as it magnetic influence on Earth diminishes, our crust starts to shatter more hence the recent spate of earthquakes along the Pacific Rim.

In 10-20 years environmentalists are going to be wishing that 100x CO2 was emmitted as the entire planet goes into a new Ice Age.

Do you have any evidence for this, or is this just more conspiratorial bs nonsense?
edit on 5-5-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Of course the climate is changing it has done so forever..

Now pay the Carbon tax for using outdated fossil fuel technology to keep the cash cow moving on because no other form of clean energy has been created in the last 100 years has it.

RA

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I know I can not have any effect on the climate as a whole, just as no-one else can, what with the earth's tilt, the sun, jet streams, Volcanoes (activity up 300% in the last 2,000 years), sea currents, (currants?) termites producing millions of tons of methane, or is it CO2? cannot remember, animal farts, human farts, El Nino, lord knows what else...

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
Do you have any evidence for this, or is this just more conspiratorial bs nonsense?

Global Warming is a Hoax By Lord Christopher Monckton

Khabibullo_Abdussamatov
In early 2012, Abdussamatov predicted the onset of a new "mini-iceage" commencing 2014 and becoming most severe around 2055

Scienti sts warn sun sleep 2020

However, let me guess; as the scientist is Russian, the (NASA) graphs are printed by the Daily Mail, UK and Lord Christopher Monckton goes against the greedy scientists that want easy money, everyone will ignore this.

OK, prove me wrong. Instead of being the usual Mighty Keyboard Warriors that you guys are, launch a massive demonstration against every industry that does harm to Mother Gaia.

Oh don't worry, Mother Gaia will be right behind you. Hence the special forces will not silence you when you demand every military vehical grounded because it spews out CO2.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

You do know all of that has been going on for billions of years longer than man has existed right?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

The evidence in the OP is pretty much anecdotal.

Your evidence is compared to a baseline 60 years old, not 4.5 billion or even 2 billion. Even your graph only goes back to 1880.

Obviously you understand using NASA as a source for evidence on this topic is like using the KJB for truth on Russia?

Most important point - your brash approach leaves a lot to be desired. Enjoy replying to ridiculous posts and 'bs nonsense', I like your style.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
And here... right here with "climate change" is where brain activity is apparent, or not.

OF COURSE 7 billion busy humans have an effect on our atmosphere... and of course people making their living from old, polluting industries will pay millions to confuse and obfuscate the truth... as long as they can still make their billions and bet it will somehow work out, because.. .why? God? It always ends happily? Really?

I know of many species and civilizations that never made it and also know, from science, that humans have almost been wiped out a couple times in our short history, and that was way before there was 7 billion of us wildly trying to industrialize.

And if your answer to why we are fine with business as usual is God, them I seem to remember a big flood.. . and I'm dubious of rainbows as a binding contract.

Really, nobody wants to think about it because if one really listens to what the bad ol' scientists are saying, crap gets real.

We are in serious trouble, and only a mass, united effort can hope to mitigate a dismal, dismal future... or no future at all.

People believe that rising waters will create some inconvenience, if it even happens... but things are worse than that and nobody is hiding this info.. .it's right there in black and white for anyone with a computer or library access or a TV.

Mass water and food crisis... whole populations migrating in panic... war, starvation, wildly unpredictable, severe weather.. .and oh, yeah, at the end game, the algae that makes the bulk of our breathable o2 dying from ocean acidification due to increased carbon... meaning everything that breathes oxygen being in a bit of trouble in perhaps as soon as a century.

And on the other side? Oh, cleaning up our act and the planet , while not necessarily hurting our lifestyles via clean energy, is bad and is somehow a conspiracy by big solar... and and Aunt Tilly said it was hotter when she was a young'un .. .and the bad scientists somehow want us to pay more taxes and be less free, even though the scientists are US ... seriously, this is some weird idiocy on display.

I simply don't see a downside to acting as if climate change is real, and too many to ponder if it is and we do nothing. A very easy choice...
edit on 5/5/2016 by Baddogma because: add

edit on 5/5/2016 by Baddogma because: added a we and a g... for, you know, complete thoughts

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

98% of scientists agree that the latest spike (last 120 I ars or so) in the warming of the planet is caused by humans. Google it.

What is the fields of this 98% ? Betchya it isnt one of the established sciences . That count .
Of course , there is this mythical thing called "weather cycles" l; But no way mother nature could have anything to do with it. At least as long as the "quacks" can make billions of dollars.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Very well put sir, and your observations actually made me laugh. "But were farts of amoebas on flees in comparison to what One Volcano does"

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Climate change is undeniable, it's a question of cause and whether or not goverments will admit to the real reasons. However, even in the event they did provide the real reasons, are we as a semi-technologically advanced species far enough along technically in our abilities to control or manage the total environment of our planet? I highly doubt we are advanced enough. If climate change is effecting most of the planets in our system, right out to Saturn, there are only two common denominators; the sun and our passage through different areas of space. Can we control the sun or steer our local system through space? No.

I won't deny that we have a cumulative and minor impact on the total global environment, but I certainly don't believe that we can create a tipping point unless we were to release most of humanities nukes at the same time, that being a detrimental shock to the system. If you want answers on why climate is changing, look to the skies.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Thetan
I'm on the fence as to rather climate change is man made, because I haven't done much research on the subject. Do you think all of climate change is Man's doing or just some of it? Further more, why do you think it's Man's doing at all? This is something I've been meaning to delve into for a while so I'm all ears for both sides.

Some people call it a conspiracy.I thank it's funny people think that 98% of scientists would conspire against everyone and hide the truth that is in front of our face.

If you know where that 97-98% comes from, you know it's all a joke and a scam, Google that.
AGW is as fake as the war on drugs.
CO2 and humans are NOT causing global warming, in fact there hasn't been any warming for over 15 years. Tropospheric data doesn't show any warming for almost 20 years and stratospheric data shows a significant cooling, and that's easy to show.
There is not one scientist who claims to be a climate change denier, AGW denier is a whole other bucket though.

At the rate sea levels are rising it won't cause any significant damage the coastal areas, it has been rising since the last little ice age and humans are still here building there coastal summer homes and multiplying like rabbits.
If it is as catastrophic as they say why aren't they building mega coastal dams and walls around cities?
Ow i forgot, they are to busy playing war and other political nonsense games.

Should we take climate change serious? Off course!
Are we doing that? No!
We have no clue how the climate works, still we manage to have a consensus on global warming, something is not right here?
We all know well by now that all the climate models are incorrect and temperature doesn't follow the same trend as co2 emissions. Yet we still let these same 'scientists' tell us what to believe about the climate. One thing i have learned for years is you should not believe anything the IPCC says, it's an agenda driven corporation with only one goal, to prove GW is caused by humans, nothing to do with real 'climate science'.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

The worst thing we could have done is allow politicians to get involved in a scientific debate. It's not like they will actually listen to scientists and engineers.

That is exactly what the IPCC has done!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Because we point to trends in weather patterns not how weather looks from day to day.
edit on 5-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Anyone still feel like denying climate change, or feel like claiming, in the face of vast if circumstantial evidence, that we’re not helping to cause it?

Okay. I'm convinced that man is causing global warming... oops! I mean global climate change. In fact, I'm convinced that mankind is the ONLY cause for any and all deviations from the "norm"... Mother Nature is completely out of the equation because we're just oh-so-more-powerful. I'm converted.

Now I want to know why the same folks screaming at the rest of us about our carbon footprint are leaving the BIGGEST carbon footprints of all!!! Why is Obama (and his family) flying all over the world, on multiple planes, with multiple people for kicks and giggles? For that matter, why is Obama and leaders from all over the world doing the same in the name of a "climate summit" with the purported purpose of fighting climate change? How about the many many gas guzzling beasts that travel with the prez wherever he goes -- here and abroad.

What's up with all these private jets flying folks here, there and everywhere? Yachts? Heating and cooling 10,000+ sq ft mansions? Ask the folks who have to ration their water in California how they feel about the rolling green lawns in some neighborhoods... or the acres and acres of golf courses drinking up the water for the few while the many have to watch every single drop...

Why are we penalizing homeowners with solar energy? Why are we penalizing home gardens and community gardens that relieve our carbon footprints? Why are the feds bullying and intimidating farmers and ranchers while the prez is having Kobe beef shipped over from Asia?

I could go on... sadly. But I won't, because it's obvious to anyone with eyes to see: Why are the people screaming loudest about global climate change and how much we NEED the carbon tax the same folks who are making the biggest carbon footprint???

Welcome, climate change deniers, to the Real Anthropocene. And a hell of a scene it is.

Yeah, that's one hell of a scene. You got that right.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire
You planning on sourcing any of your crazy claims?

CO2 and humans are NOT causing global warming, in fact there hasn't been any warming for over 15 years.

You just have your head in the sand don't you?
NASA, NOAA Analyses Reveal Record-Shattering Global Warm Temperatures in 2015

Most of the warming occurred in the past 35 years, with 15 of the 16 warmest years on record occurring since 2001. Last year was the first time the global average temperatures were 1 degree Celsius or more above the 1880-1899 average.

See. Just because you say something is true doesn't make it so.

At the rate sea levels are rising it won't cause any significant damage the coastal areas, it has been rising since the last little ice age and humans are still here building there coastal summer homes and multiplying like rabbits.
If it is as catastrophic as they say why aren't they building mega coastal dams and walls around cities?
Ow i forgot, they are to busy playing war and other political nonsense games.

Do you happen to know what a derivative is?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sourcing, google it if you are interested.

I get my data here
and here
not from any news press release journalist.
If you are interested i could send you the plotted data graphs.

2015 was by far the warmest year on record and that's not just me saying this, it's the data saying this.
edit on 5-5-2016 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

What am I looking at there? I can't decipher that data. It isn't labeled well. Have you actually compiled that data or are you Neo from the matrix and can just find meaning by just looking at large blocks of numbers?

Global warming 'pause' didn't happen, study finds
edit on 5-5-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

lol no

It is actually labelled very good i believe.
Those are 2 temperature datasets, UAH and RSS obtained from satellites in orbit.
It shows temperature anomalies for different altitudes and different latitudes.
This is the plotted data for the lower troposphere with vertical you have the temp anomaly.

You can also see here that in 35years there just has been a 0.2 degrees rise

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join