It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dream err.. or nightmare about high school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey there folks, thought I would try once again to post in this forum about having to do one more year of high school in my dream world. I have nothing against my years in high school. I actually had an okay time and think of that time in my life as being in a safe warm bubble, with some really good friends and great teachers. I was glad when it was over, nonetheless, having felt like it was something I was forced to do.

In my recurring dreams of having to go back one more year, I try to find my locker and am frustrated at not remembering my combination. I have to go to the office and get my locker location and the combo. I also have a difficult time remembering my class schedule and getting to certain classes in order to attend them. It's all very frustrating stuff.

When I do figure out what my locker situation is, I find that I am having to clean it out full of things like clothing and books.

Last time I had one of these dreams, I was crying in my dream thinking, ''didn't I finish this already?''

Anyhow, that is the gist of my recurring dream and thank you for reading.

Any advice on how to interpret this will be appreciated.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

During college, and for about 3 years afterwards, I would have similar dreams.

The dream would consist of there being finals. I prepared for finals in all my classes except ONE. A class I completely forgot about for the ENTIRE semester and only just realized I was registered for it during finals! I HAD to get a good grade on the final or else I'd fail. Very stressful!

My boyfriend had similar dreams as well.

How long ago did you graduate high school?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: primespickle Your dream sounds frustrating too. Oh, I forgot to mention in the OP, it's been over twenty years! I've had these dreams over the years for awhile now.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

For years, that was my recurring nightmare. It went away when I got my ged (grade 12 equivalency). And then I went to college for a couple of years.
Very very similar dream.

Maybe there's still something you need to learn. Another class. It could be anything from calculus to basket weaving. A new language, forklift driving, etc.
Something 🤔

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I've had very similar dreams.
I really didn't like school much.
It is always a relief to wake up from these dreams.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit I'll have to pay closer attention to what class I attend in my dream and what classes I miss because I'm always frustrated or at a loss when it comes to my class schedule in my dream.
In waking life, the only class I would want to take is a math class. I was extremely frustrated in high school because I couldn't move past algebra into geometry.
Thank you for your reply, it gave me some food for thought.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23 I know right? Waking up and realizing I'm not being forced to go to school is a big relief for me too!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Well, one good thing is that it sounds as if you're right on the edge of lucid dreaming.

Next time you go to sleep, keeping repeating to yourself as you drift off to sleep, "next time I dream that I'm in high school, I shall become aware that I'm dreaming." Then you can do what you want with that type of dream, once you practice, that is.

But first, if you haven't already, look into lucid dreaming to get a better idea of what it's all about. Good Luck.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown I haven't had a lucid dream in sometime. I'll try your method of telling myself to become aware of being in a dream... especially the high school ones!
Thank you!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Wtf! I had almost exactly the same dream a few times! Except there was always something changing like either I couldn't find my class or I missed the bus at the end of the day, or even I kept failing the same class over and over again!

I kept telling myself also, didn't I already go through this ?!?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen It is such a frustrating dream scenario. It makes me wonder if there is something in my life that needs to be finished, but I don't know what!
I get that same sense of not finding my class too sometimes, but it is usually because I don't have my schedule or I've lost it or something.
Always, every time I have one of these dreams I have to figure out my locker situation.
That feeling of already going through this is the most depressing thing that I think in these dreams. Ughhh!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I had very similar dreams for years too! The locker thing, not being able to find classes or know my schedual etc. The weird thing is that I would often have similar dreams or they would be a continuation of the previous dream. I always had a lot of good people who were friends, but I had no idea who they were.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star I'm glad I am not alone in this! I spend a lot of the high school dream trying to figure out my locker situation and then find myself missing classes because I'm not sure of my schedule and there is a tired feeling I have about missing the classes. In real life I remember these things being easy and simple.
Thank you for sharing.
So, did you eventually stop having these dreams?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
My recurring bad dream WAS high school. Day after day after day I kept finding myself back at that dreadful place, just counting the days until I could leave and never have to go back.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I have also had the very same frustrating dream about high school, couldn't find classes-missing exams and no one would stop and help me. Then my dream went to college and omigod it was the end of the semester and finals were being taken and I had not attended any classes and I was gonna fail and embarrass myself. Had the college dream for about twenty years. Now, I dream I am forty years old, no education, no job, no family, no life. That's the saddest one.

Surprisingly, I was a perfectionist student, never missed classes or tests, won awards-have grown family-succeed in volunteerism-so I don't know why I have this dream-or these dreams-very weird. I hope someone can explain these dreams, too.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso I wish I could figure these dreams out. Seems like a lot of folks are experiencing similar dreams. Hopefully someone will come along and interpret them.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Night Star I'm glad I am not alone in this! I spend a lot of the high school dream trying to figure out my locker situation and then find myself missing classes because I'm not sure of my schedule and there is a tired feeling I have about missing the classes. In real life I remember these things being easy and simple.
Thank you for sharing.
So, did you eventually stop having these dreams?

You know, I was getting them often at one time, and I haven't had any like that in quite some time now.

Edited to add that many of the dreams were in a high school setting and then some were of college. I have never been to College or had the smarts for College. LOL
edit on 5-5-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

It's been almost 30 years since I graduated and I still have this dream that's pretty much exactly like yours. At the end of the dream I start remembering with relief that I haven't been in high school for decades and I won't have to do it all again, and I wake up. Also I have dreams where I'm getting ready for school and I can't seem to get out the door and then the bus is coming up the road and I panic because I'm going to miss it because I'm only half dressed or something.

I think it's an anxiety dream because although I got good grades, I hated school. I was always the quiet awkward type that got picked last for any team in gym, somewhat bullied, and never felt like I fit in. It got so bad in Jr. High that I would pray that I could die in my sleep so I wouldn't have to wake up and face another day of it.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Interesting that so many people have the same dream!

In mine, I seem to not know my schedule and can't find the class I should be in, or can't find the right class room. Very frustrating...

I try some of the suggestions here.

BTW, I graduated from High School over 40 years ago!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
These are usually indicative of your subconscious attempting to deal with some conscious stress you are experiencing during your daily life. Ask yourself, what are you worrying about? Are you worried you won't complete something on time? Worried you forgot something? Those kind of stresses do carry over into reocurring dreams such as the locker combinations or even the well known...where did I leave my car in a parking lot? dreams.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join