It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Campaign Made Payments to Hard Drive and Document Destruction Company

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think this deserves considerable emphases:

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: syrinx high priest
not for politicians currently involved in criminal cases of confidential information handling and destruction of evidence.

And remember, her unethical/corrupt etc. "performance" began AT LEAST as early as the Watergate hearings.

edit on 4/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: tag

edit on 4/5/2016 by BO XIAN because: tag

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

This is what I imagine.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't get it. Cant you just destroy an HDD yourself? I'd just make a bond fire with en
edit on 5-5-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

It does depend on the quantity, at one uk government site we just brought new drives when the old machines went back after the rental period and some poor bean counter from the audit office had to sit there collecting serial numbers etc, the data wasn't classified etc but did cover things like accounts/housing benefit/council tax/letters to councilors etc but certainly enough to cause a stir locally if things got out.

It's much quicker to just get a firm in, its normally a big bin wagon with special feeds and you can sit there watching the drives getting fed in and small chunks of metal come flying out and the paperwork gets shredded and then is burned at a special generator owned by the company (a day out for another auditor).

While it did cost about £30ish quid per machine for a new drive it was considered cheaper than the fallout of someone publishing a load of council docs etc.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: visitedbythem

Jesus, where do you work?
Steel mill

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: visitedbythem

Jesus, where do you work?

Chappaqua, NY apparently.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yup, lots of companys do this every day.

Security companys making security software must destroy their drives so their methods of dealing with malware, viruses and such stay secret from the very people who seek them to make better malware, viruses and so on.

Why wouldnt you shred your own hard drives when upgrading machines?

Who knows what info thieves may uncover and twist into hate campains. While im pretty damned sure Hillary is not a saint, covering digital tracks is simply good practice for so many reasons, its beyond rational thought to assume somone who uses these services is automaticly a bad egg.

edit on b11111221 by Biigs because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Im a Trump guy but I just cannot understand why any democrat would vote Hillary over Bernie for democratic nominee ? I know two people that are Hillary fans and they are pretty much boring types, kinda like the Cruz fans, really controlled and robotic. Bernies side has way way more enthusiasm, yuge crowds and he actually may win if the Bernie people try half as hard as they did to stop Trump. They can only try and hide and give her so much immunity before its just ridiculous, but those die hard Hillary supporters don't care what she does. Thing is, its not like above, people don't do that, Powell sent 3 and addressed the issue immediately, she has sent thousands and the important thing is if it was someone else who did that then they would be punished, imagine if a republican did that, holy crap !
edit on 5-5-2016 by MEDIKATED because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
one would think, that they would use cash for this. Maybe some of the cash Hillary got for speaking to goldman sachs...
Then again Jerry Springer did pay a hooker with a check

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
We drill holes in them where I work, and crush them. We also have a very large hot acid vat dip them in

i do not see how the hell that is relevant to the story. but good for you i guess?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder Well Bro, You are a welder? I have 35 years experiance on this one job welding. Pipe down sony

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
so if there is a company dedicated to this service, it must be a common practice ?

Data destruction is very common among businesses and even individuals who care about avoiding things like identity theft.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
I don't get it. Cant you just destroy an HDD yourself? I'd just make a bond fire with en

The data is still recoverable in that case, depending on how badly they're burnt. The idea is to fully wipe the data.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sparks you say? Hmm. I wonder if they're hiring. In case the post office job doesn't pan out in the long run. I want to keep my options open.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I take the magnets out of my old hard drives.
they are Very powerful! not cheap.
I would sugest you use a Taser on the circuit board.

if you send them to some one to do it for you.
they could ask you to pay a lot more later!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join